“Nice hotel - friendly staff and central location”

Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
Ranked #121 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel - friendly staff and central location”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I enjoyed staying there. My room was very comfortable - I was upgraded to a balcony room which was very nice and made me forget the fact that I was actually in India. I only ever ate at the hotel, so found the complimentary breakfast buffet was very good and there was a decent menu selection available for dinner.

The majority of staff were friendly and I felt safe most of the time, which was a top priority being female and travelling on my own.

There are a couple of things I had to mark the hotel down on: the fact that there was no pool (although in saying that, it is India), and also the fact that there is always a bad apple - namely one member of staff (male) who knocked on my door at 2.30am and 3.00am the first night I got there, firstly asking if my room was okay, then came back half an hour later requesting to 'inspect the curtain hooks'. I didn't let him in of course then locked the door and kept a mug by the door for the rest of my stay as a type of early warning system in case someone wanted to get in. It creeped me out to say the least.

Other than that experience I had, I would still recommend the Radisson Blu to others as a good accommodation option in New Delhi.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time to write this review for Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place.

We are delighted to know that your recent stay with us was a memorable experience. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team member who knocked on your door twice. As the same is unacceptable, I have briefed my team about the same.

We thrive towards making your stay a memorable one which I am thrilled to know, that we did.

We thank you again for your review and hope to see you back on your next visit.

Dhananjay Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Excellent location, very close to metro. Good spread in breakfast menu.
The staff was awsome. Their service was friendly. The breakfast buffet was really delicous and the chef and staff keep checking about the taste of foods. The guys at the front desk were efficient an helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MoneshB
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mr Monesh,

We thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place on your recent trip to Delhi!

We take pride in providing you with the best of the experience at our hotel and this helps us to further our benchmarks and do even better than what we do. All our team members are motivated with your feedback. This wonderful team will always be at your service on your next stay with us.

We thank you again for your valuable time to write this feedback about your stay with us.

Calcutta, India
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Right on the cannaught place (centre of the city) with excellent connectivity to all parts of the city with train, metro service, auto rickshaw and taxi. Hotel is partly occupied in old heritage building, which also have stores and showrooms, offices .
Decent size well maintained rooms with great buffet breakfast and efficient room service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Santosh M
Dear Mr Santosh,

Thank you for your time to write this review about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place!

We are thrilled to know that you had a great experience here at our hot. We always anticipate our guest needs which always make us be a step ahead of our guest needs. As you have mentioned, we are located right in the city center of New Delhi, which compliments well with our service standards as well.

We thank you for staying with us and wish to see you soon on your next visit.

Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I arrived here at around 10.30 pm on 27th July 2013 with my family. To my utter disbelieve it turned out to be a hotel which looked more of a budget hotel. there were no bell boys. There were stray dogs right outside the hotel with usual Delhi filth all around. Honestly for the price that I paid, I get much better deals at Maurya Sheraton a fantastic place to stay in. Raddison Marina Connaught place deserves to be a budget hotel and should be offered at much cheaper prices. My advice to fellow travelers, there are plenty of other choices available in and around Connaught place for both luxury as well as budget travelers. This hotel neither fits in a budget category (because of high Tarriffs) nor Luxury (Because of overall appearance/service/breakfast buffet etc).
Even though staffs were courteous but were inefficient. Overall not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sharmakap

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Sharjah
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is an "interesting Hotel" as my colleague aptly cited. When you are dropped off at the hotel entrance in the corner of one of the Victorian buildings in Connought place, one does not help wonder on the choice of the hotel. The entrance is as nondescrept as it can get. But once you enter the hotel, you will feel better. The lobby is in the first floor with minimal furnishing that looks modern to say the least. The check in was quick and effecient. The room was what you would expect from an international chain. Very well appointed, clean and comfortable. Wifi was included in the room rate, which is not normal for most of the hotels in India. This definitely was a positive.

Breakfast was good, with the usual Indian and continental spread and live cooking counters dishing up Dosas as well as eggs. Service is good and the staff are attentive with out actually being all over you.

If you have any reason to be in or near Connought place while you are in Delhi, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are on business. Its a 30 to 4o minute drive from the International airport.

One incident that I would like to share is with in room dining. I had ordered a soup after check in and was working on my emails that I did not actually check the tme it took for the order to arrive. Apparently it took 30 minutes for them to deliver my meal and they offered it for free because of this delay. This was without me even mentioning about it. That does say something about the team there. I was impressed to say the least.

They do have a health club and Spa. I did not try them out, so cannot comment on these.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your valuable time to write a review fro Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place!

We are flattered with your positive comments. We are glad that we were able to make your recent stay a memorable one. We make sure that we go a step ahead to anticipate our guest needs. Please accept our apologies for the delayed soup.

We thank you again and hope to see you back soon on your next visit to New Delhi.

Yours Sincerely,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I write this review on the experience with the pathetic service at restraunt fifty9 of radisson marina. The worst possible service experience i could have had at any place. Let me give you a detailed account of what happened:
We were a group of 12 with a table reserved in advance specifically asked for a corner table. We were allocated a table write next to the door for which i asked a replacement but was told it can not be done although i was the last guest to leave and throughout the other table was empty.
We ordered starters and waited approx. 45 minutes for starters to be served during which i had to ask the serving manager 3 times for the starters. Immediately with starters the main course was served without a gap of even 3 minutes.
In the maincourse 1 main dish, 2 salads, 2 raitas, 2 papads were missing in a total order of 18 items. As it was a big table we got to know in the mid of the meal where i called up the guy and asked him have you served the full order to which he again reaffirmed that he has. Then i called the waiter and told him 4 out of 18 items were missing, by this time we had almost completed our dinner. So this person intervenes and tells us he will serve the items and would not charge us. Again my reply is we don't want them as our dinner is done. After another 5 minutes Raitas and Salads reach our table and are put there. Since we are done we don't even touch them. Again our waiter comes up and tells us that this is free of charge to which our reply is we don't need it.
At the time of providing me bill he tells me he will charge us for the item served as they were served! Its like a fraud. Then on confronting he again apologizes and says i will offer you 15% discount. I hand over my credit card and again he comes back and tells me since you are a citibank card holder you are already getting a discount i can't offer you more. Imagine my plight. I wanted to raise this then and there however since it was getting late and i had family along we just left.
I request fellow travelers to stay away from this place. This is not expected from Carlson Rezidor group hotels!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rocker_kaks
Margao, India
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A very small property, situated right at Connaught Place. Rooms are small but nicely maintained. Food is excellent. Very convenient, if you want to stay at Connaught Place. Staffs are very cordial. Nice place, if you want to have meeting near Connaught Place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mr Maitra,

Thank you very much for your time to write this review for Radisson Blu Marin Hotel, Connuaght Place!

We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel and the services we offer. Since we are part of the heritage site of Connaught Place and as per the government regulations, unfortunately no alterations can be done to our hotel structure including size of our rooms. Hence we make sure our interiors including rooms are in the best of the conditions. We are glad that our staff has been able to deliver to your expectations.

We thank you again for your valuable time and we wish to see you back soon.

Your's Sincerely