“wonderful stay at Maya's Nest”
Review of Maya's Nest

Maya's Nest
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and my in-laws had booked at Maya's Nest a couple of months back solely based on the reviews written by all. I wish to thank all of them for writing honestly and what was written was the truth. Just days before our journey, Maya was always available and contacting us regarding our schedule. What you can expect from Maya Nest is as follows:

She owns a flat where two rooms were provided to us. The rooms were spacious with attached toilet and air conditioned. If there are other rooms then there could be other guest in those rooms. There is a caretaker as well who will help you in getting you coffee or water as you wish. The place is quite safe and for the rent you pay, you also get breakfast for free. Although the menu for breakfast is limited. The second best thing was we were 4 Adults and one child of 11 years old and Maya agreed to let us stay in two rooms whereas in hotels we will be forced to take three rooms. Maya diligently also arranges your transport and also tells you how much you need to pay the driver so you do not have to worry about transportation. Overall we stayed for 4 days and we were well take care off. I strongly recommend others to stay at Maya's nest. The only minor issue is please advise her your arrival time as check in is at 12 noon. If your arrival is early please book one day in advance as the existing guest would have occupied the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheruthon N

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Maya and Asha were wonderful and generous hosts making our arrival in India easy and comfortable. For sure their guest house is very clean and tidy. It's also conveniently close to the airport and bus connections to get into town. Asha really went out of her way to explain things and help us out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are going to India and starting your journey in Delhi, I warmly recommend to stay at Maya`s nest. The rooms are cosy and clean, Maya and Asha are the perfect hosts. The food is good. They are very nice,friendly and warm persons.
The house is situated near the bus station near the new mall and you can easily get to the metro.
I stayed there this spring (2013) and Asha and Maya supported me with all the information I needed to fulfill my trip through India. Asha has a great knowledge about indian culture, religion and politics, and I had some very interesting and enlightening talks with her.
I was also impressed by the paintings made by Maya. I really enjoyed staying at Maya´s Nest, and I learned a lot.

Room Tip: At Maya´s Nest you can choose any room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a perfeect and wonderful stay there and I really recommend if you are looking for a guest house.
The area is really quiet, safe, close to the airport and close to the downtown.
The flat is well decorated, clean and peaceful. Rooms as well...
Asha and Maya are really nice and helpful.
In some words, one of the best choice to have a rest, visit New Delhi and begin an incredible Indian trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed with Asha and Maya for one night recently before leaving India. It was near the airport which was the main reason I chose it, but I would recommend staying there for many other reasons! The food was great, the apartment was really comfortable and cosy, and my favourite thing was the absolutely stunning paintings that adorn the walls, all Maya's own work. She is an incredible talent, waiting to be discovered I think! Asha will give you any help and travel advice you might need for Delhi. I met some other lovely guests there, and we also got to meet their lovely neighbours from downstairs. It was a lovely homely slice of India. I hope to return to India before long and will definitely stay at Maya's Nest again. Thanks ladies! xx

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Maya's nest is a special place. It is a perfect little introduction to Delhi. It is great if you are just passing through Delhi (as it is close to the airport) and is also perfect for a longer term stay. It is slightly removed from the intense hustle and bustle of Delhi so is perfect for those who might be concerned about crowded Delhi.
Maya and Asha the wonderful owners of this bed and breakfast make sure you feel right at home, they cook a delightful breakfast, keep a very tidy home, and can tell you everything you need to know about Delhi and India. I often spent hours sitting at the breakfast table with Asha talking about India: religion, politics, bollywood, customs, food! Asha and Maya have a wealth of fascinating stories and knowledge of India. You get a real sense of the REAL India from these two! I learnt so much from them!
I moved to India to undertake and internship and was fortunate enough to stay at Maya's Nest. What started as a 1 week stay until I finalised a more permanent living arrangement turned into a 5 month stay!! Maya's Nest is now my India home and Ash and Maya are my India family. I have made two friends forever.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Maya's Nest is a safe homely apartment in Delhi, close to the airport (I paid 250 Rps in a taxi) and walking distance to the new malls. Maya and Asha are attentive hosts and more than willing to help with any travel arrangements and suggestions on what to do in Delhi and India in general. Breakfast was fantastic and the many cups of tea throughout the day much appreciated. I had dinner with them a few times and would recommend their home cooked meals. Thanks Maya & Asha!

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit more for the ensuites. Leave the window closed and door to the bathroom closed t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo