“Consideration, Care, Customer Satisfaction...”
Review of Smyle Inn

Smyle Inn
Ranked #18 of 1,084 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Shimla
“Consideration, Care, Customer Satisfaction...”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I have now stayed at the Smyle Inn on two different occasions, Spring & Fall, 2013. In India there is a saying, and we feel that it is appropriate here: 'Cheap & Best'!

The Interior of the facility shows a level of 'class' far above the price that you pay for a room here, which you will Rarely find in India even with higher rates paid, and which makes your stay in a 'funky' part of Delhi very nice indeed.

The location is Perfect for the traveller/tourist, as it is So close to the New Delhi Railway Station, as well as a Metro Station that can feed you into any part of the metropolis in a matter of minutes. The Staff are friendly & courteous, the Owner Harish is a gem and who will bend over backwards for you, and the facilities (2) are clean and well maintained. What else could you possibly need!? This is, and will be, our 'regular home' when we pass through Delhi as we needn't look any further, and are completely satisfied.
Thanks Harish for taking care of us!!
Robert & Grace

Room Tip: It seems that there may be two 'tiers' represented by the 2 different facilities that are Sm...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's my first time visiting Delhi, and I booked this place based on the many good reviews on tripadvisor. It's cheap, the rooms are clean and aircon-ed (this is very important). There's hot water, and service is good.

The only unpleasant thing is during the trip from airport to the hostel. I booked the pick up, but the drivers made a mistake by thinking that I arrived at the international airport (I flew from chennai, so it's domestic airport). My friends and I had to wait for almost half an hour, and worse, the driver still asked for tips! It was horrible. However, in the evening, the owner apologized for it, promised to rebuke the drivers and gave us some discount on the taxis. I guess it was just the drivers' desperate mindset of getting extra money.

The best thing about the hostel: the friendly owner who delivers good service and is trustworthy. This place is strongly recommended for backpackers or those who want to save money yet enjoy delhi. It's a good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hey Samuel,

Thanks for your review. I remember our conversation regarding the behaviour of the driver. After that we have put some checks in place to ensure that the problem does not recur.

It is our constant effort to ensure that the guests have a pleasant experience and a comfortable stay at Smyle Inn.

Remember:
As owner, I am just an email away in case anyone needs any assistance.

Hangzhou
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It is my third time visit New Delhi and the second time visit Smyle Inn, compare with two years ago, they changed a lot, no more run down interior.

Basically, they developed both wings for give more space to the customer instead of keep them in the room after siteseeing in Delhi,

Roof top terrace is my favorite place for hang out with other guests and chat.

Bath room improved a lot also, towel, soap, toilet paper, wifi could find in every room.

Great team provide all you need in Delhi and travel outside with very reasonable charges.

However, the neighbours trying to copy their business mode which made the team feel frustrated. Be honest, the accommodation business competition in Main Bazar is really serious.

Other thing I would like to say is the issue with PICK UP.
whenever you arrived in New Delhi, please ask for a Pick up as the cost is not a big issue, but the security is the point, some customer got lost when they try to reach the property by themselves, but ended up with stay some where else as the Main Bazar area with more than 300 propertis, they got scammed.

Due to the high commission other hotels offered to the scammer, they will try everything they could to lure the customer. In this case, do arrange pick up with Smyle Inn after you made the booking.

Harish, Gurvinder, Anil, and all other great staff.

I could not have such great trip to India without the support from you.

And i would definately stay with you again next time.

Dear Jarod

Thanks for your review of Smyle Inn.
We are continuously improving and upgrading our rooms, facilities and services. Its our constant effort to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests.
You have rightly mentioned the nuisance of tourist scams that begin the moment you land at the airport. That is the reason, we very strongly recommend our airport pick up facility.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

As always, we look forward to see you again.

Warm regards
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you want to experience the real Indian culture then this is a great place to stay as just outside this cosy inn is the streets of Delhi. The people who run the inn are extremely friendly and helpful! Great if your on a cheap budget and want to experience India!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I am glad that you could experience real India and enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Smyle Inn!

Chapel Hill
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The rooms at Smyle Inn are clean and we furnished. The staff is friendly and more than willing to help you book tours that are reasonably priced and provide great service compared to other hotes in the area. The breakfast is a bit smal but is sufficient enough.Overall a very good experience here and I woud recommend it to anyone looking for great service and clean rooms at a reasonable price.

Dear Guest
Thanks for your review of our Hostel in Delhi.

We try very hard to cater to the needs of a budget traveller by providing all the facilities under one roof at very affordable prices.

Thanks for recommending us to the travel community.

All the best
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very clean and modern rooms for a very reasonable price. Awesome location . Very safe Very happy with my stay. The owner harish is a really good guy. He helped me with a few problems regarding visas and passports. Loads of nice places to eat in the area. Close to metro ect.

SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks Tom for your kind words and reviews. I am glad that I could help you with your Visa issues.

Would love to have you back when you visit Delhi again.

mauritius
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm L.K It was my first time to India.Last month I booked for my 7 days stay at Smyle Inn.I was very surprise the cost of the room is a a 4 stars for the price.Clean with T.V Air con very good facility obtain from the hotel to pick from the airport.The nice breakfast with the smile of the staff Mohan every morning.Harish and Gurvinder arrange all tours to make my stay successful .Nice safety hotel in a security area.Where you all facilities transport something to eat shopping even all shops owners are very kind and friendship.All the staff gave me lots of ideas where to go shopping due to my first time in India.So I'm very thankful to Harish and Gurvinder for their advice to make my stay a success. I will not hesitate to stay there again for my next travel To New Delhi.Thanks to all the staff.L.K

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear LK,
During your stay, you were almost like family to us. It is such a great pleasure meeting good people like you. I will cherish the memories. Hope you do the same.

Do let us know when you are coming to Delhi, we will love to host you in our Hotel.

Wishing you all the best with your Happy cooking
From