“Another excellent stay”

Shangri-La's Eros Hotel
Ranked #30 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Checked in at the Shangri La’s Eros Delhi on 29th June, 3rd July and 5th July 2012 for one night stays on each of the dates.

Had stayed at Shangri La last year and was impressed with everything. This year was picked up from Delhi Airport on each of the stays and really impressed with the service. Met at the arrivals not only by the taxi driver but someone else from the hotel who had my room key ready – a very nice touch. As part of the service there was no check-in as such – keep this up.

On two occasions went for the update to the Horizon Club and found the service to be well thought out. The Horizon Club suite is an excellent area to work in with all the piece and quite. The complementary wireless across the hotel is excellent – as yet have never had a lost connection. A nice touch at the second and third stay was a note from the Manager welcoming me and making Shangri La ‘home from home’. Another nice touch on each stay was a bowl of fruit and pastries left in the room.

Still found everything to an extremely high standard. Checks out went smoothly each time.
If one is looking for a high standard hotel, I would strongly recommend the Shangri La.

Room Tip: It is worth upgrading as the additional services offered are very good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice stay, great bed and pillows.
Clean hotel and great staff, very helpful, we arrived at 6:00 am, they had our rooms ready by 8:00 am. Wifi connection is really good, no extra charge as in most hotels we stayed at. Breakfast buffet is really good, excellent variety but a bit pricey.
Nice spa, really good massages, great after a long day in New Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for three nights at the begining of October. We had booked a Horizon Club room but were upgraded to a suite for almost the same price. The hotel is old, but as I understood, it is on their refurbishing list. Lobby is already renovated, I believe. The Suite we were given wasn't as big as other Shangri-las suites (for instance Abu Dhabi or Kuala Lumpur). The bathroom especially was a bit cramped, with a really tiny tub. But otherwise a very comfortable and cozy suite, situated at the end of the hall, so not noisy and with a really nice city view, we could even see India Gate. Gym and pool are nice, spa is also nice, good massages and not expensive at all for a Shangri- la (less than 100 Euros for a ninty minutes hot stone therapy). The hot stone therapy is lovely indeed, and so is the four-hands massage. Restaurants are good, both of them, the Oriental Avenue (serving Japanese, Chinese and Thai food) does have some renowned chefs. The other restaurant, Caffe Uno is also good, serving Western and Indian food, both buffet and a la carte style. In room dining was also nice, enough variety. The Island bar at the lobby level has really great service, really well-trained waiters. I didn't particularly like the decor of this bar, I mean the part where the actual bar is situated is ok, even nice, but the part where the tabels are is outdated and of bad taste, it really needs refurbishing. Other than that it has a good selection of wines
and spirits and great finger food. Staying at a suite we had free admission to the Horizon Club Lounge at the top floor. Staff was nice here, too, but they need to refurbish this lounge, it's obviously old, from the carpets to the walls. I must say the breakfast was not of a great variety, though, compared to other Shangri-las. Mainly Indian dhals and very basic Western food. All in all it was a beautiful experience for me, I found Delhi (both New Delhi and Old Delhi) very interesting, enjoyable and with really warm, always smiling people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband had to travel a lot to India this year for work, and the company had appointed Shangri La as the hotel to stay in. The company had been using this hotel for last 1 year!... This time I joined him for a month long trip with our 3 yr old son. My husband was busy with work and I would spend time with family or just enjoy the facilities at the hotel.

Let me start by saying that the hotel though old offers excellent facilities!... The room might be little old, but it is renovated well, and is kept very clean!! The staff met us and discussed our need with us as we were staying with a kid for a long period of time... My only request was a little larger room.. and within hours a larger room was arranged for us... and the staff actually helped me with the move!!!... right from the guards to the room attendants to the managers, chef and even waiters... everyone was happy to help with a smile.. and after a few days remembered us all by our names!!!! ... remembered my favourite foods... and even offered to make food for us out if the menu!

They understood that my son was a little choosey food wise, so I actually gave them the recipe written on piece of paper... and the chef would prepare the meal for him with love! I thoroughly enjoyed all the care and pampering!

I remember that one evening me and my son were out by the pool, and I ordered some snack for him... I had ordered french fries for him (though he loved potato wedges more).. as that was on menu. The Dining Manager recognised me and actually came to ask me f I wanted wedges instead... "as my son liked it more!!".... I was really touched by the gesture and personalised service!!!

Coming to food... the breakfast spread is excellent!!! a lot of lovely food right from traditional indian to continental and asian! ... the coffee shop offers excellent cakes and delights and the in room dining menu is also very good!! .... you can even request for healthier preparation of food and the chef is happy to help!

The health club is nice and clean. I used their services for make up and other beauty treatment... everything was just excellent!!!! ... I was very happy with my make up!

I must say that the positive attitude, helpfulness and personal attention to needs by staff and management had made our stay very very comfortable. I will always want to stay at a Sangrila Property given a chance!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Vaishali B
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Five star experience. All staff were extremely helpful and curtious. The breakfast had a great range to choose from and didn't just cater to westerners. There was a private event on when we arrived and this didn't interfere with us being attended to and weekend thought he music was quite loud in the lobby it was not noticeable in or room and did not have a negative impact on our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The staff, with two exceptions, were all very helpful and informed.Check-in was not well handled. The bedroom, as I recall from a precious visit was musty smelling and rather old fashioned in appearance. There was no separate shower.TV in room is fixed, which means it can only be viewed from one position. The lifts were playing up on a couple of days that casues some delay. The room servicing was effective and thorough. The Horizon Club was generaly good but scope for more proactive service at times. Food was of excellent quality in choice. I can recommend the "19 Oriental Restaurant" with its parallel menus in Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisines. The lower ground Cafe was good but I recommend you check the white wine is served chilled as this does not seem to the regular practice for some reason. A safe choice but room for improvement in accommodation infrastructure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Excellant location.right in the heart of Delhi.First thing that hit me was how courteous the staff was.A pretty girl led me to my room and was polite and helpful. even the room service guys were extremely polite.

The rooms are nice.So are the bathrooms.The Toiletries smell nice so no need to bring your own.The bathroom is well equipped and i doubt u would need to bring anything of your own.The sheer amount of extra towels available was comforting..The shower is good with the hot/cold sensitivity at just the right ratio.All the basic amenities that you would expect from a good hotel room are here.

The food is allright.I ordered indian for lunch and Continental for dinner. The Daal was good and so was the Aalu Puri (tasty) the Dosa was spewing oil. At night,The penne was avoidable and the Salad with bacon was barely ok. the indian desserts is where in room dining shines (though avoid the tiramisu). The Ras Malai and especially the Paan Kullfi are a must try.

The view from my tenth floor room was fantastic.I could see indian gate and most of the skyline in the diplomatic area.Bang opposite was the swimming pool of le meridien.No mermaid spotting occured.

Good hotel.Though it's a bit pricey.If you need to be in and around the area then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Take the room as high as possible.I took a room on the tenth floor 1016, the last room in the corrid...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business