“Excellent service”

Shangri-La's Eros Hotel
Ranked #30 of 721 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 17, 2014

HI i visited this place just for a tea & food stuff
place where i had my food had a view of whole lobby
i had an sandwich & tea, picked up desert from the counter
food was good & yes service was excellent
people greeted me made me feel comfortable .. my server
aman was really friendly & helpful suggested me stuff, before my check i was been asked about food and all
A REALLY NICE PLACE TO GO FOR..

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Farhat J, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine at our Lobby Lounge.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the tea and appetizers served and relished the dessert chosen from the patisserie - Uno2Go.

We are also happy to know that you appreciated the suggestions given by the server and appreciated the Lobby Lounge service.

Your encouraging comments have been shared with the team and we look forward to having you dine with us again at Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Probably one of the nicest hotels in New Delhi. We've stayed at a number of 5 stars and this is a good one. We stayed in a suite and it was an exceptional room, recommend to anyone who wants to experience elegance. Staff is second to none.

My wife and I give it a 4 because of the food. Food we ate at the buffet dinner and breakfast and the quality of. Te non indian dishes was way off mark. They resemble western or eastern dishes but lack authentic taste. My wife is East Indian and I am American, she says the indian dishes were at best mediocre. Management said they had imported a new western chef, maybe he needs more time to straighten out the kitchen, so give it a try if you like.

Room Tip: The suites are incredible and well worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi and for sharing your valuable comments with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us and enjoyed our hospitality and services.

We are also glad to learn that you found your suite elegantly appointed and loved our staff's responsiveness.

Your constructive observation about the food spread at the All Day Dining restaurant - Cafe Uno has been well noted and will be reviewed on priority.

If your travels bring you back to New Delhi, we hope that you would choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My Over all Experience was very good . I Usedto stay at Shanri La. This was probably my 15th Visit / Stay at Shangri La Delhi during this calender year. With time I am getting quite comfitable staying.

Room Tip: Excellent & most comfirtable stay
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your encouraging and wonderful comments with us.

We are pleased to hear that we have consistently been able to delight you with our hospitality and services.

Glad to hear that you have always had a pleasant experience while staying with us and felt at 'home' at the hotel.

We value your patronage towards Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi and look forward to your continued support.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had an enjoyable stay at the Shangri La and were looked after by some wonderful staff. I would like to mention Subas, Ron, Vicky, Shekhar, Sing, Naveen, Hrishikesh, Nitin, Manbir and Ashish. Their exceptional warmth and knowledge made our stay very pleasant. Our review is well worth the 5 stars for these people alone. I work in a customer service industry so I am very aware when staff 'go that extra mile'. A few negatives I would like to mention would be the Café Uno Manager who lacks warmth towards guests and staff. This must be addressed as it was very obvious there was an arrogance towards his staff which made us uncomfortable! The horizon floor is very nice with a good choice of food and drinks. I have mentioned a couple of names on the Horizon floor who went of of their way to give excellent service but more warmth and communication is definitely required from other staff on this floor. We were there for 11 days and every night it was the same couple of people who went out of their way to speak with us.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time out and for sharing your frank and forthright comments with us.

We are pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay experience at Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi and enjoyed our hospitality and services.

We are also happy to hear that you loved the warmth extended by some of our service associates at the Front Office and the Horizon Club Lounge who made you feel at home during your stay.

Glad to know that you appreciated the choice of food and beverages served at our exclusive Horizon Club Lounge.

Your constructive observation about our staff members at the All Day Dining restaurant - Cafe Uno has been duly noted and shall be reviewed on priority as a training need going forward.

If your travels bring you back to New Delhi, we would be delighted to welcome you again to your 'home' at Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Apologies for writing. I wanted to bring an incident to your notice which I encountered last week during my visit to your hotel.

We are running an event management company in New Delhi & was visiting the setup of our event. Luckily it was our colleagues birthday as so we decided to have some tit bits in hotel to celebrate his birthday, So we decided to dine in your restaurant. When I was leaving from hotel and gave my valet card to the valet, he came back saying the car is not starting, So I went to the parking to check and found the battery of my car was dead, hence in order to start the car we needed an another car for us to connect through that car and start my car or else we need to push it to try starting it. Unfortunately the car pushing idea did not work. So I asked your hotel staff if they can arrange an another car to plug my car connection into it. It was hardly a matter of few seconds. They called their manager (JAMES) to the parking. To our utmost surprise instead of assisting us he started arguing & shouting on us.

I am giving the details of entire incident below:

1- I came to hotel on 8th JULY 2014 midnight.
2- After completing the event on 9th JULY 2014 at 10:30 PM i came back to the valet parking where this incident happened.
3- I want you to give him a thorough brief that we are from the Service industry.

I would request to kind intervention into this matter so the same circumstances are not encountered by any other guest visiting your hotel. Feel free to reach me should you require any clarification from our side.

Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels
2  Thank sumit s
Farhat J, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi.

As stated earlier as well in my mail to you , we have noted your frank and forthright feedback regarding the experience with your car and your subsequent interactions with our service associates at the hotel and we sincerely apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by the incident.

I have taken up the matter with James at the Concierge very strongly and he joins me in conveying our deepest regrets to you.

It is our constant and sincere endeavour to provide the best of services to our guests at all times and this experience is not typical of our otherwise high standards of service and we sincerely hope that you will treat this incident in isolation and not let it affect your relationship with us.
We also appreciate and thank you choosing Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi for your colleague's birthday celebration.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and experience the true Shangri-La hospitality.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Friendly staff and amazing facilities. Rooms were some of the most comfortable I've ever stayed in. Location was great and I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I return to New Delhi. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Farhat J, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your kind words of appreciation with us. We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay experience at Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi.

We are also glad to know that you found the hotel centrally located with a pleasant ambience, comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

Your wonderful comments have been shared with the entire team and we would be delighted to welcome you again on your next visit to New Delhi.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Those of you who are unfortunate enough to read my reviews will know that I am a fan of the Shangri-la chain of hotels and my recent stay in their New Delhi property only confirmed my belief that it is hard to find better. I might even say that I now consider them superior to Four Seasons and thats saying something.

This is a large imposing property and provides service typical of the Chain. It’s very hard to fault really – everything Shangri La is here from the neat red uniformed lady staff (in saris) to the friendly efficient meet and greet service to people always trying to help.

Because of the low value of the Indian Rupee against international currencies, it is very good value at the moment so if worth booking a room upgrade if that’s what takes your fancy.
Comment on the room is pointless because it has everything that Shang offer around the world and Wireless internet is free fast and efficient.

For eating, I only used the Uno coffee shop and the exec. lounge – the a la carte service in the former being slightly below maximum speed but friendly and efficient with a wide choice of food.

The exec. lounge was as usual for Shang – excellent.

I have absolutely no complaints – the other hotels in New Delhi would need to be good to be better than this.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Pay extra and get a Horizon Club room for the use of the Lounge.
2  Thank Johnindee

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi as your preferred hotel in New Delhi and for your wonderful comments.
We are delighted to know that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations with our hospitality and services and provide you the true Shangri-La experience.
We are also happy to hear that you found the hotel well appointed as per Shangri-La's global standards with warm and welcoming staff with pleasant disposition.
Glad to hear that you loved the room decor with all the signature amenities, the provision of complimentary high speed internet access and enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Cafe Uno and the Club Lounge privileges.

Your delightful comments have been shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to your 'home' at Shangri-La.