I have stayed at this hotel on 2 occasions , the hotel is neat , comfortable and convenient .Most staff are courteous and efficient and understand good customer service .....you would be impressed with their service , unfortunately I cannot say the same for the staff at the reception , I recall in 2011 after landing at 2 in the morning after a long international flight having an argument with the manager at reception who was rude and arrogant , nothing much has changed since than , on checking in you are requested a copy of your passport yet they still seem to make a mistake on your name and surname to the extent that every time you sign a bill to your room you are told that this room is not booked in your name , and the waiter thinks that you are trying to be deceitful .
The cherry on the top was this evening when I approached a staff member at the reception desk this evening 21/12/13 to enquire if I could have or a sandwich the following day as I was catching a flight the following day and would be missing breakfast ...........the staff member was rude and arrogant and choose to insult me as a paying guest" one of his comments to me among others was "nothing is free in this world as you mentioned "it is quite clear that some of your staff at the reception is not adequately trained to deal with guests .
I had just visited the Trident Hotel in Mumbai prior to visiting your property and can assure you that my experience was very different and I regret my choice in Delhi .
Please note that most staff at the Shangri La Eros are efficient and will go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one , this hotel is fantastic hotel ......but the rude staff member has left a made taste in my mouth .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the premier business and commercial district, Connaught Place. Within close proximity to Parliament, Central government & key corporate offices, the iconic India Gate, Janpath- the shopping helm of Delhi city center. The hotel's new rooms provide fresh and contemporary stay experience with unique design offerings New Delhi's sole split level Horizon Club Lounge offers panoramic views of the city's historic district with exceptional service to discerning guests. Guests can indulge in varied culinary experiences such as our iconic Shang Palace and the hot spots of Delhi – Tamra, Grappa and Sorrento over looking lush green gardens & private dining. Our opulent ballroom and multiple meeting spaces with natural light and adjoining open terrace makes the hotel a preferred choice Our world renowned Chi, The Spa, the first in New Delhi, uses natural products to provide revitalizing and therapeutic experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Shangrila Hotel