“Good stay near the metro station in paharganj”

Metropolis Tourist Home
Ranked #133 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed three nights, not cheapest place but good prices compared to others very expencive in connaughat place, which is very closed. The hotel seems very good at first look but the sheets were with holes and there were beatles in the bath. We spent 2000rps which could be considered a bit high for the place but still good. The restaurant is ok, nothing special in the menù, and not cheap.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank FollettoClara

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This guest house met all my needs and was reasonably clean. The staff was friendly.

My room was a bit noisy since it was on the street side but not bad, especially if you go to bed a bit later, as I do.

The real draw here is not the hotel but the attached restaurant which was tasty (if a little expensive by local standards) and apparently quite clean since I didn't get sick even though I don't have a strong stomach.

Recommended for a simole, straightforward, clean room.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank lll-T-R-A-V-E-L-lll
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked here because of all the positive reviews. I was surprised to find the lobby so dark and pokey and when I was going upstairs to the room I really wondered if I'd got the wrong hotel as it was dark and gloomy. The room was a nice surprise though with a great shower in the bathroom....not always easy to find in India. It's a bit overpriced for what it is and I'll look around for something else on my next trip to Delhi.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank rosainparis
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was lovely, the bed so comfortable and big. I'm 6ft so it was nice to have a bed that I wasn't balancing my feet on the foot board or kicking it all night for a change. The bathroom was better than some I've encountered in Britain.
The meal we had in the restaurant was delicious and I can't compliment the staff high enough. Every question we had they answered and any thing we needed help with they did their best to help. If I was to return to Delhi then I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank TazHugs
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed a few times now, and just can confirm : Great clean mordern rooms ( especially the "suites" !), excellent Rooftop-Restaurant, very friendly staff and very interesting location in the middle of the most buzy traveller bazar Pahar Ganj. Airport pickup and drop service works fine, bookings and reservations via email work welll, nothing to complain at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Roadcaptain
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This Hotel was written in the Lonely Planet and in my german book as well. Sent them an email, replied within minutes and confirmed me a room for the next day. Central located in Paharganj and 30 seconds walk from the Metro. I was so suprised when I walked in there and saw the room. Absolutely europe style, modern and one of the best places I ever stayed in... For Paharganj its a bit pricy, but definitly worth in. WIFI in every room for free, all new renovated, LCD TV, AC and very luxury furniture... Nice roof top restaurant/bar, bit over the price average of Paharganj, but definitly good... Very friendly reception staff as well... Def finitly the place to stay when youre in Delhi!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank WBSchaenke
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The rooms are great here - the photos online are very accurate. Bathrooms are fantastic, awesome, big showers with good hot water. This room has more soundproofing that other palces in the area, which was nice and meant we could sleep in a bit. Wifi is a little temperamental but good when it works. Balcony is good to look out over the chaos that is Pahar Ganj.

The staff here are generally polite and helpful, though the atmosphere in the reception and public areas isn't as good as other accommodation we have experienced in the area - it's a little dark and there seems to be a lot of staff just standing around and often just sitting outside our room, which was a little strange.

The roof top restaurant serves great food, both Indian and western cuisines. Location is great for shopping in the Main Bazaar and there are some other great restaurants just around the corner.

Room Tip: Consider getting a separate room vs. staying on the fold out sofa bed if there are more than two of...