There are two Metropolis Guest Houses / Tourist homes ... they are both run by the same operation - but there is some confusion here I think if you are reading these reviews. This is for the newer one, that is a minutes walk from the 'old' one. The 'old' one which is right on the Main Bazaar has the restaurant, and older rooms. This place has no restaurant (they will bring room service over from the other apparently) ... but has the newer renovated rooms. confused? well .. So was I at first as I only knew about the older building and went there first only to be direct to the new one.
Anyway ... The room was spacious, and had a very comfortable bed, lots of lights, and switches ... etc. TV with good channels. The bathroom - while 'reno'd ... was dank. the concrete ceiling had water stains, moldy tropical rot stains ... and just smelled dank. The water was hot, the shower large ... but the over all experience was shabby.
At 2000 it's a bit expensive. It is also located on a quieter alley ... overlooking a run down park, where in the morning if you get up early enough you can watch drug addicts get high. The area is the area ... there's not much to do about that - but if your looking to spend that kind of money - I recommend the Le Roi ... about 10 minutes walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel started in 1983 with 20 rooms,it has the best location in comparison to other hotels which are in a very congested areas around.The most famous export market near by makes it an ideal place to stay for handicraft dealers from around the world.hotel is centrally located in delhi with all major tourist destinations and business centers at a radius of not more than 15-20 min,nearest metro station(tube)is at a one min walking distance.The hotel went under a major renovation for one year 2011 to 2012 and re opened on 7 th feb,a major facelift to all 20 rooms, pictures can be seen on travellers review.facilities:aircon,electronic safe,24 hrs hot shower through solar panels,refrigerator,spacious bathrooms with glass curtains,kohler bathroom fittings,spacious balconies which are usp's of our property,electronic door key card system,dedicated internet wifi routers for a perfect internet experience,a multi cuisine restaurant.the hotel is well equiped to serve business travellers and tourist as well ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Metropolis Tourist Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolis Tourist Home Hotel New Delhi
- Metropolis Tourist Home New Delhi