“Excellent Hotel, Beautiful Ambience & Best Service”

Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
Ranked #101 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It was a 3 day flying trip to New Delhi with wife & 2 kids; just before their summer holiday finished - I stayed in Radisson Marina Hotel @ Connaught Place (heart of Delhi) for 3 days from 30th May 2013 to 1st July 2013.

I wanted to check-in with Radisson Hotel that is about 5 Kms. to airport; but was suggested this Hotel for convenience of sight-seeing, which is hardly 12-13 Kms. from airport. The Hotel sent me an Innova A/c car for pick-up from airport & on the way, I asked the driver about the quality of this Hotel; since it was first time I was travelling to Dehi to live there; although many times I passed thru Delhi to other places! The driver, honestly told me that the Hotel is in heart of New Delhi; BUT after a gasp, he said that from the outer side; the hotel looks like a market place & one would not imagine it to be a Hotel sort. HOWEVER, he quickly added saying that "IT IS WORTHWHILE TO HAVE ONE LOOK INSIDE THE HOTEL", which I did reluctantly - all the more, PRESIDENTIAL SUITE ROOM was booked for me @ a reasonable price of 14K+tax - I could not believe my eyes & so was the case with my wife and 2 kids 8 years and 10 years old - THE FIRST SIGHT INSIDE THE ROOM WAS CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR ME TO CALL RECEPTION & NOTIFY THEM THAT I WOULD STAY IN THE HOTEL FOR 3 DAYS; ALTHOUGH I RELUCTANTLY PAID UPFRONT FOR JUST 1 DAY ! Everything thereon from ambience, comfort, in-dine service, food quality, house-keeping, the gratitiousness of Front Office Staff, the lovely complimentary breakfast, the gym/business room/Wi-Fi (free)/Internet (Free) etc. etc. was something "VALUE FOR MONEY" - I strongly recommend every traveller to stay put up in this Hotel; since OUTER LOOK OR THE SO-CALLED 5-STAR AMBIENCE FROM OUTSIDE IS "NOT THE CRITERIA" - RATHER, RADISSON MARINA IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF HOW A HOTEL COULD HAVE 5-STAR AMBIENCE WITHIN; THOUGH LOOKS "PRETTY ORDINARY" FROM OUTSIDE - THE WAY, THIS HOTEL LOOKED "ORDINARY" FROM OUTER LOOKS; IS THE FACT THAT "THIS IS A HERITAGE HOTEL" OF BRITISH ERA; HENCE MODIFICATIONS TO OUTER LOOK NOT PERMITTED AS PER LOCAL LAWS; AS KNOWN TO ME.

I would rate this Hotel 99.9% - I love to give 100%; but the TRAVEL DESK is hopeless ! They have very Old Cars for the Classical Hotel of this calibre - the car given to me for sight-seeing was a Toyota Corolla for name-sake; but it did not have proper functioning of A/c. Worse, same car was given to me on last day of my stay, when I had bit of sight-seeing & thereon dropped @ airport. This is when I had a TRAUMA - the backside bonnet of the car was BROKEN & throughout the journey, we became laughing stocks on the road. The driver tide the bonnet using a rope; but it was not sufficient to avoid the LOUD THUDS the car made with each pothole ! The drivers are good by and large; but less support we get from the Travel Desk as such - one such driver Mr. Satbir SINGH was very rude - the last day, for just over 4 hours of my sight seeing; the travel desk charged me for a package of 8 hours / 80 Kms. i.e. Rs.3,000/- - with the condition of car being HOPELESS, I just travelled 60+ kms. and was eager to get out of the car & reach airport asap. IT IS AT THIS POINT, THE SAID DRIVER MR.SATBIR SINGH STARTED HARRASSING ME; IMAGINE FOR JUST RS.80/-, THE CHANGE I DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE HIM. THIS DRIVER SAID I TRAVELLED 65 KMS. AND ADDED AS MUCH AS 24 KMS. TO GO BACK TO HOTEL - HE SAID, I NEED TO PAY RS.3000 + 180 FOR EXTRA 9 KMS. AS PER INSTRUCTIONS OF TRAVEL DESK PERSON OVER PHONE, I GAVE RS.3000 & TIP OF RS.100 - THE DRIVER HELD ME FOR RANSOM FOR EXTRA RS.80 FOR CLOSE TO 15 TO 20 MINS. AT THE AIRPORT ! HE WAS RUDE; NOT TO EVEN LISTEN TO TRAVEL DESK PERSON'S ADVISE TO ACCEPT RS.3000/- FROM ME. IF NOT I REACHED AIRPORT EARLY, I WOULD HAVE MISSED THE FLIGHT BACK HOME; THANKS TO THE RUDE ATTITUDE OF SAID DRIVER; WHO APPARENTLY SEEMED TO HAVE MORE INFLUENCE THAN THE TRAVEL DESK PEOPLE. THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE CAME; AFTER I REACHED BACK BANGALORE, WHEN I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM TRAVEL DESK NOTIFYING THAT I PAID RS.2,500/- ONLY - I SAID, I INDEED PAID RS.3,000/- - LATER ON, THE TRAVEL DESK PEOPLE REALISED THAT THE SAID DRIVER MR. SATBIR SINGH GOBBLED RS.500/-; THUS NOTIFIED THE TRAVEL DESK PEOPLE THAT I PAID RS.2,500/- ONLY !!!

A hotel of the calibre of Radisson MUST change the TRAVEL DESK PEOPLE & REPLACE WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURES FROM DRIVERS. They have to change CARS & have good ones; than the HATARI sort of cars they have at the hotel. Lastly, drivers should not be allowed to collect cash @ airport & harrass passengers - rather, everything should be collected by Travel Desk on record; thus billed & transparency of Travel Desk related operations MUST BE CLEAN IN EVERY RESPECT; WHICH UNFORTUNATELY IS THE ONLY BLACK MOLE WITH THIS GOOD HOTEL. CARLSON MANAGEMENT SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THIS "C O M P L A I N T" FROM ME, WHO REMAIN HARRASSED BY DRIVER @ TRAVEL DESK OF HOTEL.

Room Tip: If budget is not a concern; then PRESIDENTIAL SUITE ROOM @ Rs.14K + taxes is LUXURY-WELL DEFINED - G...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KS M
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Mr Madhusudan,

Thank you for your feedback on the tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

We are glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations in most of the areas during your stay at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place. In spite of a great stay that you had, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our travel desk services. We thank you for bringing this to our notice. We have very strongly taken note of everything that you have mentioned and will take necessary action at the earliest as this not acceptable, as very rightly said by you from a brand of this stature.

Thank you once again for your time to write this review and we hope that this mentioned experience will not hinder in your decision to stay with us on your next visit to Delhi.

Dhananjay Kumar

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

have been to this place to meet a close associates, hotel interiors are nice but the entrance looks bit shabby. this may be temporary as it has construction going on and situated at the busy streets of CP.

Restaurant food was nice, buffet was not justified to the price so sticked to ala carte. Service was very descent and staff was courteous. Bar was bit interesting. however, the hotel looks very confused and staff at entrance looks like the guest expect to know the way. where ever they are heading in hotel,.

I will not comment on rooms as no feedback was there from friend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Our team at "The Connaught Bar" and the "Fifty 9", our all day dining restaurant are delighted to receive such a motivating feedback from you. However, we have taken note of the concerns mentioned by you and the necessary steps have been put in place to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

I would also like to suggest our signature restaurant, "The Great Kebab Factory" which has won many awards and great reviews from the top food critics around the country. This wonderful place is only open for Dinner and you have non vegetarian as well as vegetarian selection of mouthwatering kebabs.

Thank you once again for your time to write this review and we wish to serve you again on your next visit.

Your's Sincerely

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A small hotel with not so high prices,
Good Restaurant,
Good Food,
Good Ambience
Superb Central Location
Close to Palika Bazaar
On Cannaught Place a central location
Close to very good restaurants
Good Spread of Breakfast

Room Tip: Take Rear Rooms if available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Its our great pleasure to know that you had an excellent stay at Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place. We make every effort to exceed your expectations and provide you with the utmost level of service. We always work towards providing our guests with the consistent high end experience on every stay with us.

We thank you again for your time to write this review and we eagerly wait for your return.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had stayed for 2 nights at Radisson Marina Hotel Connaught Place.Found the Hotel to have a suberb location and excellent service. The front office staff are not only courteous but helpful.
They have complimentary pick-up / drop to the Metro.

Their restaurant - Kabab factory is really a treat to the pallet with top notch service.

Must stay - wont regret it.

Will surely reuse the hotel for my next trip

Room Tip: Away from the road & housekeeping area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Venkat-Indian

Dear Mr Venkat,

It gives us a great moment of pride to know that you had an excellent stay with us at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place. Our front desk team is thrilled to read your feedback and The Great Kebab Factory, our signature dining outlet has always been rated as one of the top dining option in the city. We are glad that your experience just strengthens the name it has achieved in its many years of excellence.

Thank you once again for your time to write this review and we wish to be your home again on your every visit to New Delhi.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed in Radisson marina for one night but it was a lifetime experience . Food was delicious

nice rooms, soft & comfortable bed . Nice location , a bit shabby from outside but true 5 star

experience from inside . Would love to visit again in future .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dmover

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please be sure that our team at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place is always looking for opportunities to anticipate your needs, giving you a complete "Home Away from Home" experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice ambience and good food as well....despite the ongoing construction outside , the cleanliness and the atmosphere inside is really good.the staff there is also very cooperative.the convinence of being near to all the brands and restaurants and metro connectivity makes it a good choice to stay for the people from abroad .

• Stayed: March 2013
Dhananjay_Kr, General Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking time to write a review for Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place!

It gives us immense please to know that your stay with us was a memorable one. We always thrive to provide you with the best of the services and we are glad that we were able to deliver that,

We thank you again for your kind words and we wish to welcome you back again to Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is an excellent location.Courteous and wonderful staff. i like the interior of the hotel as welll as the great kabab factory food is amazing.I Would definitely eat here again.
Rooms are very good and affordable nice staff u get complete satisfaction in this hotel.Rooms, amentities, restaurants, breakfast, staff - just excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time to write about your experience at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place!

We are thrilled and our team is highly motivated to know about the great experience you had at our hotel. We try to anticipate your needs and deliver the same with passion which makes a dynamic team that we have.

We thank you again to write this kind feedback and we wish to welcome you back again.