“Tranquil Oasis in a Hectic City.”

Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
Ranked #105 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Radisson Blu for three nights recently on a business trip. I chose it because it was relatively central and also close by to the main tourist sites for when I had an hour or two spare.

My first impressions were not great, as the first entrance to the hotel is a small, shabby room with a bag scanner in it, but that isn't representative of the whole hotel. The rest of the hotel is clean and classily minimalist and a great use of space in a colonial heritage building.

The room was well proportioned and clean. I found the bed remarkably comfortable and didn't hear a noise during my whole stay. The complementary wifi was relatively quick and a nice touch.

Breakfast was average, so on my second night after a long day I thought long and hard about eating in the restaurant. I was simply too tired to leave so I went into the Great Kebab Factory with low expectations. However, this was the best meal I had in Delhi and if you stay here you must try it. The food, ambiance and service was top notch - a real highlight of the trip. I also had lunch at the restaurant on the first floor which was also very high quality.

If you do stay here be aware of touts from a nearby travel company called India For You, across the street. I booked a car with them and regretted it - it was a massive rip off for the service they provided.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Delhi.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank The_Great_Stuartio
Nishantradisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place as your preferred hotel during your visit to New Delhi.

Our team at Radisson felt very motivated and encouraged by your feedback regarding their service. Indeed, we strive hard to make the stay not only satisfying but a memorable experience for all our guests.

With regards to your concern over hotel entrance, we would like to share with you that the inconvenience caused was due to the ongoing development work being undertaken by the Delhi government in front of our hotel. We wish there was a way for us to get away from these procedures and inconvenient situation and serve our guests but unfortunately that is something beyond the hotel management’s control. Nevertheless we are constantly in touch with the local authorities to ensure maximum level of comfort for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope for an opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Whe I first arrived at the hotel, I was a bit skeptical. The outside leaves much to be desired. The parking lot is poorly paved so it tends to be muddy. You also enter on the bottom level but as soon as you ascend to the lobby, you will be wowwed. I was greeted at the door with help for my bags and they were taken all the way to my room. Check in was smooth, they had all my information and the room was ready. Over the two days I was there, the staff a ctually knew who I was and remembered what I liked.

The rooms are very high tech. All lighting and room functions are panel. The room service was also excellent, as everything I requested arrived within 5 minutes. The amenities are also great. There is an amazing spa which gives high quality massage for reasonable prices by western standards. There are also two restaurants and a complimentary breakfast which is amazing. It included both Indian ( northern and southern) delicacies as well as the traditional English/ American items. They can also book tours from that office.

The location was also amazing, it was easy to get transportation right outside and you are located near many trendy restaurants and shops. Its also a central location for getting to monuments and sites. Overall, I give this place a 9.5/10. Theo only deduction being the outside

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Travelergirl998

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of New Delhi city. You don't feel the busy city inside the hotel. The staff and their service is excellent. The food and breakfast was good but compared to other Radisson hotels it lacks variety. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. It's a nice place to stay and if you want to go shopping. I prefer it than the malls because you can find a mix of all the international branded shops, local shops with lots of street vendors too. There are plenty of fine dining restaurants and bars around. I would certainly love to go back there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with balcony and collect the key to access from the front desk.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very good location, close to cultural sites, restaurants, and shopping. Short Tuk Tuk or taxi rides to Red Fort, Old Deli, temples, etc.

When you see the exterior area of the hotel you can't help but think, what Am I getting into? However, following the security check at the front door you take a short set of stairs to the lobby check-in and any fears you may have had quickly disappear. A helpful and efficient staff, small but clean rooms, and an average breakfast buffet.

There are higher end hotels in this area but the Radisson is significantly less expensive and is more than adequate as a home base to your ventures into the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the streetside exterior (incessant car horns well into the evening and begi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

In summary, if you don’t mind missing out on a fancy lobby and porch but want a decent, centrally located hotel in Delhi, then this is for you.

Was at this hotel with my mother at the start and end of my trip to India. We stayed here for 3 nights in a deluxe room and another 3 nights in a ‘Business Class’ room in November 2012.

The location of the hotel is probably the best and worst feature. You’ll be in the heart of Delhi but also in the middle of construction chaos. Having said that it’s still worth being centrally located in this city! There is a security guard on the side of the hotel (where your taxi will drop you). He will arrange for the bell boys to take your luggage.

Front Desk Staff were very helpful and check in was swift. They kept our luggage for us in their cloak room during our tour of India and printed our e-tickets.

The rooms: The deluxe room was quite compact with a comfortable double bed with plump pillows and crisp bedding. There was a very handy in room iron and iron board, kettle and tea/coffee/milk sachets, a LCD TV, a concrete balcony (which we didn’t access for security fears so we kept it locked), UK compatible 3 pin switches and 1 bathrobe (?).
The Business Class room was the same as above, slightly bigger and had twin beds, no balcony but a veranda type thing which we didn’t access.

The bathroom in the deluxe room could have done with a bit of TLC, the mirror was damaged and the shower cubicle door wouldn’t seal close, so there was a puddle of water after we showered. There were many complimentary goodies which were replenished everyday. The worst thing about the bathroom was the towels – they were grey, spikey and knackered! We got Housekeeping to find us better ones!

Important: Do not take a room next to the service rooms (at the end of the corridor). We couldn’t sleep all night as servicemen slammed the door every 5 minutes throughout the night. We complained about this the next day and were promised that we won’t be disturbed, the situation improved but we could still hear people talking!

In room service: Complimentary water bottles everyday, Free wifi in the room was a Godsend, great for emailing, Facebook and Whatsapp. Whenever I had a problem with connectivity, the IT guy would come straight over to fix it. Complimentary cookies were sent to the room every afternoon. We ordered room service on one night (about 12am), the food was good but took nearly 45 minutes to be delivered.

Breakfast is served in one of the restaurants and is a good way to get you started for the day. They had a good choice of Indian dishes. For continental they had mini chicken sausages, bacon, toast, yoghurt, muffins and fairy cakes which were very nice. Fresh fruits like oranges/apples/bananas/papaya and melons are also served. You can also order omelets, dosas and uthapams. All were very good and were made to order. They serve canned juices which I found disappointing, however when we inquired about fresh juices they said they would arrange it and brought it to our table. The servicemen could do with a bit more training; ordering a cup of tea took 3 attempts, in the end we made it ourselves. Overall everything was good.

Verdict: No fluffy towels, no grand porch or lobby but at the price The Radisson is clean, safe and very good value for money in the heart of Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Radisson Marina in Connaught Place was the most convenient hotel I have stayed in during my visits to Delhi. Walk out of the door and you are in the bustle of the centre of shopping, yet inside it is tranquil. Rooms are very comfortable with powershower, luxury toiletries, bathrobes and plenty of pillows in a comfy bed. Staff were welcoming and the breakfast selection was great. I'll be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in mid-November 2012. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was fairly large and gave plenty of hot water. The hotel itself is hard to spot from the outside, as it blends in with the shops around. Inside, it is lovely. The breakfast buffet was very good. The location of the hotel is terrific! I easily walked to the many shops all around Connaught Place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerChristina
Nishantradisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012