“mediocre”

Ranked #382 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
rome
“mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

the room was fine, AC worked. TV cut out often, as did internet. the worst part was the food, which was dirty. a dead bug floating at the top of the milk for tea, and no one noticed? also an ant crawled into the open sugar bowl as a porter was givign me the tray. he crushed it with his finger into the sugar itself, then picked it out and flicked it on the ground. this exemplifies the standard. also i added an extra night (couldnt be bothered to find a new hotel for one night) and the receptionist refused to tell me the price of the room for a night, even when i pressed him, until he'd found out how much i agreed to pay online. i said, ''If I'd just walked in off the street, I'd like to know what would be the price for a room for a night?'' and he simply, and completely, ignored me (and refused to make eye contact). This kind of treatment is totally unacceptable and made me feel very uncomfortable.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rebeKRome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raipur, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

Worst hotel staff ever. They promise to book a standard room. But, when you arrive they inform the unavailability of standard rooms. They ask to pay for superior rooms. The reception staff is very rude. While booking they never informed us about the Check in time, even though I had clearly mentioned several times, my arrival on morning. After you reach the hotel they speak about the rules & availability. Horrible people. They know how to cheat people. Humble request not to ever visit the Hotel, even if it offers for free.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashbans

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed in a family room with wife and two daughtersin the hotel for 6 days bttween 18th feb and 27th feb 2011.Although the location is not good being near Railway station the rooms were good ,reasonably clean and the service was excellant.Food was costly however but tolerable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank phlacharya
madrid
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

I just can say that I strongly recommend this hotel. I had a very good experience there. It was clean, staff was very helpful, location is great ( very near New Delhi train station ). I went to Agra just for a day and they kept my luggage in a safe place so that I didn´t have to carry it around. Transportation from the airport was free, just make sure to book in advance.

It´s not very noisy either, but it´s better if you can book a room in a top floor.

Enjoy your stay, it´s a good place to be.

Oscar

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

Why is Kwality spelled with a "Kw"? Because if it were spelled properly, it would be false advertising. Though the location (5 minute walk to the New Delhi train station and metro stop) can't be beat, the quality of the hotel left much to be desired. Cold rooms, suspicious blankets, grotty bathrooms and a literal trickle for a shower. One of the rooms we booked for our group had a mouse and a cockroach in it. For the price, we should have booked something else.

To be fair, booking service was great, with immediate email replies to my queries. They offer airport pickup as well (for a fee). But for the headaches with our low quality rooms and the noise level in the alleyways outside, not worth it. After a day of hectic Delhi sightseeing, the last thing you want to do is return to a dirty bed and bathroom. Unless you are a backpacker on a budget (in which case you might like this place), spring a few extra bucks and just get something nicer.

(For reference, we stayed at the following places over a 2 week tour: Delhi (Hotel Kwality, 2*, Park New Delhi, 5*), Agra (Hotel Sheela, 2*), Jaipur (Hotel Pearl Palace, 4*), Jodhpur (Durag Niwas Guest House, 3*), Udaipur (Kankarwa Haveli, 5*)and Jaisalmer (Hotel Jeet Mahal, 3*).)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

I reserved a family suit for 4 people and costs Rs1800 included breakfast. The meal was good and it was room service.
We finally had hot water after asking staff to switch on the heater(30min after this). I didn't see our room on their website but I think it's quite ok for budget and if you just want somewhere to sleep for one night.
Staff let us put our luggage after check out, even opened one double room to let us use toilet before geting on the train.(washing face etc.) Though the room there is soso but the staff are really friendly.
Budget Hotel. I can't agree it anymore (but with good staff)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Depok, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

I usually booked hotel based on other reviewers in TA. I planned to have only 1 night in Delhi since I only have 3 nights to spend in India. I did several times to look up top 20 rated Delhi hotels in TA and found only (on that time) Ginger Hotels that suitable to my budget since I only need comfy bed after long trip from my country. I didn't book Ginger hotel because the booking system was so complicated and always lead to failure. After several look-up on the top rated Delhi hotels in TA, suddenly there was a hotel that placed on 12th place in Delhi (on that time); that is Kwality Hotel. I clicked it and found that the all of the 4 reviewers have favorable reviews. I was very excited that the price is affordable too and airport pick-up also included in the room rate. Actually I was little bit
suspicious since all of the 4 reviewers were never contributed in other forum nor reviews. I was getting more concerned when found out that Kwality Hotel dropped off from top 20 ranking in TA and went out to outside 100. Then...finally the time has came, and here are my honest review regarding this hotel:
Room : The standard room is quite clean eventough I found some dusts on the room. The bed is kinda hard but still acceptable. There are also Air Conditioner and Fan. The room size is average. The LCD TV didn't offer any cable channels, so it is practicable useless for foreigners since all of the channels are locals. Unfortunately, the room uses ordinary padlock and it was such waste of time to lock everytime you went outside the room. I spent 10-15 minutes to lock everytime I went outside. In overall, the room is good value considering the price, I Would say it's 3 out of 5.
Bathroom: The bathroom is surprisingly clean, considering the price and uses western toilet, not Indian one. Unfortunately the bathroom on the another room that I booked quite dirty on the flush toilet. I should gave 3 but considering the mold in the another bathroom, I would rate 2
Staff: staffs are kind of average but the good thing that I didn't find any rude staffs here. 2.5
Hotel ambience: The hotel reminds me of 70s movies that I have ever watched, and the elevator is also thrilling, probably from the same decade. 2 out of 5
Other things: The good thing about this hotel is complimentary airport pick-up which I found very helpful in this chaotic Delhi since I often heard about hassle to the foreigners and made them ended on another hotel. Unfortunately, my friend lost her scarf on the car that used for airport pick-up, I already said to the hotel to ask the driver about the scarf, but they said that the driver didn't found the scarf eventhough we knew that my friend still using her scarf when being picked up from airport. Furthermore, most of Delhi hotels provide complimentary airport pick-up so I believe that you could have better accommodation than this. 2 out of 5

In overall, it's still good value for money. Airport transfer is included in the price, clean bathroom (eventough that I found that the other room is not), etc. But I found out that I was extremely dissapointed with the first 4 reviewers that were too overrated with this hotel and they never have other contributions except on this hotel review and probably they were not independent travelers like most of other TA members. Based on this experience, probably I would consider more carefully when reading first-time reviewers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends