After spending nights mainly in low cost hotels while backpacking, I wanted to book a luxury hotel for me and my boyfriend for the New Year. I found a good deal from the Internet for two nights at Shangri-La's Eros -hotel. I was a bit afraid of how the staff would react and treat us, because we looked quite weary... They welcomed us very friendly, and treated us well. The hotel is very fancy, and I can imagine that it has been one of the most luxurious hotels in the world back in the days. Our room was spacious, clean and decorated nicely. The hotel has a good location, but walking around was quite difficult because of the traffic. We mainly used taxis for moving around, but remembered to be very careful with them. You always need to make sure that a taxi has a working meter and it's legal, otherwise you will get into trouble... On the New Year's Eve we decided to stay in our hotel room and order food & wine from the room service. The food was pretty good though the price didn't meet the value. We also tried the hotel's buffet dinner & breakfast, which were definitely worth the money. We enjoyed our stay in the hotel, and I can recommend it especially for couples because of the romantic atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a hotel nestled in the heart of the city, Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi is well appointed to suit your needs. Situated in Connaught Place and facing the Parliament, the hotel is in close proximity to most of the popular tourist attractions such as India Gate, National Museum, Humayun's Tomb, Rashtrapati Bhavan and government offices like North Block, South Block and the government ministries. Offering 320 luxuriously furnished guest rooms and suites, the rooms on the higher floor feature panoramic views of the city, which can also be enjoyed from the Horizon Club Lounge. Spoilt for choice the guests are presented with a variety of sumptuous cuisines at the All Day Dining restaurant - Tamra which offers extensive spreads of Italian, Continental, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Thai. In addition, to this there are 4 more outlets scheduled to be opened soon. Equipped with state of the art recreational facilities the Health Club and The Spa at Shangri-La are designed to pamper the business and leisure travelers with a host of exciting therapies and fitness activities to relax and rejuvenate the mind and body. Overlooking the lush manicured terrace, the Shangri-La Ballroom is an ideal venue for important meetings and banquet celebrations to cater to your business requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Shangrila Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi