“great hollidays while working”
Review of Hotel Alka Classic

Hotel Alka Classic
Ranked #288 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, null, Singapore
“great hollidays while working”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

it was a great fun of my lifetime while working i was on bussiness travel but i enjoy like i am on hollidays it was great fun to fly with jet airways n staying in a great hotel where the staff is so coperative specialy Mr.Parinay Parti thanks dear .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank aseemsoni
ZaferHasaan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Alka Classic, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Mr. Soni,

Greetings from Alka Hotel New Delhi :) :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back again in future.

Thanks & Regards
Zafer Hassan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 7, 2014

For this place we had paid an extremely high price which we consider was way too much what this place deserved. The place was not at all clean and the service was terrible. At the price paid for this hotel we would very well have stayed in a good star hotel. This was the worst hotel of all our India Trip. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank sabinebenmaniar

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am NOT impressed by this hotel's treatment. I arrived in Delhi around noon only to be told that the room I had reserved months ago (that they had the confirmation number for) had been given away to someone else and that I would have to find a different place to stay. I am a female traveling in Delhi with out a working phone so this was terrible news. I went to a travel agent and the travel agent happen to know the GM of this hotel so after a short phone call magically my room was available again and I could go check in. I stayed at this hotel 3 nights and not once did my room get cleaned or my towels replaced even when I hung the "please clean my room sign" on my door. Also on the second to last day I asked the hotel for a complimentary taxi to the airport in lieu of my check in hassle which they said would be arranged. At 11pm that night I got a call saying that the taxi would actually be 850 INR. I do not understand what this hotel gets out of lying to its guests but I wish I did not stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Northmeadow
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I arrived at the Hotel Alka after having traveled for 25 hours, at 3:30 AM New Delhi time. We came to the hotel and entered the room. I have a standard check I do from staying in hostels around the world of checking for bed bugs; I pull back the covers and look for red spots which indicates bed bugs biting someones back. I've never actually seen red spots, I just do the check out of habit. The mattress at the Hotel Alka was _covered_ in red spots. A few moments later my wife actually caught a bed bug crawling around on the pillow.

The room itself smelled, the sheets and blankets were pretty heavily soiled, and there was grease covering most of the room. I'm a pretty hardy traveler, having been around the world staying in low-end hostels, so don't mind a smelly or dirty room, but bed bugs are a game changer. They can get in your gear and clothes for weeks or months and ruin your trip (and your home when you return), and can give diseases like Hepatitis.

My wife and I decided to find another hotel at 3:30 AM in New Delhi. We went to the front desk and the manager tried to show us another "nicer" room; that room too had red bed bug spots and heavily soiled linens. Even after all of this he tried to make us financially responsible for the four nights we had booked there; he should have been ashamed. To get out of the situation I just offered to pay for one night, even though we had just been there for about thirty minutes. I shouldn't have had to pay for anything. He kept haranguing me for the extra nights of pay until I simply walked out.

Run far, far away from this place, even if you're trying to save money. A cheap hotel isn't worth a ruined vacation (or your health).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Overpriced considering the room size. Mine was a cramped, badly maintained and windowless box. Even the wall to wall mirrors failed to give an impression of space. The 'mini bar' contained a single bottle of water and the bathroom was dirty and the water cold in the morning. But the basement vegetarian restaurant was very good especially the Maharajah's feast but the breakfast (included and served on the first floor) was a poor selection of omelette or toast (and didn't open until 0800). There is also an average upstairs bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Clivedubai
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed in the hotel on a recent business trip to Delhi. I have to say that as a whole my stay was most enjoyable from start to finish. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.
Was a little optimistic about the food more so than the accommodation before leaving for India. The food in the hotel was by far the best out of all the places we ate in during our time in Delhi and the hotel put to rest any fears that I had regarding the food.
Great staff, very friendly, good English and always on hand to assist. Would definitely recommended this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John_V252013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Good location, warm welcome, proffetional staff and services received. Close to all ammenities like shops metro and restaurent. Was suprised with the level expertise and assistance the manager provided to me as im not from india. Would definatly recommend this hotel friends and family back in the UK to stay in during there visit to delhi. I have noticed all other reviews and just have to say that As a NRI from the UK, my experience was totally the opposite, and have to say I had the luxary of a 5 star service.

Mr. Anoop P

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Anoop P
Dear Mr. Anoop,

Greetings from Alka Hotel New Delhi :) :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel.

Thanks & Regards