“Excellent place to stay for Business and Leisure”

Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
Ranked #109 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Dibrugarh, India
“Excellent place to stay for Business and Leisure”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Radisson Marina location is right at the centre of New Delhi. Very close to CP and conveniently located from the New Delhi Railway Station.One can take the Metro to International Airport very easily from here by walking down along the Hanuman Mandir Road towards Regal Cinema. Excellent ambience,quick check in and great menu in the complimentary breakfast.Would recommmend this hotel for business as well as leisure.

Room Tip: Take a Room facing the Road which gives you a airy feel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nishantradisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in New Delhi, it is always a pleasure having you with us.

My team is very encouraged by your feedback regarding their service. Indeed, we do work hard to deliver the best stay experience for all our guests. We are also delighted that our breakfast buffet is a highlight during your stays with us.

I look forward to meet you in person and welcome you back at Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place on your next visit to Delhi.

Regards,

Nishant Singh
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed from 12 to 16-June'12 (04-nights). The positives, willing to help, housekeeping very good, staff well mannered, breakfast was decent
The negatives, had dinner only on 12.06.12. The Butter Chicken was far below expectation. The restaurant staff needs to be called for anys ervice requirement. They just serve and vanish. Overall restaurant experience was poor. Never had meals again at the restaurant during my stay. There are much better restauranta at Connaught Place at a lesser price. The ongoing construction work at the entrance area of the hotel made it very dusty. The otehr difficulty was at the time of making the reservation over the phone and it required the intervention of the duty manager to sort it out. The duty manager did a very good job

Room Tip: Please check the hotel website, online room tariff and other details and preferably reservations ov...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KunalBanerjee
Kanathur, India
Reviewed July 4, 2012

A well located hotel in the heart of Delhi. You get to finish all your work which is well within reach. You have the advantage of the metro to reach the airport and also come into the city from the airport which is a boon in terms of sitting int he taxi and also in terms of costing.
The hotel serves good food at the coffee shop and restaurant. The rooms recently done up, but could have been better. Since the building is old, the appeal is poor from outside and added to the public works dept which has created more mess.
The service int the restaurant, front office was good, but house keeping needs a little attention. patches on the wall and need some life to brighten the rooms.

Room Tip: No great views on both sides and its a lengthy long structured building.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Pune, India
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed in Radisson Marina hotel at New Delhi few days back for two days. The location is good but the entrance to the hotel is disgusting. As Radisson has bought a property of some old hotel which is centrally located at Connaught Place, i even could not locate where the hotel was when arrived late night. Thanks for the taxi guy who managed to find the entrance. The hotel rooms are okay not a very good one compared to the price they charge which is equivalent to a 4 star hotel in Mumbai. Amazing to see the prices just for location and nothing else.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend any room as all are almost similar round the building. I stayed in Suite which wa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and found the outside of the hotel looked unappealing and unwelcoming however once you are inside it’s a different story. The hotel looks recently refurbished in the public areas. Bedrooms are OK nothing on the wow here some are internal which a friend stayed in and thought these could be claustrophobic for some. The carpet leading to the rooms looks revolting! The surrounding areas of the hotel are very central close to the subway but they really need to finish off the street works. Good breakfast

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I managed to get a web special at a really good price when I booked, at this hotel, and when checking in discovered why.
The hotel is pretty much worn out and old. It needs a serious revamp and is also in the middle of a huge construction site in the Connaught Place area. My feeling is that the hotel should have closed whilst all the work was going on around it. The food was very average. The location could be quite nice if not for the mess caused by the construction.
I found he staff to be quite arrogant, and when I sent a complaint to Radisson, it was not very well delt with at all.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob_DM

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Tokyo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed from 8 to 11 May 2012 on my first trip to India. GPS coordinates are N28 38.004 E077 13.019, but Google Maps does not appear to be accurate.

Overall, the property and stay were very good. Would recommend to others on vacation or business in Delhi. It is approximately a 3 minute walk from Rajiv Chowk metro station (exit 8)---Line 2 (Yellow). Upon walking up the stairs (no ramp, escalator, or obvious elevator), from exit 8, you will see a road dividing Section A and Section B. The hotel is located on section G which is directly behind Section A. Connaught Place is a circle with an inner and outer ring. Clockwise the inner ring is A thru F, and the outer ring is G thru M. Learned this the hard way when I walked the entire inner circle with my luggage because I thought Section G would be next to Section F.

As mentioned in other posts, the entrance to the hotel is on the ground floor. There was at least one security guard to x-ray my luggage or camera bag each time I entered the property, but they did not seem to care or notice that I was walking around their airport style metal detector. Reception is on the second floor accessible via stairs or elevator. There is no obvious signing to the hotel, so if you have walked more than 5 minutes from the metro station, stop and get directions.

Checked in at approximately 20:00, and it was delayed by a few minutes. Room was clean, modern, with an easy to control air conditioner. Could hear hallway noise and when you are in the hallway, room noise—conversations, TV, coughing—could easily be heard. Wall mounted LCD had maybe 3 or 4 English channels (BBC, Discovery, and Star Movies). Free WiFi was available using a provided password. It was relatively fast and stable. Sometimes I could watch Netflix on my IPad and other times I could not, so I would expect the same performance from Skype.

Provided one free 1 liter bottle of water each day. I requested an extra 2 bottles per day and was not charged. That was a pleasant surprise instead of trying to nickel and dime me to death. Two sugar cookies were provided each day in the room. Over 3 days, I found a single ant in my room each day. Two in the bathroom and one walking across the bed. From the first time I walked into the room and each time I returned after being out all day, there was a definite sewage odor in the bathroom. Am not a plumber, but I have faced this situation in Japan, China, Kuala Lumpur, and the Middle East at very nice hotels. It has something to do with the floor drain getting dry and allowing odors to travel up the pipes. Once I ran water down the sink drain, the odor went away. If I had been a first time traveler, I would have called the front desk.

On my second and third days, I experienced rolling blackouts. On the second day, the power went off at least 10 times for up to 1 minute at a time, then return as if nothing happened. There was a flashlight in the nightstand, but I recommend have a small LED flashlight in your carry-on for this exact situation. If I any of my electronic gear had been plugged in, I would have immediately unplugged them to prevent possible damage when the powered resumed.
Ate 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner, and 1 late lunch at the hotel’s 24hr restaurant. Standard hotel quality menu with something for everybody. Everything was OK—not bad, but not good, either. For breakfast ordered eggs at the omelet station and they were way under cooked to the point that I changed eating utensils after cutting into the eggs to reduce chances of food poisoning. At dinner I ordered mutton kebabs and nan, and they were OK. At my late lunch, I ordered fish and chips. Found a hair in the tartar sauce, and just made me lose what little appetite I had.

Wrote some postcards and needed to buy stamps. Asked young man at the front desk, he asked another staff member who directed us to the Travel Desk. Travel Desk called a manager to answer my question. Had already been told the location by a shop keeper and just wanted confirmation. Glad I did not ask from something extremely complicated.

Regular check out is 1200, but they offered late check out at 1600 for no additional charge. Check out was easy and checked my bags because my flight was not until 0200 the next morning. I used the extra time to explore Connaught Place. Caught the Airport Express to and from New Delhi Station which cost 80 rupee ($1.40 USD) each way. New Delhi Station is 2 stops away on the yellow line.

Had to catch a 0615 train from New Delhi Railway Station to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal. Arranged for a car thru the hotel, and it cost 400 rupee ($7.11 USD). It is not very far, but allow extra time because of the traffic.

My only other recommendation is to have as many small bills as possible. Everytime I tried to break a 1000 rupee note ($17 USD), it was very difficult. Even at the major tourist sites, nobody seemed to have change, but they would be happy to take your larger bill and not provide you change.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo