“Authentic south indian taste :D”
Review of Hotel Southern

Hotel Southern
Ranked #546 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by my taxi driver, for the breakfast as i wanted south indian food.
I ordered upma, idli vada, tea for two of us.
Taste and quality was superb. Service was quick.
Tea was costly as compared.
It was searved traditional steal mugs.
Overall good experience.
Recommended for restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014
HtlSouthern, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Southern, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a great privilege to have your goodself as our valued guest in our Hotel in March 2014. We are thankful for your review placed on Trip Advisor on our services. Your words are quite encouraging. We hope to render our services to you again and again whenever you visit New Delhi.

Warm Regards
Hotel Southern

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Upon check in I regretted this recommendation. I remained for two nights out of respect for the family friend who selected it. I question my decision. I had to request my bedding be changed due to unidentifiable stains. The room was dirty, wifi did not work. In fact they sent someone to my room to fix it. He mumbled something and walked out leaving my door open and never returning. The service in the restaurant was unfriendly and unhelpful, as well as poor quality. Lastly, the noise below my room, outside my window was disturbing, and there were NO FIRE ALARMS!

I have never left a poor review. This one is much deserved.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was stayed in this hotel during 16.03.14 to 22.03.14 wih my family. The location of the hotel is excellent and and main advantage of this hotel is local tours which are operated through Southern travels. But the rooms are very small and as far as food is concerned, just OK. I can suggest this hotel for budget families visiting especially from south.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BharatKumarKondru
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Mine was a one week trip to Delhi with family and I stayed at Hotel Southern for most of the days (One day in Jaipur as part of their package tour). I will make it short...

1. The food provided at hotels while traveling to Jaipur was of very poor quality at the same costly also. For example, we ended up paying Rs90 for a curd rice for having lunch in a very unhygienic environment.

2. The delux room was very small with badly arranged furniture and untidy bathroom.

3. On the first day of the trip we gave a Jeans for dry-cleaning as per their promise that they will return it by the evening. We got the Jeans back on time, only to find that it was badly damaged. Yes. We found it ourselves, it was not pointed out by anybody from the hotel. Naturally we wanted an answer and the laundry people directly came and mentioned that it was a mistake from their boy. But as a customer I needed an answer from the hotel, not the laundry service. I called them four to five times, the answers I got was "manager will call me", "Will settle it last day". The manager didn't call me they just didn't care.

In the third day one reception staff "assured" me this is a "simple" issue and "I had agreed to leave it behind". I could not leave the issue of loosing a Jeans worth Rs 2000 just like that. Finally when I checked again and since the manager was there he was ready to talk to us. He said "it will only be settled in the last day" and didn't explain why.

While checking out, the reception staff (who said she doesn't know anything about this) handed over Rs 800 to us with no explanation on what basis this amount was calculated. Oh wait.. she didn't forget to remind me that this amount will be cut from the laundry employee's staff. So we are the cruel customers and that laundry man is the irresponsible one who made the mistake, while the hotel and it's staffs stay shining bright as always.

Now imagine how they will respond if you loose a Rs 70,000 laptop or a high end camera from the room. Since they are treating the customers like this and never ever bothered to give a proper answer and understand the concerns of the customer and kept of running away from their responsibilities, I wouldn't put my money on them.

You the reader decide..

Room Tip: Never go for 216,217 (Don't know the quality of other delux rooms)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sprmenon
Reviewed March 15, 2014

A Cozy little hotel in Karol Bagh Delhi , stayed at this place for a day back in December 2013 while on a solo Trip to Northern India , Great little hotel with small and Cozy rooms , clean rooms and Bathrooms , highly Cooperative Staff , was served really good south Indian Breakfast here ,all south Indian food is authentic and great at this hotel . Will recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a short stay in Delhi.
There is one little down side to this hotel , i.e they have four building spread across the street ,right next to one another , you may get a room allocated in any one of these buildings, but this should not affect much unless you are huge group of people.
Also people who are looking for a great surrounding this hotel is not for you , be here only for a warm, comfortable ,clean stay and also for it's South Indian Food ;)

Room Tip: Choose Rooms in the main Hotel.They are better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed in several hotels in Delhi and this was my least favorable. Poor breakfast and service is really horrible. I stayed in different rooms (after going on packaged tours). Some rooms only have indian showers. Often no toiletpaper/soaps/towels. It's also windy and loud in the rooms. Reception staff is okay, the rest not so much, except downstairs where you can order roomservice. Wouldn't recommend it.. there are very good hotels nearby where you can go after the tour. Also had bad experiences with the travel agency Southern Travels (though the drivers/tourguids were good).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have read all the reviews and thought the hotel is not that much good, but until i checked in i came to know the hotel is awesome and the staff are quite nice. NO doubt this is the best hotel in the vicinity the staff are quite helpful and it id quite near to the Karol bagh market where you can buy the entire world. Awseome rooms and experience provided by Hotel Southern

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple