“Good for a stay of 1-2 days, staff is cooperative, maintenance can be improved”
Review of Hotel Rupam

Hotel Rupam
Ranked #135 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Based on several reviews read on TripAdvisor, I chose to stay in Hotel Rupam, New Delhi - primarily for two reasons - first - close to metro station / market and second - budget. The staff greeted well and provided complementary Biselri water bottles. We had booked our stay for 2 nights with complementary breakfast included in the package.

The second day the hotel had arranged for a cab for Delhi site seeing. The cab service was good. The quality of breakfast was good. Quality of food is average.

The problem we faced at night was that the room was not well insulated as there were gaps in aluminium frames and could not prevent cold from entering the room even with the presence of curtains. The management should have taken care of this maintenance.

The room heaters were non functional and had to be replaced twice during our stay.The staff provided prompt service to replace the non-functional heaters.

Overall an average experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Deepak2012, General Manager at Hotel Rupam, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Milind,
Thanks for your views about our hotel and it is good that you like our services. As far as your feedback about the insulation of our rooms and heaters, we are extremely sorry for that, we have already done the insulation in the rooms facing front side from where the wind is getting in and also we have replace the old Heaters with the new one. Thank you once again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and was pretty much comfortable stay overall, apart from some shifting noise from terrace during night-might be b'coz of restaurant upstairs. Manager asked me to shift room down stairs after couple of days but my wife prefered to stay in the same room for our next 3 days. Normal check out time is 12PM but our train was at 7.55pm, so I asked an extended stay till 6.30pm but I was charged half day room rent for overstaying for 6 hrs, even though I think there were other rooms available. I think this should not have been charged considering we stayed there for 5 nights. This is where they lacked in building relationship. And ONLY for this particular reason I would not stay in this hotel in my next trip to delhi nor recommend my friends/family - this is my personal opinion on this matter. Apart from this, I would still say that Manager (Mr. Dipak) and owner are always there to help your needs. So, anybody checking out on time will have great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Ashish P
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great room service, Very helpful staff, food is great, owner very friendly n kind, name your problem and they will solve it. I checked out at 3 am, and complimentary breakfast(continental Hihi) was offered to us. There is always a doorman. Remember the room service Guy? Lol. Reception ppl speak good English. Great Job for choosing this nice place, I'm so proud, u my Princess.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guests,
Thanks for the wonderful views about our hotel and have a great married life ahead.

Regards

Reviewed December 27, 2012

i booked this hotel after my younger brother recommended me.. from the Cab Driver ( Hotels cab service ) who picked me from the airport to the service boy, all were very humble. Reaching hotel very early in the morning at 3.40 A.M, the reception manager was super quick to complete my check in procedure and was given with the welcome letter giving all the details.
Next day i met Mr. Deepak the Gm and Mr. Gurjit Singh the owner.. they were very friendly assisted me to plan the city tour.Everything was just superb, from the cleanliness of the rooms to the delicious breakfast and dinner i had there.Thanks to Hotel Rupam

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2012

last week, during my office tour at delhi, we stayed in this hotel with my colleague.. really i have no word for explain about this hotel.. everything was perfect with pre planned.. especially, i was very impressed with hotel owner Mr. Manik ji.. we cant imagine, this person is briliant management skill with wonderful nature. during breakfast time, they serve to us by himself. and big thanks to Mr. Deepak, he is good person and excelent manager where great team member like Mr. Manish.

Room Tip: Every thing is perfect..no tips.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pankaj_55
Deepak2012, General Manager at Hotel Rupam, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Pankaj,

Thanks for the wonderful experience in our hotel and we were obliged with your excellent views about our hospitality. You were the amazing guests and we will remember you always. Hope you have a great life and future ahead. Thanks,

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel was by far the best we stayed in, in the whole of india. For a start the rooms are very nice. modern decor and cleanliness gives you a feel of home. Best of all the staff are just wonderful, they would seriously help you out with anything you could possibly, and as we stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions we became good friends with all the staff. They are just so helpful. The location is awesome, it is just a one minute walk from the bustling Channa market in New Delhi. In all a great hotel.

2  Thank Genevieve D

Dear Mrs. Byrnes, Thank you very much for having you as our guests, you and your daughter were amazing guests we have ever met. Your kind gesture and your help in decorating the XMAs tree in our hotel was wonderful experience. You came here as a guest but departed as a family member. We will always remember you. Hope to have a wonderful life ahead. Thank you once again..

Reviewed December 20, 2012

din try to hyd nything, and sure follows the concept of service with a smyl.
the staff defnitly knows how to keep the guests happy. breakfast buffet was "OK" but that OK was made to "GUD" by the hospitality.
everything was clean and comfy.
and for the 4 days i stayed ol 3 days i had to request for house keepin/change the towels & toilet paper... since i lyk my room to b a bit untydy and my way i din mind the house keeping issue ...
and on last day they did arrange a comlementry air port drop off too for which i din hav to bugg them nor they din bugg me by giving any excusese...
overol m happy.... nd no regrets....
:) :)
wud suggest any1 not luking for wu wants a hastle free stay...
i now hav a bonding with room no 104 :)

PS: even thoug the fud was a bit costly compared to wt u get outsyd the room service bill had only the things i ordered nd nothing extra...
...was happy to c dat dey din wanna loot me on dat
and the room service request even at 3.30 in d morning was serverd on tym and with a smyl
:) :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dont_tell_my_mom

Dear Guests,
We read your review with interests, and thanks for the suggestion and feedback. We will definitely take care of this in future. Thanks.