“Just Good”

Clarion Collection
Ranked #360 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
“Just Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel staff are very nice but had an issues there with towels. Breakfast is good combining between Indian and International cuisine. Location is good for business trip not for tourists.
I believe it's fine for two nights stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ahmed E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I do not know why I did not write this review earlier. May be because at present I am staying in another Indian hotel (in the Southern part of India) with exceptional service. I had to pick this hotel for an academic conference in December, 2012. I traveled alone and thus was not too comfortable in New Delhi. I have to admit that the hotel's security and familiarity of the institutional area made me feel safe. I do remember that check in was not that easy as I booked it online. I do not exactly remember the exact nature of the problem. But it definitely did not irritate me. Earlier I had a terrible experience at Delhi airport so I was quite happy with the behavior of hotel's staffs. In other words, my expectation was pretty low. However, during the check-out process they claimed that I had opened some snacks from the snack bar. I never care to even look at those things and thus initially could not even understand the name of the snack. Then they brought it and showed it to me. The seal was broken. Initially I did not know how to react. I travel quite a lot and have stayed in different class/types of hotels and hostels (mostly non-Indian though). I have never experienced such a strange thing. The price of the snack was really insignificant (Rs 150) but I was quite shocked by the oddity of the incident. More than anything the entire episode was quite humiliating and embarrassing. I offered to pay and told them not to do this to anyone especially those who were from outside India as it creates a horrible impression of the society in general. I do not know whether I would be able to avoid this hotel in the future for its convenient location, but I will try my best to do so.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AS10Usa

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Questions started the moment I made a reservation. It was said that hotel may block money in amount of the first night on the credit card in order to guarantee the reservation. Next morning I got an e-mail that pre-authorization wasn't succeed. As Director of sales in 4**** hotel I assumed that there is no need to make a pre-authorization when it's low season. But anyways, I provided another one credit card to block money.
Hotel is rather close to the airport and Qutab Minar and has huge parking. As for me Delhi is such a big city so you don't really understand what central location is so it was fine.
On the check-in we asked the receptionist if we need to pay on arrival. He said that we can pay on check-out. Next day we got back to the hotel late and came to the reception to ask something but a new guy instead of replying started to ask us about payment. When we came to the room there was a letter from the reception asking about payment. Restaurant also didn't want to put our orders on the bill as there was no payment. Then we talked to the duty manager, he apologized but the impression was spoilt.
Room is big with all the amenities and towels. Tea/coffee making facilities and free safety box are in the room. Internet is chargeable but that is something that I don't understand all across India.
We had breakfast in Zerzura restaurant which was fine. We also had lunch in Va Bene restaurant and in Hiatus restaurant. No problems, food was very nice and waiters are smiley and friendly.
We've stayed twice in this hotel during one week. We also didn't avoid problems regarding the second reservation. To guarantee the second reservation they just used credit card details which we used to pay for the previous reservation.
As Director of sales I understand that it is their policy but then it is low season for India now and in general hotel should be more flexible. For sure, I will choose another one hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Natalia1150
ClarionCollection, General Manager at Clarion Collection, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel!!

We are indeed apologetic for the inconvenience faced by you during your stay at Clarion. Your feedback has been taken up with the team concerned and would like to assure you that this wont be repeated again in future.

Looking forward to be of your service again in future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is good only if you are looking for a peaceful location, close to the famous qutub minor monument, but far from central Delhi. Having said that, airport is only 30 minutes away and there are areas of tourist interest within a radius of 5 miles. I tried to book accommodation through an agency but did not succeed due fraud check procedure which was cumbersome. However, hotel was generous enough to honour that tarriff. Nice access with big lawn and pool. Spa is very basic but male only masseurs for gents were quite good and pleasant. Lifts are slow and squeaky but in working order. The Zerzura restaurant offers good variety of Indian dishes but limited selection of western food .This is the venue for your morning breakfast. Very friendly staff here. As hotel was not that busy, it felt a bit lonely. I did say why there was no background music. Room sizes are very good with a nice open view afforded from rooms facing main road. hotel appears to have seen better days but there is an earnest effort to maintain standards. Beware, some rooms have a little balcony that is a perch for pigeons. To be fair to hotel, they cleaned up balcony area once I occupied a Bigger room (upgrade). Friendly reception staff, house keeping which varied from average to excellent, nice laundry service. I did not test the room service fully but they were kind to supply a combination of muffins, fresh lime water and yoghurt to counter severe tummy cramps that I picked up elsewhere. If the price is right, I would not mind staying here again as I like the peaceful, quiet atmosphere (except when Zerzura restaurant are used as a venue for special promotional occasions fr Delhites)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a balcony, go for rooms facing lawns or main road
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback!!

We are glad that you had a comfortable stay at Clarion and liked the hotel and facilities. All Clarion Club Rooms have balconies attached to them. Hotel is surrounded by institutions, NGO's, UN bodies, hospitals and Historical places like Qutab Minar etc. It is only 20 minutes drive from Central Delhi like Connaught place.

We look forward to be of your service again.

sharmelsheikh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good hotel if all you want is to rest before a flight - the pool is lovely but disturbed by construction noise which the hotel is presently undergoing - otherwise rooms are spacious and comfortable, hot water, restaurants in the hotel complex and breakfast has a huge choice of foods. Friendly staff but can't recommend the massage at the spa. Would stay there again as the pool is lovely and the huge breakfast makes the stay worthwhile - as does the proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: ask before you book as construction noise could disturb your sleep in some of the bedrooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ClarionCollection, General Manager at Clarion Collection, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest

We are indeed apologetic for the inconvenience faced by you due to the demolishing work next to the pool. At Clarion we keep upgrading our product at regular intervals and this work was a next step towards that only.

We look forward to welcome you again and show a newer look of the pool area.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Well placed, for us! Near the airport - and easy access by car to most of New Delhi. Comfortable, clean rooms. Good laundry service!

The nearby streets are not easily walkable, but there are good walks in the nearby green areas.

Service within the hotel is good. Reception friendly and efficient. The Zerzura Restaurant is efficient, provides very good service and good food. Forget the other option - poor service; lazy staff and not much of a menu either!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share you experience at Clarion!!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the product and services offered to you.

we look forward to be of your service again.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed 3 nights on a official trip in March 2014. I have to stay I considered moving out of the hotel and only prevented because of the advance booking.
We received a deal of 120 dollar per night for the superior room (only to find out that had we booked online through makemytrip.com it would not have been less). The view, service and location is not worth the hefty amount. And that just puts you down. I have stayed in better hotels in New Delhi for far less.

To start with it was not mentioned that wifi was not included within this room rate. And honestly we had just assumed internet would be included in the room rate of an international chain hotel especially when it is over USD 100. To access internet you can either use the business center computer (for free) or buy coupons (for use in one device). 24 hour charge is 650 rupee.

Location- it is on a very quite road with almost no shops or restaurants nearby. You can access the Hauz Khas metro by a 30 rupee autorickshaw ride to the metro.We found it difficult to get any taxi to come this way at night. The hotel car charges around Rs 1500 for 4 hours.

Service- was only okay. At one point needed to print a document from the business center but came to know that they do not provide such service. Since it was just one page the office printed it for us.

Restaurant- Had breakfast and lunch. The breakfast restaurant is nicely decorated with both indoor and outdoor sitting area. Breakfast consisted of mainly Indian dishes (which tasted good), but as a standard hotel they should keep continental food such as salads as well.
Seems it a party hotspot which keeps the restaurants busy.

Amenities- all toiletries except toothpaste and toothbrush were provided. So dont forget to bring your own! Good thing is they provided an iron.

Lobby area- very small.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank KainatK
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!!

we apologies for the inconvenience faced by you at Clarion. However we would also like to state that the hotel offers free internet access in Clarion Club Room type. Also the hotel is surrounded by quiet surroundings and is very near to Qutab Minar.

we look forward to welcome you again