“Feeling at home in Delhi”
Review of Maya's Nest

Maya's Nest
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I truly recommand the Mayas Nest and the darling women who run this place. Asha, and her daughter Maya, are caring personnes who want you to feel at home and comfortable.
The rooms are very nice and absolutely clean, the breakfast is plenty and they do not hesitate to go out of their way to help you. It is located in south Delhi in a quiet area, which is of great importance in this city ! The location was perfect for me who attended to a conference at JNU. After a week there, I felt I had found new friends.

En français pour les francophones : accueil super dans l'appartement de Asha et sa fille Maya, les 3 chambres sont d'une grande propreté avec la salle de bain privée pour 2 des chambres. On se sent comme à la maison, le petit déjeuner est copieux et bon, et on y trouve toute l'aide nécessaire pour faciliter le séjour. Allez y, vous en serez ravis !! Autre point important pour Delhi : le coin est calme et bien situé à Delhi Sud pour l'Université de JNU.

Room Tip: Two rooms have a private bathroom and the third has it just next door. All are very comfortable, cle...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I spent a wonderful week at Maya's Nest with my family. It truly felt like home. Asha and Maya were always really nice and helpful. Even when my mother got a little bit sick, they did not hesitate to offer their help and kept asking about how she was feeling.
The rooms were perfectly clean and cosy It was our first trip to India, so we were a little concerned about the accommodations, but we couldn't have asked for more. All we could say is: many thanks for everything!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Away from the hustle and bustle of central Delhi, a homely environment with an excellent hostess. A B&B with the option of Indian lunch and dinner on request.

Ideally located; 1km away from some of Delhi's most interesting malls and 20-30 minutes from the Airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights here. Asha and Maya were excellent hosts.. They made sure that every guest was comfortable. This was my first stay in a B&B and it was extremely good.. The bed, bathroom everything was very clean and well maintained.. I will definitely return when I come to Delhi..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a very comfortable and pleasant stay at Maya's nest for 4 days in October 2012.
Enjoyed the freshly cooked breakfasts and clean comfortable airconditioned room with attached bath. Maya and Asha are friendly and helpful. If we visit Delhi again, we will surely stay at Maya's nest.

Room Tip: Smokers can request for the room with attached balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked a room with Maya's nest two month ago. During the two months, I have obtained a copy of their letter confirming my stay with them.
Then, 10 days before my trip, I got an email saying that nobody will be there and since I am only staying there for one night.
I was baffled. I ahve travelled 30-40 countries, I never experienced something like this, nothing even close.
First, they don't think their hotel function like business. They can just open and close as they please. If they cannot operate their place as hotel, why open it? Why put travellers in this situation? If they don't have any credibility, why do the hotel business? Just shut it down. Do they care how people's traveling plan could be affected by their irresponsibility?
Later they told me that they will have a wedding that night. 10 days before I was suppose to arrive? They only knew this 10 days bfore the wedding? They told me since I only sleep there and there is no staff, so the booking means nothing. In a way, I am glad that I didn't end up going to their apartment and find out "oops, nobody is there!"
So if you don't want your travel plan to be screwed, don't book with them. This kind of people without credibility don't deserve any guest!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank curious101
roymaya, Owner at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

First of all you used our facilities for obtaining your Visa for India, so how could we refuse you to stay with us?

Ten days before your arrival we kept asking for your flight arrival details so that we could arrange your pick up and make sure you were comfortable, but you did not provide us and we do not want to influence you to insist to use a pick up service.

Most often when guests arrive for the first time and use the pre-paid taxi – they are never brought here, ( a lot of manipulation at the airport) more so when they have not pre-paid for the stay (as was in your case).

Since the guests are not committed when they have not pre-paid they let go and believe the driver and go and stay elsewhere, cheaper!!

You were arriving late at night – no where in the world do you have full staff at that late hour and no specific services are required?

Although we are always there any hour of the day or night and conscious of this told you 10 days prior that we personally would not be available but the driver would have you settle in comfortably and come back to pick you for your drop back very early in the morning.
So no question of "oops, nobody is there!"

That is why we gave you the option to stay at our other unit within the same complex – and you could arrive using a pre-paid taxi and be met on arrival.

We had other guests already staying in – so it’s not that we had closed as assumed by your good self!

You have also booked a room with us for the 12th October come and stay with us and see for your self!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I spent only one short night at Maya's Nest, on a personal recommendation, but it was unforgettable. Met at the airport, I was welcomed like a friend. My room had air conditioning, thank goodness. Asha took me shopping in her car, cooked and made me feel at home in the main flat. There is wifi but you have to ask for it. The furnishings and paintings were lovely and and it was a very nice place for a brief stay although maybe it is rather far from transport and other main areas of New Delhi if you were staying longer, but it is close to the airport. Definitely recommended if you want somewhere friendly and a little unusual. I look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo