“One of the best hotels ever.”
Review of The Roseate

The Roseate
Ranked #75 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Over the years we have stayed at many hotels around the world and can I say that Dusit in New Dehli is up there with the best of them. From the minute you enter reception everything runs like a well oiled machine but with warmth and the human touch. The foyer alone is worth seeing WOW!!. We were met and checked in by Jyotika khanna and what an exceptional person she is. She is truly beautiful, professional and her approach to guests is so warm and loving. We have never been made to feel so welcomed in a hotel as we did by her and it didn't only stop at the check in but in seeing us around the grounds she stopped to talk and ensure that our needs were being met and that everything was to our liking.
Our stay was too short but we made use of the excellent facilities. The pool (we think 100m) is worth a dip. It's beautifully landscaped to make you feel as if you are swimming amongst wilderness.
Dinner in the restaurant was delicious with the food fresh and well presented. Wait staff on the night were attentive to our needs without being overbearing and breakfast was equally delicious with a wide choice of foods to chose from.
Our room was fantastic, modern with all the hi-tech services you could want. The i-pad controlled room amenities is a nice touch. The furnishings and decor are tasteful and stylish.
But talk about service with a big S. As we had an early departure Jyothike kindly looked after our flight check in for the next leg of our journey which meant we didn't have to rush in the morning.
All I can say is that this place is hard to beat and when are next in Dehli will be staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Diane P

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The food at Kiyan is extremely pleasing to the eye and taste buds. Awesome International feel to the entire place, calm and very welcoming staff, food was good, very well balanced red thai curry with duck. Warm toned interiors, with low seated, silver-gray upholstered chairs and semi lunar sofas, Kiyan is warm and cosy with a nice view of the bucolic setting outside

For me i feel Dusit Devarana is one of the best luxury hotels in Delhi/NCR.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2014

While entering the property on does not know what one is getting into and than you are greeted with very courteous staff taking you inside thru the gigantic doors .
For some time you feel lost in the property but once yiou get to know the property you start enjoying it.Beatutifully landscaped area with lush green surroundings southes your mood.

Concept of bar was new and the Piano played in the bar area was really very good.

Quality of food was great ,

Your staff is very hospitable, professional and am happy with quality of service provided during two days conference ..

Room Tip: entire property is really very good
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was looking for a boutique hotel and found Dusit. From the website, it ticked all the boxes: exclusivity; beautiful rooms; peaceful and natural surroundings; absolutely perfect as a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city.

The whole wonderful experience started when I was picked up by the hotel limousine at the airport. My jaw dropped the moment I walked into the reception, the sheer elegance and spaciousness were truly a sight to behold. I was warmly welcomed and the check-in procedure was quick and efficient. I noticed that staff were smartly dressed and extremely professional and courteous. The same theme extended into the room and was generously furnished with the latest tech, including the use of an ipad and in my case free wifi.

From past experiences, once you checked into a hotel, you would pretty much be left alone. But with Dusit, it was a breath of fresh air! Everywhere I went, I bumped into staff and they would take time to talk to me: enquiring on my stay; whether I needed anything; or just to make sure that I was comfortable. Pretty soon I was very comfortable with everyone and started chatting with them. Surprising this didn't just stop at the staff level, the management team was equally available and made sure that my stay was special. I commented on how warmth everyone were and how privileged I was to be treated this way and was told it was "service from the heart".

For those who managed to read to this paragraph, I would highly recommend involving the Lifestyle managers to plan your daily trips. Lacking of a better term, they are like your concierge on steroids, able to organise just about anything and highly knowledgeable in New Delhi and surrounds. They had been invaluable in organising my trips out while I was there.

The "Cooking Session With Chef" experience is also one not to be missed where I was given a tour of the kitchen and seeing the chef in action, where he cooked my lunch in front of me. It was an absolutely amazing experience, he made it looked so simple and the dishes were absolutely divine!

Thank you so much for a very unforgettable stay and congratulations to Dusit and its multi-faceted staff on a job well done for turning a luxury resort into a haven where your needs and comfort comes first above anything else. I was truly spoiled by your staff on all levels from front desk to housekeeping, not to mention the exceptional service at the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Danny C
Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Namaskar!

First of all, let me thank you enough to write such a detailed review covering most of the areas which come under a running hotel/resort. We are more than happy to hear about your enjoyable stay at Dusit Devarana where in you felt just being at your home away from home which i could make out from your feedback, will definitely pass on your compliments to the team devarana who are trained to ensure that this level of excellenece is not just to be maintained but to be consistent, as well. Just to share, we have enough experiences for our guests which makes their stay memorable for years. I would personally recommend you to experience the rest of those when you make it next to Dusit Devarana New Delhi.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed at the Dusit Devarana in New Delhi on April 18-April 20, our best 2 nights in India.
This is truly a 5 star hotel anywhere in the world. From the minute we arrived to the time we left the service was top-notch. Best part of the hotel is the Restaurant under the management of Chef Nishant Chaubey, his food is on par with many of the top chefs in the world, he is truly a up and coming star in India. My many many thanks to him and all the staff at the hotel for making our trip so memorable. We will surly return to this place every time we visit India.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Arvinthapar

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and we appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the same. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the services and experience worth remembering at Dusit Devarana and recommending it by means of this feedback to others. I shall definitely pass on the exciting words to Chef Nishant and to his team who were able to meet to your levels of expectations and we look forward to welcome you back soon at Dusit Devarana.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

the Resort is Beautiful and amazing, The experience all the way from Check in to the room was as is expected from a brand like Dusit; Their reception staff are great and quite proactive in terms of finding out my needs even before I would put words to them! The food at the restaurant is just lavish! I Highly recommend visiting Kiyan to all other guests who wish to stay here. As a feedback I'd suggest the service staff at the restaurant to be more proactive as the other departments, other than which there is no other point for me to complain. Will come back to this hotel again during my next visit to Delhi!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rudraksh S

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and we truely appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the same. We are delighted to hear that you liked the services at the resort and thankful once again for recommending the resort, as well. We have taken note of your dis satisfaction of service level at Kiyan and we will work towards the same. It will be great if you can write to me personally explaining of the same in detail, if possible to enable me to work backwards towards improving the same from that perspective. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Beautiful hotel! The exteriors are too pretty and you do not feel like you are in Delhi! Love the water bodies and the food is amazing at the restaurant. A special thanks to Chef Nishant Chaubey who happily planned & prepared a lovely 3-course meal for us as per our liking. A very very special thanks to Gaurav Sinha who made our stay wonderful & pleasant. Thanks to the team at Kiyan restaurant, ever so helpful and smiling. Massage at the Spa was great. We have not had any problems overall but here are some points which can be worked on:

1. We need a kettle and some tea and milk in the room so guests are able to make a cuppa at their own convenience and do not need to call for a tea everytime.
2. The water by the Gym and Spa needs to be cleaned. Else with the amount of mosquitoes, they will surely breed over the still water.
3. A manual remote control in case the Ipad does not work. We experienced some inconveniences with the Ipad and the TV not working. But that was fully resolved by the staff.
4. We need more sockets in the room.

The above are all constructive criticism :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Namaskar !!

Many thanks for your feedback and we appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the same. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality at Dusit Devarana. Having said that, we have taken note of all your points which will be taken into consideration for sure. We look forward to welcome you back at Dusit Devarana very soon again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Delhi
JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
Andaz Delhi - A concept by Hyatt
Four Points by Sheraton New Delhi, Airport Highway
Westin Sohna Resort and Spa

Been to The Roseate? Share your experiences!