1,305 results
All reviewstrain stationarakashan roadairport pickupconnaught placetravel desksister hotelrooms are cleanmain bazaarnorthern indiatuk tukmini barhotel restaurantbudget hotelhot waterbuffet breakfasttravel agenthotel staff
Reviewed February 7, 2012

When I get into the hotel I am being surprised by just how nice and modern everything is. Not "for india" but just in general, its nice. Little water on your way in during check in, free wifi wen I go down and ask for it at the front desk and the staff is as nice as you might expect in india. The showers are amazing, the rooms are very clean and trendy. No safes in the rooms but after leaving out a tip for the room service and still finding it on the table when I returned that evening, I'm pretty comfortable saying the staff is trustworthy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Timothy8863
Reviewed February 2, 2012

No complaints about this hotel, once we got used to the fact that in India most hotel showers cover the whole room so everything gets wet. It was cold in Delhi, and we had heat. The lobby area and grand staircase were lovely, and the breakfasts on the rooftop were fine. Staff was polite and helpful, even constantly helping me with uncooperative wifi that came and went (mostly went) unpredictably.

Location, once you get used to the chaos and dirt of Delhi streets was fine, a 10-minute or so walk to New Delhi train station and a bit removed from the backpacker and market area of Pahargangh, but close enough to walk to the cafes and shops there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linnea H
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed at Grand Godwin from July 1st to 5th. I found the hotel on LP, which I trusted the most. The hotel's location is good: not far from the train station and metro station, even though the neighborhood is notorious, I simply avoided going out after 9PM. HOWEVER, the staff really pissed me off. When I checked in, nobody told me that the check-out time is 7AM, so I thought I could check out around 12PM on the 5th and head to the airport. On the fifth, the reception called me at 11AM and told me that I needed to check out now. I thought "ok, it's almost 12, so fair enough...," however, when I was at the front desk, the manager asked me to pay for the half day price, saying that I stayed for 4 hours more. NOBODY HAS EVER TOLD ME THAT THE CHECKOUT TIME IS 7AM! The manager insisted on letting me pay, so I paid with cash, and they refused to give me changes, saying that they did not have any! I was very pissed. India was a great country, but Grand Godwin left me with a bad memory.

Never stay at this hotel, unless you want to argue with the [--] at the reception.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Thurein_Htet
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have never stayed at such a horrible place, not because of the actual hotel (its is pretty nice actually), but the staff.

From the moment we checked in, the staff (the rfeception/lobby staff) were rude and clearly did not like us (we are young and I guess I figure that was the reason).
- First, their credit card machine was not working. They made a rude comment in front of people, that "obviously you cannot afford to stay here". When the card worked, no appology that it was THEIR machine and not the card. Nor no appology for their very rude and offensive comment.
- Second, laundry
- THird, they got the wake up call wrong (or my guess is intentionally didn't ring)
- Fourth, they kept making excuses as to the laundry not been done (despite paying a 100% loading for urgent service). It was only after about 4 calls was it done.
- Fifth and most importantly, as the others could be somewhat forgiven was the incident. We had arranged with the hotel for a free transfer to the airport and back to drop my friend off (I was staying in Delhi, so would come back into town). When I returned, they proceeded to tell me I had to pay 500/- for it. Even if it wasn't free, a ridiculous charge. I said I will not pay. They started abusing me. I said, I will not pay and that I'm going to the tourist police. It was at this point, they blocked the door, grabbed my backpack and started assaulting me. I ran out the door. I went to the police. The police came to the hotel, as my bag was still there. It was only once the police were there that their attitude changed, and they were trying not to get arrested. The actual manager of the hotel, at this point, to his credit was appologetic, however there is absolutly not excuse for assaulting your hotel patrons.

AVOID

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank sambutler_12
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Delhi, walking distance from New Delhi railway station, which we did with our luggage, no trouble at all. We stayed with a group of 14 relatives and friends, and it was very convenient and relaxing. Staff are helpful, rooms are lovely, clean, and have showers! Room prices were fair and service was good. Free buffet breakfast was included, very enjoyable stay, will definately stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends