“value for money..”

Ranked #382 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
mumbai
“value for money..”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

this place is absolute value for money..rooms are great..food is delicious and and absolutely not expensive...and best thing they have "HAPPY HOURS ALL DAY, EVERY DAY"....what more could you ask for

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I stayed here for an overnight stopover, and chose it primarily because of the swimming pool. The place was a bit dumpy and depressing, although room was ok. I kept being told that the pool would be ready in an hour or so. Finally at the end of the afternoon they told me I could not use it at all because of chemicals in it. VERY frustrating. Also AC broke in the middle of the night and repairmen had to come in to fix it. Way overpriced. I can't imagine why any one would stay here a second time. I won't.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank sunnytvdenver

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Marathi manoos
Reviewed June 22, 2010

When you get out of New Delhi Airport and travel towards Gurgaon there is a row of hotels along the highway from simple lodge to 5 star all the variety is there.

Almost where the row ends Dee marks Hotel and resort is located. It is just outside Vasant Kunj. Landmark - It's next to huge statue of Lord Shiva. End of new runway for airport is just opposite.

Fortunately the windows are completely sealed so you do not hear airplanes landing in your room.

Rooms are large and well appointed. But check for minibar contents. Beds are comfortable. You have electric kettle and tea/ coffee bags in the room. (Again check if sugar sachets are there or not) WIFI is there but not free. Charges are heavy.

Restaurent is good, food is as you get everywhere in Delhi, waiters are friendly but service is very slow. Cup of tea after breakfast took 20 minutes to arrive.

In short it is a good option if you need to stay on that side of town for your business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank canpush
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed May 2, 2010

while returning from europe by a late night flight i had got a room booked for the night.

i was picked up at the airport without problem. the check in was smooth and the room spacious. the bath room was ok but not very clean... typical indian standard. the hot water was not very hot in the morning... think they have solar heating.

the breakfast was ok. mainly typical north indian.

i had no opportunity to look around and hence cannot comment on the facilities.

during checkout, the same guy who checked me in was there. but he was so sleepy that he did not even recognize me. i also found the bell boys and other staff sitting around in the lobby...ever done in a professionally run hotel.

The hotel seemed to be full due to delayed flights from ash cloud.

I do not know whether I will go back. May be for one night if i have work outside delhi towards jaipur since the tariff is very attractive and the place is very close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
toronto
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Myself and 3 other friends stayed at the Dee Marks for 2 nights. We had booked 2 rooms through a travel agent and was told that it was a decent hotel.
We arrived late the first night...and were somewhat greeted warmly by the doorman. Hotel was dimly lit and seemed like no one was there.

Room: tiny, single beds. Bathroom had basic features...strong water pressure but hardly any hot water. If lucky..water is lukewarm.

Hotel employees were not well trained and would linger around expecting and wanting a tip from bringing us fresh towels, to ice to room service.

Breakfast was very dissapointing. Bread, and fruit...and can order eggs through the waiter.

We checked out and returned to the hotel a night later as part of our tour package and the front desk male receptionist was grouchy and rude...and not helpful nor friendly. Doorman was hovering expecting a tip for opening the door.

None of the facilities were open. Hotel is hidden just off the road in the middle of nowhere.

Would not recommend this hotel at all...there are many others to choose from and at the rate they are charging...US180 a night..it's unbelievable.
Would rate it at a motel standard...a 2 star.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank jujubes13
India
Reviewed May 16, 2009

This Dee marks hotel was selected by me & my friends on certain aspects, like reasonable rate package was the main out of which security was the prime. As this hotel had given a good security but as compared to the rooms were also reasonably ok. But if we come on room package & what hotel is providing on other aspects , then it was upsetting as many things was not in working as I have seen on net like swimming pool , No WIFI Complementary(which was mention as complimentary on net check) It didn't provide aurvedic message as that was also mentioned.

& on these main few thing's like swimming pool, WIFI Complimentary, Aurvidic message,etc we saw on net, & as on comparison with other hotels price it was quite reasonable, as it was other part that they didn't provide me those things, for which I was not happy.

As comparison with food & sweet item I found many items were not there, as that again upset me.
Apart they have good collection of wine.....
Rest more or less I have found it overall that the kind of hotel what we see from out side, it is not like that as we have to be care full with cross check of bills, which might be wrong some time as it happened with me.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — swimming pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rohitsinha381
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I am day 2 into a 6 night stay at the Dee Marks. It was booked for me by the company running my training course.
Overall the hotel is good, the rooms are clean, spacious, value for money. They have individual air-con, a good TV, and the bed is comfy.

But it is let down by petty things, namely associated with the staff.
They have a big menu. Its just that for the first 2 nights in a row, they don't have my first choice meal. Cut down on the menu if you can't support it! I even ordered ice cream on the 1st night to be told the chef had melted it! That was a bit worrying; it left me wondering if the fridges worked or he just left it out.

They advertise Wi-Fi, but you find out you have to pay for it. I was staying in a Premium room. Perhaps in the super-deluxe rooms it's free. On the 2nd night, I was on the Internet only for it to stop working half way through. I went down to complain, was asked whether my time had run out (it hadn't). It transpires one of the staff had pulled out the network connection so he could plug in his mobile or something!

The shower was lukewarm. I skipped it on the second morning, it was freezing! With 35 degrees outside they wouldn't even need to electrically heat it, just use solar panels, but somehow the water was cold.

I did a foreign exchange. Only they didn't have a 20 ruppee note so they said they'd give it to me later. OK, it's worth hardly anything, but I'm principled on these things. On the 2nd day I asked again for it and they said they'd sent it to my room. I never got it and I'm not going to ask again, but things like that completely let down a hotel and make it look very unprofessional.

Overall, I would say there's nothing wrong with Dee Marks - it's good value for money. If you want to keep it simple, use it for a nights sleep and you're not fussy about what you can eat it'll suit you perfectly. But it could be a really good hotel if they just sorted out all the silly things!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TravellingAbout20