“excellent place to acclimatise to India”

and 1 more site!
Delhi Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 1,146 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a great spot for first time visitors as we were. Rooms were clean and comfortable, Lubna and Pervez are very helpful and the breakfast was outstanding.The location is an up market suburb with few if no other tourists-so you don't get accosted by hawkers as soon as you step out as you might at other popular destinations. Not a huge range of places to eat at -just a low key shopping centre a 10 minutes walk away but very adequate. Pervez organised us a driver who took us for a tour of Delhi.I would recommend this B& B all travellers and also solo women travellers would feel very safe

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was fortunate to spend the last night of my month-long vacation in India at Delhi B&B; it was a peaceful evening after all the wonderful craziness of India, before beginning my long journey home. Lubna welcomed me with delicious chai and cookies to their lovely home and offered a great suggestion for dinner, with a map to get there too. I also greatly enjoyed my conversations with Pervez when I arrived and the next morning at breakfast (which was yummy and very filling).

Pervez and Lubna have a beautiful home home in a gorgeous and quiet neighborhood where I felt completely comfortable walking alone. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and with the most comfortable bed I experienced in India. Staying in someone's home is a special experience...I would absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I can only say it was a wonderful experience to stay with Lubna and Pervez. They made our stay so easy to start our Indian adventure. We were given helpful information, wonderful breakfasts and a warm welcome. The decor was colourful and warm, and the house beautifully decorated Indian style. Loved the beds and linen...Loved the swing seat and conversations with Pervez whilst waiting for the driver which he had arranged who I might add was well worth every rupee and was always on time. The area was lovely and quiet . Only wish I had more time with the family to have more discussions about a diverse India and many other interesting subjects. The rooftop garden was a place to chill out and meet other guests or just watch Indian life at its best with a view from the terrace.The neighbourhood also had a lovely walking area with a park to ponder. On our morning walks we met many locals who had a walking regime with their friends. We of course tagged along and had the opportunity to chat about India and the sights we were to see. They invited conversation and I loved meeting local Indians that were well travelled with local knowledge. Will definately return!!! :)

Room Tip: Think the top rooms would be great!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This home stay was in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood that is centrally located in Delhi. The host, Lubna and Pervez, were very helpful with arranging transport and interesting itineraries. The terraces are lovely with beautiful plants and comfortable seating. The rooms are exquisitely decorated with lots of amenities. The home has an eclectic collection of Indian art. The afternoon tea and cookies is an added bonus. Lubna's cooking class is marvelous. We made 4 different dishes in a short time and I was able to retain most of her instruction to cook several dishes for my family at home.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a lively terrace and are very private.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

A beautiful guest house set on a quiet backstreet in an accessible upscale neighborhood that makes for a perfect point of transition upon arrival in India or a gentile respite from the chaos of your travels. Impeccably run and especially clean for India. The rooftop room was where I stayed and enjoyed private morning time before my tea on the roof.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Danelawing
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My second stay, I wouldn't think to go anywhere in Delhi.
Comfortable, clean, picturesque house, great food, but best of all --Pervez and Lubna
are always generous with their knowledge in helping with itineraries in and around Delhi.
And after a busy day there is a cup of tea and great conversation.
Who could ask for more?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2012

After three weeks travelling in India I returned to Delhi looking for a homestay experience, Lubna and Sheikh made me feel very at home and welcome in ther lovely home. Its a great central spot and easy to get around Delhi from there as well as local shops and resturants. I would highly reccomend staying with this lovely family

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo