1,334 results
All reviews train station rooftop restaurant arakashan road airport pickup connaught place travel desk rooms are clean main bazaar hot water tuk tuk mini bar budget hotel buffet breakfast coffee shop hotel staff comfortable stay driver
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last April. The room was very comfortable and clean. The location of the hotel was terrific for walking and shopping. The hotel manager organised our 10 day tour of Rajasthan by taxi. We discussed where we wanted to go, what we wanted to see and he helped us plan a trip to suit our budget. The hotels were good, some with swimming pools which I particularly enjoyed after a busy day's sightseeing. They were centrally located to allow us to stroll in the evenings and eat in local restaurants if we wished. The hotel breakfasts were of good quality and all the staff were courteous. We stayed at the grand Godwin again on our return.We have such fond memories of this experience, we would love to repeat the experience again soon.

Room tip: A room without a window is quieter
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest
We are very grateful for such amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for having taken the time to share them through Trip Advisor and recommending us highly.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and to read that you had one of the most comfortable stays.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

It was clean. It had a continental style breakfast included in the price. It felt like a good value for the price. We were also able to book tours and taxis from the hotel. It was in a little bit of a rough area, and kind of hard to find.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed in room no 405 which was a very good room. Excellent hotel, restaurant very good, rooms very clean, hot shower, excellent help at the front desk by Mr Asif Hussain and the General Manager, Mr. Amar. Staff was attentive. Thank you.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia B

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very clean and modern hotel, better than its neighbouring properties. Great shower and modern lighting system in room. Airport pickup went without a hitch but note that it's not entirely 'complimentary' because a 160rs parking charge is payable to driver. Have booked again for our final night in Delhi

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Guest

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back, soon.

regards

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have travelled world over and stayed in multiple facilities and this has been by far my worst experience. The Hotel service is pathetic. The hotel staff is indifferent and rude. It started the day we landed at railway station when we had to wait for the cab driver who apparently was busy finishing his 'chai'. Once we landed at hotel (8am) the receptionist has no clue of our arrival in spite of multiple correspondence done earlier. Rather than welcoming tired guests he shows me the check in board and informs me that its 12 noon. Adding further if I wanted to check in now I pay extra for that. Well once I expressed my disappointment he reluctantly provided me one room. Then when we enter the room further anger sets in. The room was barely enough to walk and we family of four had to stay in that for next three days. A mattress was provided on floor to accommodate one of my kids. Bed sheet had many dirty spots on it. When I asked the housekeeping staff to change, he said it was cleaned today and he did not have another one. Wow! A hotel does not have an extra bed sheet. The same day when we moved out the hotel for some shopping, the bell boy ran after me and asked where I was going and if I had paid and checked out! Such humiliation! Each day I had to call the housekeeping to clean the room. The excuse was always that everyone is busy cleaning the rooms where guests had checked out. This in the evening! Only aspect good was the breakfast spread and location is accessible from station. My advice is to avoid this hotel. There are far better hotels at much lower cost and most importantly provide far better service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family