Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$214
$101
$91
Agoda.com
1,171 results
All reviewsconnaught placekebab factorykebab restaurantheritage buildingouter circlebusiness class roomrajiv chowk metro stationcentral locationthe heart of the citytravel deskrooms are smallstayed here for nightsbusiness tripdeluxe roombreakfast spreadcoffee shopcomfortable stay
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Centrally located ,good and helping staff right from the security guy to the GM .
Food is good and the service excellent
The bar and the restaurants are good with smiling faces to greet and take your orders .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Greetings from Radisson Blu Marina CP!

We thank you for being one of our most regular guests and sharing your valuable feedback.

It is always a pleasure to serve you. All the team members are glad to interact with you and we always try to implement your suggestions.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

An excellent boutique hotel right in the heart of Delhi with great atmosphere and excellent rooms. As a group of three business travellers including a senior medical doctor from the UK we decamped here after a dreadful experience at another hotel and were not at all disappointed. The rooms were exceptionally comfortable and the meal in the Great Kabab Factory restaurant was superb with a whole array of interesting starter dishes brought to the table as they were cooked. The reception staff were helpful and friendly. I can find nothing to criticise about this excellent hotel – I recommend you stay here.

Greetings from Radisson Blu Marina CP!

We thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your valuable feedback.

We are glad that are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the services at the hotel. Your positive feedback regarding the food and service at The Great Kabab Factory restaurant has been shared with the Chef and team members.

Thank you once again and we really look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

In spite of negative feedback from our local travel agency (Services International, a superb travel agency with exceptional service: “too expensive for the service they provide”), we chose this hotel only and only because of its wonderful location,within the easy reach to Outer Circus Shops of Connaught Place and State Emporiums.

Hospitality, modesty and friendliness are one of the bench marks of the people of India. Those characteristics were widely confirmed during our three weeks holiday within two years, whereas, in this hotel, we had a cold welcome at the first contact. Five gentlemen at the reception were displayed like “Madame Tussauds Museum Wax Statues”. Nearly, you were about to feel, being accepted to this hotel was an honor for you! But the “Big Bang” was during our dinner; to know Radisson Chain better, we had reserved two buffet dinners in two different restaurants of the hotel. The first evening, in Coffee Shop there was nobody. Instead of buffet, which we paid around 25 $/pp, they said they will serve us a tourist menu! Just imagine, they charge nearly a fortune for a buffet meal and they are not ashamed to suggest an Indian menu composed of rice and lentils (dhal)!

One of the 5 “statues” at the reception, slightly open his mouth and replied: “Sir, this is a problem between you and your travel agency”. At that moment my “fuses are blown!”. I said, “As a common practice, I will either eat whatever I want as much as I want or you cancel my reservation and refund me the amount”. Just prior the arrival of the scandal, the assistant manager of the restaurant took the initiative and solved the problem. (Heartfelt thanks to Mr. Dipin Dhavan).

Apart from its wonderful Kebab Factory Restaurant, this hotel doesn’t worth a penny! If you don’t want to spoil your holiday in Delhi, just go to its fabulous restaurant and that’s all, avoid all other services and don’t cross its main gate !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Turkishfamily
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I read few last reviews about this hotel, which are not very convincing, yet i went ahead and booked this hotel as a last minute option. "The hotel was amazing! "
IN PRICE - fabulous price compared to other similar hotels in New Delhi.
IN LOCATION - what can I say..just a stones throw away from Connaught Place..the business district of Delhi.
IN COMFORT - Spotlessly clean. Comfortable rooms and a breakfast buffet with such a choice
that leaves you ready to tackle all the day's walking and sightseeing.
All I can say is...what a great hotel. Cannot fault it and the staff are all so courteous and friendly. I'm so glad I booked this hotel and would urge you to do so to if you are wondering where to stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: Business Class rooms are better. Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Radisson Blu Marina CP!

We thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable feedback.

We are happy to see that you really enjoyed your recent stay and the services at our hotel. The entire team lays strong focus on Guest preferences and we always try to exceed guest expectations.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I read this review before and learned that the possibility of charging my credit card in my home currency rather than Indian Rupee. I asked the staff to charge in Rupee specifically but when I return home it turns out to be charged in my home currency. I believe most card user do not like the idea of charging in the home currency (with all the mark up) and what really disappoints me was that they did so even after I ask them not to (and assured me they will not too). The hotel agreed to reverse it in 15 to 20 working days. I'll wait and see with fingers crossed.

To be fair, the facilities are reasonable and the staff were otherwise helpful and responsed to problems quickly. I didn't experience what many other reviewers encounter - in my room drainage was good, Wi-Fi worked, hot water always running and the breakfast was sufficient and the Kebab Factory restaurant was good tood.

But what I expect more is the "software" - the staff and their professionalism - which is usually satisfactory for a Radisson brand. Usually.

Room Tip: Print the reviews regarding the currency problem and present to them. Remind them twice (or thrice), email them before your travel and right after you return home to make sure they charge you the currency of your choice. And be prepared to follow up if it turns out otherwise.