“Great for the price”

Ranked #439 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
All over
“Great for the price”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed in a budget room. Very clean, hot water with good pressure, soft bed. Very friendly and helpful staff made our stay in Delhi great. No restaurant but they do have room service for which the prices looked reasonable.
Overall very good for the low price

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A true old school backpackers hotel (not with the meeting areas and dirty hippies, with the cheap rates). I had a budget room which literally had enough room for me to walk around the bed an nothing more. I decided to stay because the price was very low and I figured how much time would I be there.
The staff for my first two days was really really nice and happy and smiling and helpful. The change of staff on check out, however, was a red flag. The reception man was simply ARGUING with me (think he had a chip on his shoulder about his English ability - and when I didn't understand him it became an attack on ME).

Another problem - as smoking in rooms is evidently allowed, on my second night I woke up sneezing like crazy - my bathroom and the three scandinavian girls inthe room next door shared a vent - and all of their smoking came into my room as I slept. in fact, the next day when i returned to myroom after being out - EVERYTHING smelled like smoke and you could see it hanging in the air.

I needed an iron - they had none. I orderd coffee to the room (yes! roomservice) and got milky water with a bit of brown - but they tried really hard to fix that. When the electric went out, someone came up to try to fix it, the tv, and my laptop.

So - ike i said: very friendly staff, very very inexpensive ($12, 600 rp) BUT the replacement staff - not nice, the smoking not nice.

it MIGHT be ok for you if you really need to save money.

Location- very close to train station. hard to find - it is behind another hotel on a...lane/alley.

Room Tip: They will let you see the rooms and for a small amount you can upgrade to a bigger room. i kept the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booking bouget room without A/C for 1 night to sleeping and waiting train after arrival to Delhi by aircraft. Hotel location is good 20 km from airport and 1 km from New Delhi railway station. Room service very fast, food is testy. Room clean dont good, as a all India:-) good bouget hotel for 1-2 days.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

London
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Located in bustling Paharganj area. Cheap and clean. Staff were helpful in organizing airport pick up, and negotiating good rates for excursions that we wanted to do. Driver was trustworthy and reliable, an advantage in Delhi!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chennai
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Contaminated hot drinking water was served.Clean hotel.Check time 12 to 12pm is not ok for a middle class traveller.A name board in the main will make it easier to locate the hotel.
Staffs were quite friendly.Food service is okey

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Kolaghat, WB
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 nigh on 17 November, 2012. We stayed in Room No. 135. We were really satisfied with the amenities and services of the hotel. Believe me, this is one of the best low price hotels in New Delhi near Railway Station.
Positives: 1. Very Clean and spacious Rooms
2. 24 hour running hot water available
3. Very clean toilets with all modern facilities
4. Very fine wi-fi internet connection free of cost
5. Pleasant Reception staffs and cordial waiters
5. Quality foods, both tasty and healthy, however a bit costly
5. many others.

Negatives: Foods are very costly, however, quality of food is very good

I would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet good and spacious, We stayed in Room No. 135.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ahmedabad
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights and had some horrible experiences. Room was big but didnt do the room cleaning everyday. I took my own heater for which they charged me Rs 250 per night extra which were not mentioned anywhere not on clear trip nor in the hotel.They told me about the charges on the 6th night and didnt let me choose whether i want to use the services not. I had to pay for it...Towels are dirty linens are not clean..Food it takes them atleast 35 mins to serve after you order and in there morning pick hours over an hour...Dont take your room on the ground floor as there is a lot of noise at the reception area by the employees seating over there...Arakashan Road is full of hotels and i think there were better hotels on the same street..Towels are dirty linens are not clean..The best part of the hotel was WIFI speed..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business