Delhi was the last stop in our tour of northern India. Having stayed in many Shangri La hotels across Asia we were looking forward to some luxury on arrival at Delhi. We were allocated Room 301. If you are given this room, refuse it. It was noisy from lifts, the restaurant below, outside traffic and the emergency generator when the power cuts occurred. Next morning we asked to be moved, having not slept. We took an upgrade room which we were asked to pay extra for. After intervention from our travel company, Le Passage to India,this was resolved. It would not have left such a bitter taste if the hotel had offered the upgrade rather than have outside intervention but not to be.As for the rest, the hotel is lovely but a bit tired. Staff in the restaurant were poor, and compared to the service we had encountered across the rest of India, they seemed to lack training and supervision.
Overall, a disappointing end to our Indian holiday. Fortunately, we are now in Bangkok Shangri La where they do understand what makes a 5 star hotel which the Delhi Shangri La clearly does not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the premier business and commercial district, Connaught Place. Within close proximity to Parliament, Central government & key corporate offices, the iconic India Gate, Janpath- the shopping helm of Delhi city center. The hotel's new rooms provide fresh and contemporary stay experience with unique design offerings New Delhi's sole split level Horizon Club Lounge offers panoramic views of the city's historic district with exceptional service to discerning guests. Guests can indulge in varied culinary experiences such as our iconic Shang Palace and the hot spots of Delhi – Tamra, Grappa and Sorrento over looking lush green gardens & private dining. Our opulent ballroom and multiple meeting spaces with natural light and adjoining open terrace makes the hotel a preferred choice Our world renowned Chi, The Spa, the first in New Delhi, uses natural products to provide revitalizing and therapeutic experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Shangrila Hotel