“Great Place to stay on business”

Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
Ranked #117 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Place to stay on business”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Centrally located ,good and helping staff right from the security guy to the GM .
Food is good and the service excellent
The bar and the restaurants are good with smiling faces to greet and take your orders .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this review, February 20, 2014

Greetings from Radisson Blu Marina CP!

We thank you for being one of our most regular guests and sharing your valuable feedback.

It is always a pleasure to serve you. All the team members are glad to interact with you and we always try to implement your suggestions.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back.

Dhananjay Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Edinburgh
Reviewed February 17, 2014

An excellent boutique hotel right in the heart of Delhi with great atmosphere and excellent rooms. As a group of three business travellers including a senior medical doctor from the UK we decamped here after a dreadful experience at another hotel and were not at all disappointed. The rooms were exceptionally comfortable and the meal in the Great Kabab Factory restaurant was superb with a whole array of interesting starter dishes brought to the table as they were cooked. The reception staff were helpful and friendly. I can find nothing to criticise about this excellent hotel – I recommend you stay here.

Greetings from Radisson Blu Marina CP!

We thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your valuable feedback.

We are glad that are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the services at the hotel. Your positive feedback regarding the food and service at The Great Kabab Factory restaurant has been shared with the Chef and team members.

Thank you once again and we really look forward to welcome you back.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 15, 2014

In spite of negative feedback from our local travel agency (Services International, a superb travel agency with exceptional service: “too expensive for the service they provide”), we chose this hotel only and only because of its wonderful location,within the easy reach to Outer Circus Shops of Connaught Place and State Emporiums.

Hospitality, modesty and friendliness are one of the bench marks of the people of India. Those characteristics were widely confirmed during our three weeks holiday within two years, whereas, in this hotel, we had a cold welcome at the first contact. Five gentlemen at the reception were displayed like “Madame Tussauds Museum Wax Statues”. Nearly, you were about to feel, being accepted to this hotel was an honor for you! But the “Big Bang” was during our dinner; to know Radisson Chain better, we had reserved two buffet dinners in two different restaurants of the hotel. The first evening, in Coffee Shop there was nobody. Instead of buffet, which we paid around 25 $/pp, they said they will serve us a tourist menu! Just imagine, they charge nearly a fortune for a buffet meal and they are not ashamed to suggest an Indian menu composed of rice and lentils (dhal)!

One of the 5 “statues” at the reception, slightly open his mouth and replied: “Sir, this is a problem between you and your travel agency”. At that moment my “fuses are blown!”. I said, “As a common practice, I will either eat whatever I want as much as I want or you cancel my reservation and refund me the amount”. Just prior the arrival of the scandal, the assistant manager of the restaurant took the initiative and solved the problem. (Heartfelt thanks to Mr. Dipin Dhavan).

Apart from its wonderful Kebab Factory Restaurant, this hotel doesn’t worth a penny! If you don’t want to spoil your holiday in Delhi, just go to its fabulous restaurant and that’s all, avoid all other services and don’t cross its main gate !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Turkishfamily

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I read few last reviews about this hotel, which are not very convincing, yet i went ahead and booked this hotel as a last minute option. "The hotel was amazing! "
IN PRICE - fabulous price compared to other similar hotels in New Delhi.
IN LOCATION - what can I say..just a stones throw away from Connaught Place..the business district of Delhi.
IN COMFORT - Spotlessly clean. Comfortable rooms and a breakfast buffet with such a choice
that leaves you ready to tackle all the day's walking and sightseeing.
All I can say is...what a great hotel. Cannot fault it and the staff are all so courteous and friendly. I'm so glad I booked this hotel and would urge you to do so to if you are wondering where to stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: Business Class rooms are better. Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Radisson Blu Marina CP!

We thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable feedback.

We are happy to see that you really enjoyed your recent stay and the services at our hotel. The entire team lays strong focus on Guest preferences and we always try to exceed guest expectations.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back soon.

HONG KONG
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I read this review before and learned that the possibility of charging my credit card in my home currency rather than Indian Rupee. I asked the staff to charge in Rupee specifically but when I return home it turns out to be charged in my home currency. I believe most card user do not like the idea of charging in the home currency (with all the mark up) and what really disappoints me was that they did so even after I ask them not to (and assured me they will not too). The hotel agreed to reverse it in 15 to 20 working days. I'll wait and see with fingers crossed.

To be fair, the facilities are reasonable and the staff were otherwise helpful and responsed to problems quickly. I didn't experience what many other reviewers encounter - in my room drainage was good, Wi-Fi worked, hot water always running and the breakfast was sufficient and the Kebab Factory restaurant was good tood.

But what I expect more is the "software" - the staff and their professionalism - which is usually satisfactory for a Radisson brand. Usually.

Room Tip: Print the reviews regarding the currency problem and present to them. Remind them twice (or thrice...
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Radisson in Connaught Place is definitely not a true Radisson Hotel. The service was terrible from checking in to daily service. We booked and paid for a room with a queen size bed. When we got checked in we got a double bed and were told that by the front desk we got upgraded to the balcony room to compensate. That was no compensation as we could not go out onto the balcony. They did not give us the key to the balcony door.

The room service forgot to replace the towels and toilet paper after they had cleaned up. They made this mistake on both days we were there. The drains of the bathroom sink and shower clogged up. The first morning we woke up to no hot water. Only for it to return temporarily. There was no hot water in the evening as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sangsd
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I just checked our of the hotel and have loads to say and nothing great about this hotel in Delhi which fools people with a big brand name. I had a bad experience staying there in October 2013 and the GM called for an apology and I decided to go back last night.

I personally feel that staff at the front office require immense training and will need to know how to greet a customer right from the doorstep of the hotel to the room. They are very bad at this. The rooms are OK, but can be cleaner; dirty towels etc and list will go longer.

Today while I checked out I realize that they have given me a bill on a A4 paper which doesnt carry the logo of the hotel. So you understand the lack of professionalism there.

I strongly dont recommend this hotel !

2 Thank Sabarinv