“Nice rooms, good service”

Hotel Grand Park Inn
Ranked #106 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Grand Park Inn in Delhi. The rooms were very nice with everything tiled and the service was exceptional. Room service was prompt and they always had our taxis waiting as requested. We have stayed at other hotels in India and this one is a step above. The neighborhood around the hotel isn't the greatest but we didn't spend time there anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days during my business trip on 3rd to 6th june 2013. Everything was excellent from behavior to service. A very good experience. From General Manager to Service boy, everyone was very helpful and did their best,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharmistha2002
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a period of 3 days with family and the experience was good. The Service was good and the Staff was friendly . It is a Family Friendly place and I didn't find any Safety issues.

Pros.
Walkable from Metro Station
Near to Market
Good and Clean Rooms

Cons
I found it a little expensive as compared to the nearby hotels.
The quality of Food is Average.

Room Tip: If you are going with 4 or more people, choose a Family room instead of two double rooms. The Family...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mohit B
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was on a tour through India that spent two nights at this hotel. I also added on a third night myself given that it was the start point for my tour and given the reasonable rate, including airport pickup and breakfast.

The hotel is in Karol Bagh which is a very busy area, like many in Delhi. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel there is not much of interest... mostly a bunch of auto repair places. However if you walk for 5 minutes there is much better shopping and restaurants. Additionally the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the metro, which is easy and convenient.

The hotel itself is very average. The rooms are of a good size but are very dark and poorly lit. The bathrooms are clean but have a strong scent of mothballs, which I suppose is common in India. The hot water was unreliable and the AC did not work in my room the first night. Also, the advertised free wifi rarely worked in my room (only once did it work in the middle of the night).

The breakfast was not very good and I don't understand why the rooftop deck is covered on all sides? It would be nicer to have a bit of a view of the surrounding area. On the other hand, the staff was courteous and assisted me in renting a car/driver for the day and also arranged airport pickups as requested.

All in all the stay was mediocre and I'd likely choose a different hotel on another trip to Delhi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cougrz007
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed on 12th and 13th Apr. Rooms are quite good, pretty ok in terms of neatness and have space. Apart from that that other factors needs improvement
- Overall hospitality and friendliness of Hotel staff. Most of them do not exhibit any means of courtesy.
- Restaurant area in the roof top is shabby. Some waste materials were dumped in the restaurant table. Not a good area to take the complementary breakfast
- Exhaust fan of the Wash room in the Restaurant is facing the restaurant
- Room boy uniforms are not neat and when I see, it makes me uncomfortable
- Hotel surrounding are not so good
- If heater is on, A/c is not working. I understand this from reception. After I switched off heater also, A/c was not working for long time. This is but unusual
- For the amount I paid (Rs. 2200/day), I see this as overpriced. Definitely not worth for the money I paid.

I may not go here again..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jsbsuresh
Manager_MP, General Manager at Hotel Grand Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback review.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. As the season gets over by April,there was renovation work going on at the roof top dining area and the rooms(for the cozy and comfortable stay for the guests),which is now absolutely ready for the upcoming season.

As you have appreciated the cleanliness of the spacious rooms we thank you for that and also since all the work is now finished we are all ready for the upcoming summer season.

We look for ward to have you in the near future and assuring you the best of the services.

Regards

Madan Pai
Hotel Grand Park-Inn
New Delhi

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here during Diwali. Though in a crowded and noisy location, once inside the Hotel it was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful and took great care of even our smallest requirements. A special thanks to Mr.Pai. Must say, they served delicious food.

Room Tip: >"Avoid the rooms on the third floor as their kitchen is a floor higher and hence tends to b...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sheetaldeo
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Not a great area but that is Delhi in general but the service and the rooms make up for it. Free internet and wifi, no views to the rooms but it had a hot shower and a fridge. Toilet paper and towels were free. Overall rating good

• Stayed: March 2013