The Florence Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Apra Inn(New Delhi)
Average 3/5
Hotel Florence(New Delhi)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewskarol baghbusy market areanice hotelmetro stationlocal marketplenty of hot waterlong flighttour companyno windowclean roomsbreakfast was includedtea and coffeetwo nightsother hotelsgolden trianglemini barconnaught place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A very good hotel for cleanliness, service and location. Buzzing shopping area, near to metro and convenient for cultural sights of Delhi. Front desk exceptionally helpful and courteous. Breakfast selection a bit limited but good evening menu. Overall I would definitely stay here again and good value for money. Recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are smaller, but adequate and noisy AC, but there is a fan, whilst room at the front facing small park, was spacious and a quieter AC unit
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paula110
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had chosen this hotel based on reviews in Tripadvisor and had very high expectations while booking. Although the hotel failed to live up to the expectations,it was an average hotel, definitely with a few downsides. I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights with my family in 3 rooms.

The positives:

1) Location: Conveniently located at Karol Bagh, near the Metro Station. Perfect for visitors who would like to shop at Karol Bagh, one of the most buzzing shopping areas in Delhi.
2) Cleanliness: The hotel, the rooms and the toilets were spotlessly clean.
3) Staff: The staff of the hotel were friendly and caring, trying to assist us in every way. Special thanks to Mr. Ashish, the reservation manager, for arranging upgrade of two rooms, a pleasant surprise on arrival, and for arranging late checkouts.
4) Food: The breakfast was satisfactory, although limited with only a few items. The food served in our rooms late at night was delicious as well.

The negatives:

1) BOOKING:
The worst experience I had was in communicating over e-mail about the room rates/tariff. When I had e-mailed inquiring about the rates, I was initially quoted a high price for the rooms, airport transfers and car booking for Agra day trip. When I had found much better quoted rates in Expedia, Agoda, etc, and got back to the hotel authorities, they somehow reduced the rates. When one of my family members called the hotel over phone, they quoted even lower rates, but when they realized that the person calling them and I (who was communicating over e-mail) is from the same family, they raised their rates again saying that the initially quoted rates over phone was wrong as the person speaking to us was not the appropriate person. After many e-mail exchanges, we managed to find a good rate and later booked our rooms. So, the initially quoted rates were not their best offered rates and the hotel management seems open to bargaining about prices.

A shocking finding was that I was initially quoted a rate of INR11,000 for a day trip to Agra on a 6 seater, Toyota Innova car. I decided not to book this service because of the price. On arrival at Delhi, I managed to get the same trip at only INR 5500 from India's tourism board office. On my return from Agra, the hotel's front desk officer said that they could have arranged the same trip at INR 5000! When I mentioned their initial offer over e-mail of double the price, he himself looked shocked and had no reply!

ROOM SERVICE:
On arrival, the TVs of two rooms were not working and had to fixed by calling the room service desks. On the next day, the cable service was gone again and needed fixing once more. The toilet of one of the rooms had no light when we arrived and also needed to be fixed after we checked in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank MdGolamKibria
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a boutique property which offers almost all the services which one requires. It lived to me perfectly. Front office was excellent. I had left my passport in t locker and moved on ahead in my journey and till t time we came back they kept it with themself safe, I was so worried had thought that I had lost my passport, but thanks to Arshil who took care of it nd me perfectly. Would never forget these people, they have really treated me well. I'm very old even offered me wheelchair which they allowed me to take outside the hotel also.
Must stay here. Good people.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank patrik1958
Reviewed August 17, 2012

hotel was amazing, very near the metro station. lives upto your expectation. nice room sizes. best part was that there was a small park in front of my rooms which has birds in the morning buzzing there beautiful noise (very rare to see in cities of India). overall would recommend.
keep it up.

Room Tip: try having rooms no with 7 & ^ series
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sonialongbeach
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This really should either be a 4 or 5 star hotel. This was the 14th hotel I stayed at in 3 weeks in India. And upon entry, we had high hopes.

They were soon dashed when I spent 500 rupees for the "very good internet" for 24 hours.

The first night I bought the 24 hour pass, I was back at the desk asking for a refund. After 30 minutes, I could not log in and access the net.

The second night it worked well for 90 minutes. Then no longer. I had purchased another 500 rupees pass and an additonal 100 rupee pass for a second device. The hotel made you purchase a separate service for each device even if you were not using them at the same time.

After it stopped working, I made 5 phone calls to the front desk, 2 visits to the front desk, and one visit to my room, and a 30 minute call to a help desk. Finally, I simply wanted a refund. I had no desire to use their services. This resulted in an additional 30 minutes with the night manager. After multiple excuses, including that toshiba, Apple, and micrsoft were sub-standard companies, he tested the net on his desk top computer. At that point, when his computer didnt work, he refunded the money,

If you plan on charging a premium (500 rupees) please provide a service that matches the price. When it doesnt, stop making excuses and refund the money.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends