I have seen a few hotels in Paharganj now and even reviewed one. Metropolis is by far the best I have stayed in . I did have a nice meal of tenderloin steak a week ago but stayed there during a stopover in Delhi coming back from a tour of Central India. The rooms are well appointed and the bathrooms very clean with modern fittings. The only problem though is that the place does not have a big enough lounge or a place where one can meet other tourists. It is by far the most expensive in Paharganj with rooms starting at 2000/- ( approx 24 pounds ) a night and going upto 42 pounds a night. Their specialty restaurant would also cost you upto 10 pounds with a glass of draught beer. If you can afford it , just head for it . I would recommend it highly. With bars and many other restaurants near by one can easily have a wide variety of cuisine to choose from at cheaper prices too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel started in 1983 with 20 rooms,it has the best location in comparison to other hotels which are in a very congested areas around.The most famous export market near by makes it an ideal place to stay for handicraft dealers from around the world.hotel is centrally located in delhi with all major tourist destinations and business centers at a radius of not more than 15-20 min,nearest metro station(tube)is at a one min walking distance.The hotel went under a major renovation for one year 2011 to 2012 and re opened on 7 th feb,a major facelift to all 20 rooms, pictures can be seen on travellers review.facilities:aircon,electronic safe,24 hrs hot shower through solar panels,refrigerator,spacious bathrooms with glass curtains,kohler bathroom fittings,spacious balconies which are usp's of our property,electronic door key card system,dedicated internet wifi routers for a perfect internet experience,a multi cuisine restaurant.the hotel is well equiped to serve business travellers and tourist as well ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, ETB, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Metropolis Tourist Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolis Tourist Home Hotel New Delhi
- Metropolis Tourist Home New Delhi