“Overall good stay”

Ranked #20 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Overall good stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Overall a good stay. The rooms are looking tired and somewhat dated but are generally ok and comfortable (they don't have any kind of wow factor). But the lobby area is vibrant and quite pretty with dramatic, colourful flower displays. The hotel has a good energy / vibe. Service is fantastic from every member of staff. Breakfast is very good. I used the salon for some wash and blowdry s and they did a great job. The location is great - a lush area of the city near connaught place and the embassies.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ShangrilaDelhi, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your valuable time to highlight your comments, as it is only with guest feedback that we can improve upon our services. We will surely communicate your comments with our colleagues and take all the necessary steps to improve them further.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments.
The entire team at Shangri-La's -Eros hotel, New Delhi looks forward to welcoming you back.

Your Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is one of the lower end of the Shangri-la chain in my opinion, but still is a great location. Some of the puzzle pieces do fit as well so to speak, but you can see them trying. Restaurant is good, but not great. One note, the spa is awesome, and is potentially on elf the best I've ever had the pleasure to use. Serene, intimate and exceptional level of customer service.
Overall still a Shangri-La quality stay, but a bit less so than some of the flagship locations. I'd return!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

ShangrilaDelhi, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Excellent stay and facilities ,
Very good location
All confirms to international standards ,
Excellent breakfast at cafe and very good services in lounge.staff behavior was very good and polite.
Everything excellent

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My visit to shangri-la's eros hotel, new delhi was such a pleasant surprise. I came to attend a medical conference at the hotel's ballroom, which was quite magnificient and opulent with beautiful chandeliers and interiors in warm earthy colours. The food served in the buffet was really good with quite a variety of options for vegetarians and non vegetarians. Since we were completely stuffed by the end of the conference dinner,we didn't get a chance to try their restaurants but will definitely be going back soon. On the way out we peeked into the island bar and took a peek at the menu, the music, ambiance and wine list are great for an evening out. Great hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at the Shangri-La's Eros hotel in New Delhi for 3 days during a business trip in April. The hotel is large and airy and the staff are all extremely friendly.
Although the communal areas of the hotel and rooms are all extremely clean I had to make a request for the bathroom floor to be cleaned again. It was a black marble/granite and weirdly left black dirty marks all over the bottom of my feet and slippers. Consequently the sheets and floor of the bath looked filthy! This was sorted however and there were no the problems during the stay.
The hotel offers a variety of restaurants to dine in, but if you should wish to eat out, the concierge will make recommendations. It was very easy to get a taxi and drive to other restaurants in the city (mainly situated in other hotels). You could walk to other hotels from here but I wouldn't recommend it and as we were a group of women we felt safer to get taxis everywhere.
Hotell is definitely recommended and we will continue to use it for for company trips but I probably wouldn't stay here on a personal trip as it felt a bit too 'business-like' for my personal taste, although the pool side was very nice to spend a few hours beside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A great hotel with a wonderful location. I went with my mother and sister in June 2012. We booked one room with a king bed and an extra cot for 3 nights. The room was very clean, the decor and lighting created a warm ambiance.

The washroom was well maintained, with all the needed amenities (that guests usually forget) provided! I really enjoyed the fact that the hotel carried L'Occitane as their shampoo/conditioner line, it's one of my favourite beauty products.

The services provided were amazing. With 3 females in one room, we were bound to run out of something. As such, we did run out of shampoo at one point, we notified the staff and they were given to us within a reasonable time frame (5 minutes). As well, the hotel staff was extremely friendly and courteous to all our needs.

The food selection at breakfast was amazing - I don't think I've ever enjoyed a breakfast meal in my entire life until I ate their breakfast selection here! The staff at breakfast were so welcoming, making conversation as I picked up my items.

However, we ran into a problem the second day when I saw that I was missing 1000 rupee bill in my wallet that I had left in the room that day. We did of course, make a clear concern to the staff and management, however nothing was done to accommodate the loss. This is the reason for giving the hotel a 4/5.

Despite the money situation, I will be coming back here for sure! The services, the food, the reasonable rates, the overall atmosphere and even the view just made my experience a great one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ShangrilaDelhi, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first experience with Shangri-la and it was amazing. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are well maintained and clean. They have a great breakfast spread and a great hotel staff. Hotel is centrally located in Delhi , which makes commuting to places around very easy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

ShangrilaDelhi, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your valuable time to highlight your comments, as it is only with guest feedback that we can improve upon our services. We will surely communicate your positive comments with our colleagues and take all the necessary steps to improve them further.