“Smyle Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“Smyle Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here in July. Arranged airport pick-up as flight arrived at 3 in the morning - no problems. Staff are helpful and honest. I left my mobile phone in our original room after it was swapped and one of the boys brought it to me. Centrally located - about a five minute walk from ND railway station. Reception staff are attentive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for three nights at the end of our stay in India. I have to say that the staff couldn't have been more helpful throughout our stay. They were there to help us in anything we may have needed. The room itself was really nice and clean. It also had a small fridge and TV, which we hadn't expected as none of the places we stayed in in India had either of those. When we were told that breakfast was included, I was expecting something really basic but it was actually quite nice. The first morning we had an omelette, bread, cornflakes, juice and a choice of tea or coffee, so it was more than enough for each of us. If I had to suggest anything to improve on, I guess it might be the water. It took quite a while for it to heat up in the shower so it would be nice if that could be improved upon, otherwise it was a really enjoyable stay. Thanks guys!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in the smile inn in June of this year,I was traveling with a friend from Nepal and spending a week in Delhi.Very impressed with everything about the smile inn.they arranged airport pick up, the room we stayed in was lovely,the internet worked well and there were plenty computers,they organised a sightseeing trip around Delhi for us (would highly recommend this as an air-conditioned car is fantastic if you are visiting in monsoon season) and also our train trip to Agra to see the Taj Mahal.Smyle Inn is also in a great location,right beside the train station so it was very easy to get the train to the airport on our way home and also on a busy street with lots of shops and restaurants.I would definitely stay here again.Thank you Smyle Inn

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

My wife and I booked for 1 night, as we had to catch a very early train
from New Delhi Railway Station. We had to wait for almost 2 hours
before we could check in and looked at a couple of hotels next door,
which were worse. The room was reasonable and clean, but noisy at
night. We have been several times to Delhi and knew what to expect
in Paharganj, so I agree with the comments below. Only stay there if
you have to...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Agra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

small windowless rooms, but great value and clean hotel. Free wifi & internet, very helpfull staff, cheap softdrinks available for takeaway. Rooftop breakfasts are OK and included in the price as well. Only minus is the area, but hey... that's what you're paying for.

Perfect for backpackers, not wanting to pay an expensive luxurious hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed at Smyle Inn for only 1 night. I booked in advance (something I rarely do, but I was arriving really late at night) Was planning on staying longer, but I didnt do it because:
- guy at the reception the moodiest figure I have EVER encountered on my trips. Just arrived and had to wait for over 4 hours on my room (which 'wasn't ready yet) And then he got all grumpy I asked for another room, since the hotel was far from fully booked.
- No windows/ AC didnt work (can live with that, but did pay for it!!)
- dirty as hell (which you can expect at pahargangj, but realllly dirty)

And besides that, there are far better places to stay in Delhi for the same (or lower) price

I have to admit I was located at the dependance (their 2nd, smaller building) So I dint know how the actual original hotel is like (but cant be much different I guess)

Sorry, but for me it was a bad experience and wouldnt reccomend it.

Just go to India, take a prepaid cab to Pahargangj and stroll around for half an hour, looking at different hotels, rooms and prices. You will get a fair deal without any surprises.

Except when you arrive during high season, or after midnight: dont book, just go.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Stefan1988
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Staying in the cheaper backpacker hub of Paharganj in Delhi does not mean you have to put up with the conditions of the Smyle Inn. The room was windowless, with very dark lighting - no doubt an attempt to try and hide just how filthy the room was. There was no hot water, which is not a deal breaker, but the bathroom was so grimey it felt you were never clean. The cockroaches on the walls and floor don't help you shrug off this feeling! The sheets were so dirty we had to ask for them to be changed.,.. for equally grimey and holey new ones to be put on instead by a hostile man who trod all over the bed still wearing his trainers. Thank goodness for sleeping bag liners! The staff were hostile, unwilling to help in any way, and sometimes just downright rude.

You can find cheaper and far, far better in the same area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brighty9
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Traveller,

Your critical review of us, even though it is one month late, is by far the most explicit one and I do really appreciate you taking out time to report it in a public forum.

Anyways we had staff and cleaning issues in the month of August when you stayed with us. The staff issues and cleaning issues have been ironed out. The errant staff has been replaced and we have started taking feedback from all the customers during their stay with us regarding any issues. This is helping us in addressing the problems right in the start. These small steps have helped us get back to our feet and we have improved in customer handling and cleanliness.

I thank you one again for your time it means a lot to us.

Best Regards