Hotel Classic
Ranked #299 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 25, 2008

This is an inexpensive hotel in a very crowded neighborhood that will probably be very foreign and confusing to most westerners. I stayed here for two nights upon arriving in India, and while the hotel itself is fine, above average value by Indian standards, I would advise staying at a Western hotel for a couple of days upon arrival to acclimate to India.

The good: rooms are clean; I though my room smelled bad, but then I realized the problem was that my window did not shut completely, and so was letting in the smell of Delhi. Furniture is acceptable, the bed is quite comfortable, and while nothing about the room is spectacular, it is acceptable, at the level of budget accommodation in the US, and I was fine paying the posted price for the room. The airport pickup was smooth. The staff dealt with me honestly, quoting me prices for cars and services that turned out to be quite reasonable and fair. I appreciate this. One desk worker made a call in Hindi for me, which was very nice. They gave me a wakeup call (2 other places I stayed at in India forgot). There was a computer with a slow Internet connection right next to my room that I used several times, without being charged. They routed several phone calls to my room for me. The bill was handled in a straightforward, efficient manner.

The bad: hot water was in and out (this was true in all of India for me), I couldn't get the cable TV to work, the driver they found for me was a dishonest shyster, as near as I could tell I was the only guest, yet there was a staff of about 10 Indians milling around the lobby at all times, which was intimidating and weird. The location, in my view, is less than ideal for a tourist, it is hard to find; at any rate, I would recommend getting a driver for the whole day and not attempting to go on foot from here. The view out my window was of a filthy courtyard, and the windows did not shut completely.

This is acceptable accommodation, and while there are nicer hotels to be had for more money, if this is what fits your budget, I think you can feel good about staying there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank deadweightloss
JITENDERhotelclassic, Owner at Hotel Classic, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hotel Classic Delhi

Reviewed April 30, 2008

Hotel has the best service you could want. They made us feel right at home, and went out of their way to supply all our needs and more. All of the staff made us feel comfortable and were very respectful. Arriving in Delhi at 10pm we got off the plane to find Madhusudan waiting for us with a welcoming smile.
We found the service and the staff a delight; they did everything to make us feel at home. They indeed provided me assistance in providing air tickets to Mumbai for tomorrow without any service charge. I recommend this hotel to everyone in my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business

Hotel Classic Delhi

Reviewed March 29, 2008

This was the one decent place we stayed in in India and it made a world of difference. Very cool place, peaceful and stylish. Good service and not that expensive though not sure how much we paid. Its not the best value for money we have had but worth spending up for.
I have now few hours to linger at Delhi Airport, so thought of posting review instead of crushing down in rush at counters.
Management owner was great help in arranging tours for us.
Market is just walking distance and location is Lively only drawback is traffic noice during day but as night crawls in all get smoothened up.
There's a computer and desk provided in the passage area and the internet connection is good. The laundry service was also good and we had no problems with anything we got back, and thought that we probably could have trusted it with more than we did.
We also hired the hotel's driver & car for a few hours for some sight-seeing around Delhi and were pleased with the service.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends

Hotel Classic New Delhi

Reviewed March 5, 2008

I am still staying in this hotel. Extreeeeemly clean :-). Loved thy are treating us. I must say I have travelled a lot in South East Asia this Season but the service, facilities and management is uncomarable to any 3* hotel anywhere. They kept person waiting at Airport even our flight was late almost 3hours and they didn't charge extra penny for such delay. We are here blessed with Free Wi Fi with compliments of management. Owner /Boss ?? is wonderful guy assisting our local trips with detailed maps- that too complimentry!!!!. Staff here is attentive to our calls and swing into action whenever required. Location is wonderfull- in busy busy market. Pollution -Key factor Govt should look into. Just two blocks away is metro station connecting to main city centre-CP.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Partner
Hotel Classic New Delhi..

Reviewed January 24, 2008

I booked this hotel for 2 nights after having seen some positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Rechecking Trip Advisor shortly before I left for Delhi I was concerned to see that subsequently a couple of very poor reviews had been posted, one of which suggested that guests had been somehow induced to write good reviews. It was therefore with some trepidation that I decided to stick with my original reservation, and in fact it was too late to cancel anyway. I am happy to report that, for me, this was an excellent choice of hotel. I thought it was full of real charm. The pre-booked transfer from the airport could not have been smoother, especially given that my flight was over 2 hours late arriving. Most of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I really liked the room I was given. In fact I simply cannot understand why the poor reviews were posted. Were they really staying at the same hotel? Can the other rooms really be so different in terms of cleanliness?, this would seem highly unlikely to me. Maybe the hotel has simply got its act together following the unfavourable reviews. My room was extremely clean, cosy, quiet and had everything one might need (television, fridge, telephone, writing desk, comfy chairs, extremely comfy bed). The furniture may not have been very new, but it was fine. The bathroom was also extremely clean, nothing flashy but perfectly adequate. There was also a nice roof terrace for sitting out - with the addition of some chairs and plants this could be an extremely pleasant place to lounge around for a while. Breakfast served in room also worked well. I would definitely stay here again. If you do decide to stay at this hotel, or indeed any other hotel in Karol Bagh, check out the nearby Ajmal Khan Park to see the local population enjoying all this small park has to offer.

Stayed: January 2008
JITENDERhotelclassic, Owner at Hotel Classic, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2008

Thank you very much for so encouraging comments. This has boost our whole managements to provide more personalized services to our forthcomming clients to get similar compliments. We here believes client as our god and take care fore their every small needs. We will be looking forward to host you again in our hotel on your next visit to New Delhi.

Reviewed January 12, 2008

ideally located,excellent service ,warm staff and i always make my customers stay there and all appreciate the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
JITENDERhotelclassic, Owner at Hotel Classic, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2008

Dear Sir,
Thank you for Comments about our hotel. At Hotel Classic we always try to provide our clients best services possible. We are very thankful to you for giving us a chance to host your guests in our hotel during their Delhi Stay. We look forward to host your guest during their future visit to New Delhi. I personally looked after the comfort and quality of services provided.
Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2008

I chose this hotel after reading a few comments here. They were mostly right. This hotel is really OK nothing exciting but clean and the stuff was very friendly and helpful. It is situated right in the centre, which is good as well.

It is a bit old-fashioned and you have a feeling that it looked good in 80's but it is a decent average hotel. No dining hall tho so you have to make sure you ask for your breakfast to delivered to your room!

N.F., London

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aeon_Flux2
rajchad, Owner at Hotel Classic, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2008

Respected Sir,
Thank you for comments for our Hotel.
We welcome your Comments and Suggestionos. We here keep trying to improve our services and facilities by recieving your comments and sugesstions.
We are putting up a resuturants for inhouse clients in our hotel in comming summers. I promise to provide you best services and facilities in future.
I hope you will give us again to serve you during your next Delhi Trip.
Thanking you,