Smyle Inn
$131
$125
$88
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$298
$227
$110
$82
$80
$50
  • Pool
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
$207
$185
1,065 results
All reviewsmain bazaartrain stationhot waterairport pickuptravel deskair confree breakfastbudget travellerstravel agentnice breakfastrooms are cleanfirst stopconnaught placerooftop restauranthostelpaharganjwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Firstly alot of the pics are of the second Smyle inn, close by but of a higher standard, you get to stay there if you are in top end rooms. It's down a back alleyway which is scary. I arrived at 3 am after using their airport pickup ( no complaints there), reception guy looked at my passport then demanded to keep it till check out. Told him no way!!! 9 am banging on my door saying they need to scan in a copy, I asked that they return as I was sleeping. Half an hour later they were banging again.
Plus points, travel desk in house so you can book train tickets etc, free beakfast is ok, nice bathroom but skanky bedroom.
Ask for extra blankets or you will freeze!!!
Never again!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Regarding your observation of 2 Smyle Inns, you are partially correct. Smyle Inn is one entity operating from two buildings 10 meters apart. Both are managed and run by Smyle Inn as one single unit. Hope this clears any confusion for all the prospective guests reading this response.
We have noted your concern regarding extra blankets. Please note that this year it has been exceptionally cold in winters. However if you book for an aircon room, you are ensured a heater in your room to keep you warm. Anyways, we do give extra blankets as and when requested.
Lastly would like to mention that your passport is required for at least 15 minutes for checkin purpose and we ensure that it is handled with utmost care and returned safely to the guests after checkin is complete.
Hope we have been able to address your concerns.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed for 3.5 nights and it was the first place I stayed in in India. I booked a single room and got upgraded to a double room due to availability. First night I had the room directly at the entrance, which is very noisy. Don't take that one! You won't get any sleep. Then for the other nights I got a better room. Though still noisy, I was quite content with that one.

The manager can be somewhat of a jerk. People with confirmed bookings were sent away because the hotel was overbooked, likely because they let people stay longer in the rooms when they asked for it. The person upstairs at the internet cafe, and responsible for trips is very friendly and helpful. Internet connection is very good as well.

Overall I think, for a cheap place in this part of Delhi, it was actually quite good.

Room Tip: Don't take a room downstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was the upteenth time I visited Delhi for work and as always I chose to stay in SMyle Inn.. It is just a whisker away from New Delhi Railway Station and from the Ramakrishna Aashram Marg Metro Staion. Ideally located right in the heart of Delhi this place is also very close to the uptown Connought Place high street market. They offer a decent Airport Pick up service at a reasonable price.

As always the rooms as well as the premises was absloutely clean. Espicially the bathrooms like always were spick and span. The staff is very co-operative and always willing to help. All the rooms have access to decent wifi connectivity and there is generator back-up available in case of power failure. The AC works just fine and hot water is always available.

The roof top cafe is great for a cup of coffee as well as for a quiet light dinner. For fun though the area offers a wide variety of options and pretty much every sort of cuisine is available close by. The roof top also has a computer center and the gentleman managing it is very helpful with booking flight/train tickets, print-outs etc.

Most importantly, the guests are mostly foreigners or of officer class and therefore there's never been any complaints or loud conversations / wild parties etc to disturb your sleep.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the ground floor.. They're the largest area wise...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SmyleInn, Manager at Smyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your review and kind words. It is very encouraging for us and our staff at Smyle Inn. We are glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one and do hope to see you again.
Thanks again for your review.
Smyle Inn (Owner)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The airport pickup worked like a clockwork. I was pretty impressed. It is no longer free but good way to come to town before sunrise after a long flight. I stayed in that part of the hotel further down in the alley in a room just beside the reception desk. I was quite impressed by the cleaness of the bathroom, but the room itself was a bit unbearable. Quite noisy at 4 am (despite earplugs) and the bed sheets were so dirty, I had to ask the guy to change the pillow cases straight away and never dared to use the bed covers (just slept in my own sleeping bag). The guy at the reception was quite grumpy every morning, but always improved in the afternoon (looks like he just isn't 'the morning type'). The guy on the second floor helping with travel plans was really good and helped me a lot. I used their taxi service (full day) and got a decent deal (I asked around before I used the taxi service offered by the hotel). My wi-fi connection was very good and a working tv was a real bonus for a change. The shower was always very hot too. Didn't last for too long, but was always hot and that was really nice indeed. All in all, reasonably priced backpackers' standard. The location is quite good as well. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review of our hostel in Delhi.
We have noted that you had a few concerns during your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to impress that, we as the owners are just an email away for addressing any complaints / queries. We also promise a speedy resolution whenever we hear from our guests.
Thanks again for your review and hope to see you in future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here twice, in both hotels. We preferred staying at smyle inn 2 around the corner even though the room was small and infront of the front desk it's was extremely cleaner than the first. We paid £10 a night and got tv and a/c. The guy at the pc room sorted out our trains throughout India for a small commission and I remembered that we got free pick up from the air port which was great. If I'm ever in Delhi again I'll go back.

• Stayed: July 2012