“A very god place to stay in Delhi”
Review of Hotel Madonna

Hotel Madonna
Ranked #406 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 6, 2007

A very good hotel in Delhi, with clean rooms,excellent service, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel manager, Mr. Bathia was so friendly top arrange for usn a wo9nderful trip to Agra Pushkar and Jaipur, offering us for the best price hoytels of good standards and also helping us with the transport along all my stay. i can only recomand this hotel to all who will need a stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Rose-Gul

Reviewed April 5, 2007

We found this place via their website, which makes it look like a fairly hip, jazzy location. While the exterior decor is in fact cool, Hotel Madonna disappointed on many levels. Overstaffing in India is common (to provide jobs), but every time we came and went, a different guy grabbed each bag - meaning four separate tips. On one instance, I didn't have anything small to tip one of the porters (who was also in charge of delivering toilet paper), so I told him I'd tip him later; guess who ran out of TP?

The location is out of the way and the neighborhood is truly India - loud all the time, with plenty of honking to keep you awake at night. Compared to the place we stayed in Bombay (thicker walls), this was like sleeping in a rock concert. The bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom was fairly grungy.

They do have an internet connection, but speeds are at 1992 levels. They threw in free breakfast (mediocre) and set up some a driver for the day who repeatedly lied to us and took us to "the only open restaurants" in Delhi until we made him take us to one out of the guidebook that was magically open as well.

Bear in mind, we stayed here after three weeks in India, so we were getting pretty sick of the tourist exploitation that goes on there. Still, you can do a lot better than the Hotel Madonna - we did everywhere else we stayed in India.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank duderedman
Reviewed March 29, 2007

I was in Delhi last year, my first time in India. I was a little bit afraid going alone but when I arrived at the aerport a guy from the hotel was waiting for me and brought me to the hotel, at that hour and in a strange city very pleasant. The owner, Mr. Pintoo helped me the first days, learned me more about India and what to do and NOT to do. Leaving Delhi, he helped me to reach every place I wanted to visit. The hotel is located near the metro, so very usefull to see the city.

I'm going back in a few months, can't wait!

Bernard

Reviewed March 26, 2007

One year ago I was taled about the hotel, last year I came to Delhi and stayed in this hotle. The hotel hostility was really wonderful and I decided to come back with my wife. So this time I came with my wife and Mr. Pitoo arrange a womderful trip to Jaipur and Agra and really my wife and I enjoyed our stay. The hotle is locted colesed to the market place and suitable to go for site seeing. The evey important thing about this hotle is that it's very clean and the staff are so kind to the guests.
Thank you so much for evey thing, India will be our second home after Ethiopia.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2007

Delhi is a pretty hard place to get accomodations under $100 that are reasonable. Considering this, Hotel Madonna is not so bad, at $81 including taxes and breakfast. They were honest with us, and the manager (Naresh) was very good at making reasonably-priced car and travel arrangements for us. The area is also nice, as there aren't many tourists around to attract touts & beggars, and there are plenty of ATMs and shops (bottled water, cell phone SIM cards, etc...). They picked us up from the airport as arranged, even though our flight was delayed by 6 hours and arrived at 4 AM.

The downsides? Not the cleanest hotel we ever stayed in. Street noise can be very loud (Indian street noise is a whole different level than the west...). We had to call reception every day for towels and more toilet paper. Restaurant is best avoided.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Everything started out OK - phoned the hotel ahead of time, got a rate in USD ($92) and arranged a hotel pick-up, which was there when I arrived. The people were nice enough, but I got the sense that they would try to deceive me. Sure enough, at check-out time, they attempted to overcharge me. Once I pointed out the mistake, they quickly rectified it.

The breakfast is included, but nothing special. The dining room is subterranean and smelly. The room was clean, but very basic, and my bathroom had a direct opening to the outside and during the night when I got up to use the bathroom, there was a *bird* inside my bathroom - nearly scared the life out of me!

There is a dearth of good midrange hotel rooms in Delhi. Try the India Habitat Centre if you can find someone with a membership.

This hotel is not up to western standards, and should be avoided if at all possible.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank AnaesDoc
Reviewed February 19, 2007

Having read a number of reviews of Delhi hotels all had some negative aspect, be it dated rooms, moody staff, poor location or poor value. The tripadvisor reviews for this hotel seemed okay so we booked this for 4 nights via internet.
Other than being an autorickshaw ride away from the centre (3-4km) and with no real restaurant alternative in the imediate vicinity we were very pleased with the hotel, the rooms were clean and well equiped with modern matching furniture, everything worked including the tv reception which was a first for India in several weeks of traveling. The hotel has a small restaurant and the food is okay and reasonably priced. Also the hotel was 500R+ cheaper than poorer sounding alternatives in Connaught Place.
Overall we were happy with the hotel, the money saved more than covered the costs of autorickshaws into town. Also Karol Bagh market area, wih indian and western restaurants, is only 10 minutes walk, as is the metro station that provides a pleasant alternative to bargaining fares with rickshaw drivers and gives direct access to Red Fort, New Delhi Station and Connaught Place.

1  Thank Jazzae