Review Highlights
Fabulous Trekking Company!

I trekked with Kamzang Journeys in the Indian Himalays--Ladakh and Zanskar--for two months this... read more

Reviewed September 23, 2018
Jasmine S
Fabulous trekking in a fabulous region

Sally L
Richmond, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around New Delhi
from $29.00
from $110.00
from $424.00
from $134.00
More Info
All reviews dining tent individual tents high passes trekking company ladakh crew horses himalayas horseman route leader wild safety indian
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2018

I love Ladakh and came here first in 1981 (trekking from Manali to Leh). I've been back six times (now) since and all of the six have been with Kim Bannister and Kamzang Journeys. She and her crew find superb remote routes (and avoid the ever increasing road network); their attention to the comfort of the well being of the customers is second to none. There is no single supplement it is assumed you'll have your own (large) tent which makes daily routine so much easier and more enjoyable with plenty of room to have your kit in your tent. The dining tent is erected as soon as you are in camp and provides tea/coffee biscuits and a nice place to sit in between meals. Trekking in Ladakh in June - September is 'summer' so the days are quite long (light by 5.30 a.m. and not dark until 7.30 p.m. in July) so having had a day's walking you get into camp with plenty of daylight left and you can wash yourself and any clothes and both will dry. It also provides time to relax in the sun. The weather is lovely; hot days (shirtsleeves) and cool nights are perfect for sleeping. Very little in the way of biting insects! Kim's cooks are super and the menus great with lots of fresh vegetables and fresh fruit (and she arranges for a mid trek re-supply of these). Breakfasts are varied ... porridge, eggs (of your choice), and a daily 'baked product'. Superb ahead of a day's walking. Hygiene standards are super ... I've never had an upset stomach on trek with Kim ... an excellent first aid kit is carried for any needs that may arise. Can't recommend them enough ... they're a happy team (and it's the same crew year after year). One of the last great wilderness regions of the world and one of the few trekking destinations where the optimum time to go is during the European summer holidays!

Date of experience: July 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Kim B, Owner at Kamzang Journeys, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Thanks so much for the wonderful + detailed review, Sally! Can't wait to see you this Spring i

Reviewed September 20, 2018

I have just returned from 2 months trekking in the Ladakh-Zanskar region in India with Kim and her excellent team. This was my 7th trek with Kim and i would have to say they get better each year. Kamzang never disappoints. From the very high standard, variety and amount of food, to the spacious 3 man tents (for each individual), to the safety and care shown by her staff and to the unique dining tent that all other groups envy. If you are looking for a remote, interesting trek in Asia I would highly recommend Kamzang. There has to be a reason everyone comes back.

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Kim B, Owner at Kamzang Journeys, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! Two months wasn't nearly long enough! Waiting to see what's next! (-:

Reviewed August 14, 2018

I have been on several treks with Kim & Lhakpa. Whilst I can not say enough about the treks, to me there is one thing that will forever standout.

Last year on a Ladakh and Zanaskar trek, four weeks in I had a major medical issue and collapsed. I was semi conscious and went into hypothermia. Kim jumped into action immediately attending to me and quickly wrapped me in several sleeping bags and also supported me on her body and comforted me.

There also was a doctor on the trek and he assisted Kim to assess my condition and action to take. I was placed inside a tent and given steroids to prevent what appeared to be an onset of altitude sickness. They also got me to consume over four litres of fluids to help with my major dehydration. They assessed I need to be evacuated, but there were no helicopters available. So Lhakpa organised a horse for me to ride so I could be evacuated.

After two days on horseback, and crossing passes and challenging terrain we reached a roadhead. Kim and Lhakpa organised for a vehicle to take me on a six hour road journey to Leh. I received some initial medical assistance and then evacuated back to hospital in Singapore.

In Singapore I was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, an autoimmune condition that paralysis the body from the feet up. I ended up having muscle paralysis of my lower body and bladder, and lesser issues on my upper body. This condition is potentially life threatening.

The point of this extended tale is that if Kim and Lhakpa and not used their extensive training and experience to initially stabilise my condition, and then evacuated, I might not have been able to tell this tale.

So I cannot express strongly that when you select Kamzang Journeys for your treks you are getting the best equipped, best run, unforgettable experiences and people who will go to extraordinary lengths to protect and support you.

Love you so much Kim and Lhakpa

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Fantastic experience and best company I have trekked with. You will especially love the dining tent.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Once again I carefully chose Kamzang for my exotic, indulgent trip to Bhutan. All praise to Kim and
Lhakpa for making sure this was the best possible trip for our money, A trek in a very expensive/ exclusive part of the Himalayas.
It was tough, it was amazing and it was the best thing I have ever done.
Kim and Lhakpa spun their special magic to make this trek amazing...the Bhutanese guide Tse Tse made sure we had a good run down of what to expect each day.
Our tough trek, mud, rain, snow was everything we expected, however our time in camp, our food and our morale was always boosted by Kim and Lhakpa on even the toughest of days....and this is what we all signed up for....you cannot do the snowman and think it will be easy.
I am so glad I did this trek with Kamzang. I would do the toughest trek with Kamzang anywhere in the world. You will always get safety, dedication and genuine concern from these guys, they will ultimately help you reach your potential, and you will become friends for life. They will help you go forward with your trekking goals. Thanks guys.
I will book again can't wait.

Date of experience: September 2016