“Do not stay”
Review of Maya's Nest

and 1 more site!
Maya's Nest
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place should be called Maya's Dungeon. You are made to eat whatever they make for breakfast and if you don't, you get loads of attitude. The toilet shower is a sham. The toiletries kept are all used and you are expected to use them. The owner is not a true Indian as she discriminates between an Indian and a foreigner. Maybe because we Indians speak our minds. If you want a lecture early morning on how to lead your life then this is the place to be. No etiquette on treating a customer. No politeness. No choice given / even asked what you would like to eat. No manners in dealing with a guests. Being been an avid traveller this is the worst experience I have had so far.
Please do search for better places but dont stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank sangrish24

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed with Asha and Maya at the beginning and end of my travels in India and on both occasions they were very welcoming and created a lovely comfortable space to rest in what can be a city that can be pretty frantic. The ladies were friendly and it was nice swapping a few story with some travellers over breakfast. I hope to stay sometime again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed in Delhi for 2 nights with Asha and her daughter Maya in February 2014. Before I arrived Asaha had arranged onward train travel for me which made it so much easier. I loved chatting to both of them over endless chai and Asha is a wealth of information about Delhi and India in general. The homestay is situated about 20 minutes to the centre via Metro which is easily reached by auto rickshaw. There is a huge modern shopping complex 10 minutes walk away if you wish to shop for all the brands and also restaurants/cafes etc.
After the madness of Central Delhi on day one Asha and Maya took me on a wonderful excursion to a local market where I bought 2 beautiful woollen shawls...250 rupees each....Maya's artwork is hanging everywhere and hopefully she will try some abstract as well.....I met other like minded travellers who were after the local experience and we had a fabulous time........this is a true home stay and although the space is not large there is ample room for everyone to enjoy - and the experience will leave you feeling enriched........Asha and Maya....you are the 'Jewels of Delhi'

Room Tip: All the rooms I looked at were very clean and good size
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Clean enviroment,good service and the best Asha and Maya.
You will get good travel and restrant advicement here too.
Maya makes wonderful breakfest and milk tea.
All of this make you feel like your home.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed with Asha and her daughter Maya for just under in week in early January 2014 and I had the best time. Not only did I get to know the wonderful pair the run it but I got to meet new people everyday. It is a very comfortable place to stay and is away for the hussle and bussle that Delhi is known for. Asha is one of the most helpful people you will ever meet and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Delhi. If you tell her where you want to go she will tell you exactly how to get there and where you can stop for lunch. She was also super generous and helped me out by booking all my train tickets.

It's located in a really quite, almost suburban area, so there are no restaurants but there are three very large malls a five minutes walk away with pretty descent food courts and some American chain restaurants or you can order food to the house.

I am 19 year old girl traveling alone and it was such a nice place to stay for as it is far away from learing men.

I seriously enjoyed staying here and I am already planning to come back and see my new Indian family!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here from 29th January 2014 to 8th February, with my 2 friends. One from US and the other from Kerala, two of us are doctors UK and US, and one dentist from Kerala.We are all old medical school mates and we were travelling together, seeing places keeping our base as Delhi.Maya's nest was most ideal being close to Delhi airport about 30 min in peak time. This is run by a mother and her daughter, Asha and her daughter Maya. Asha was a travel agent but now runs this home stay. This arguably the best home stay one could get anywhere on the planet. Asha arranged all our accommodation, train tickets to Agra, Jaipur to Udaipur, hotel accommodations/ home stay's etc, without her help we would not have been able to do our visits to Khajuraho, Jaipur, Bodh Gaya etc. She also took us to the best restaurants, the Delhi Art Show all at her expense. She arranged our pick up from rail and air arrivals that made life easy.Have no doubt this is the place you want to stay in Delhi not the expensive joints.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms, if you are a couple then opt for the 2 rooms that has on suite facility
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have been in maya's nest for nine days and we felt like at home. Asha and her daughter Maya have been very helpful with everything: they gave us all the information and the facilities we needed during our staying in Delhi.
The rooms and the house are very clean and their food is very nice. The location is very peaceful, perfect for sleeping well. Furthermore Vasant kunj is a very safe place.
Once there you wouldn't go away.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple