I've just stayed at this hotel and felt obliged to write a review so you know what you're getting. My friend and I spent quite a while reading reviews of this and other hotels in the mid range of the lonely planet, and there were good and bad reviews for each place, it was difficult to make a choice.
The hotel is at the better end of the bazaar, where the street is a bit wider and not as grimy. Its still the bazaar though, so its dirty and busy all the time, so be prepared for that. Our room was a very large room at the top, it was quiet, with AC, a couple of fans, and even a fridge. The room itself was ok, plain with no character, but sheets and walls were clean. The staff were the friendliest that i came across in India, and seemed interested in helping us with advice on various things. We ate at the restaurants upstairs and down, and thought the food was good too. This place is by no means the Ritz, but for Delhi i think its really ok. MY first night in Delhi was spent in a smaller, cheaper hotel in the middle of the bazaar and it was quitre a nasty experience, a tiny room which felt very dirty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel started in 1983 with 20 rooms,it has the best location in comparison to other hotels which are in a very congested areas around.The most famous export market near by makes it an ideal place to stay for handicraft dealers from around the world.hotel is centrally located in delhi with all major tourist destinations and business centers at a radius of not more than 15-20 min,nearest metro station(tube)is at a one min walking distance.The hotel went under a major renovation for one year 2011 to 2012 and re opened on 7 th feb,a major facelift to all 20 rooms, pictures can be seen on travellers review.facilities:aircon,electronic safe,24 hrs hot shower through solar panels,refrigerator,spacious bathrooms with glass curtains,kohler bathroom fittings,spacious balconies which are usp's of our property,electronic door key card system,dedicated internet wifi routers for a perfect internet experience,a multi cuisine restaurant.the hotel is well equiped to serve business travellers and tourist as well ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Metropolis Tourist Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolis Tourist Home Hotel New Delhi
- Metropolis Tourist Home New Delhi