“Would not be sad if I had to return”
Review of Clarion Collection

and 1 more site!
Clarion Collection
Ranked #396 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 22, 2007

The Qutab is a nice modern 7 storey building. Nice marble entrance, helpful and very friendly staff (bell captain, porters), okay reception staff and a nosy hotel manager (who once happened to come into our room without knocking and then only could stumble "oh, sorry, do you wish something from the room service?". Still no clue what he really wanted. Rooms are spacious, some of them with great flatscreen tv, others with standard equipment. Good beds, minibar, in room safe, okay bathroom (not much water pressure in shower). Cosy bar/breakfast restaurant. Just around the corner, same complex, a very good Indian restaurant (expensive though, we paid 160 euro for two bottles of wine). Swimming pool looked good (but too cold to try, outdoor). Room airco should have heated room up (it was only 4 degrees outside) but did not. Everywhere in the hotel it was freezing cold. Internet access excellent (WiFi). They also have sauna/hamman/massage, did not try it out. Location: a bit out of where interesting things are happening, but for business meeting fine. All in all, was good, although a bit overrated perhaps. I would a next time still look for another option, but if I would not be able to find a better one (in terms of location) then I would not be sad having to go back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank WimdeWit

Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed here last October. It was my first visit to India & I was worried about what the hotels would be like. We stayed here for one night at the start of our tour & for 2 nights at the end. We loved it. The rooms were very clean, modern, quiet & comfortable.The pool area is very nice & there are two restaurants on site.

The buffet breakfast was excellent & the staff would cook Euoropean breakfasts , if you asked. We found the coffee shop staff to be really helpful. They suggested where we could eat in Delhi &, as we both love Indian food, they made us dishes which were not on the menu. The other restaurant was a bit smarter, but was also very good.

We booked thsi as part of a package, so I don't know what the rate was. Woul agree with other reviewers about the attitude of the desk staff. Would stay here again & would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank chad18
Reviewed June 29, 2007

I stayed at the Qutab twice for a total of six nights in June 2007. I was nicely surprised by the stylish overall appearance, including the design and spaciousness of the room. Internet worked fine, and 2.5 Euros per hour is not an unusual charge. Food is not bad, and there is an additional, very stylish Indian restaurant in the compound that is quite good. You don't want to walk around in the neighborhood, except maybe into the park just next to the hotel. It takes 10 min by taxi to get into a lively part of town.
I was booked into the hotel by my customer who gets a discounted rate that comes out at about 120 Euros / night. By Delhi standards, this is good value for money. If you have to pay the rack rate, things are obviously different. What I didn't like was the fact that I had to pay fully for the night of arrival (where I got into the hotel at 4 am) and the night of departure (leaving the hotel at 1 am).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Jorges
Reviewed January 24, 2007

Rated and regarded as one of Delhi's Delux hotels the Hotel Qutab was a severe disappointment, being nothing better than a standard Holiday inn but at exhorbitant prices. I stayed in the hotel when I arrived and then upon my return from a Golden triangle Tour booked through Diplomatic Holiday in Delhi (which I would never do business with ever again). The first room was part of the tour with an enormous plasma television screen on the wall and nice toiletries including a silk bathrobe. I paid for the last wo nights as they were not part of the package and was vastly over-charged $200. U.S. for a much smaller room with a standard television. The food was generally good (but overpriced) and the service excellent. The drawback to this property is that it is not located in the downtown core of Delhi, if one can even identify a downtown core, but set admist absolute squalor. I felt as if I were a captive in the hotel. One short walk outside of the compound for some fresh air was enough for me. This property caters to mostly Indian business people and is definately not for a tourist visiting Delhi. Not recommended.

Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank RickyN
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Hi,

I am an Indian national who stayed at Hotel Qutab along with my wife who is a US citizen. I stayed there for just 1 day during a 12 hour stopover before boarding an international flight back to the US from Delhi in November 2005.

Firstly, if you call them and ask, they will tell you they are a 4-star or 5-star hotel. Hotel ratings are too inconsistent in Delhi, and most likely hotel staff in Delhi will tell you what you want to hear about their star rating. I would not give Hotel Qutab more than a 3-star rating for class/amenities and a 4-star rating for service. I paid $140 per night for my stay. But of course, in Delhi, demand is greater than supply for hotels, so they charge you whatever they can think of.

I requested early check-in a week ago and it was promised when I paid for it a week earlier. Even if I wanted to check-in at 10:30 a.m. as opposed to the 12:00 p.m. check-in time, if there are no rooms available, they are not going to bother to let you know in advance. So I had to wait for an hour in the lobby while they waited on someone else to check out and get my room made. It was however nice of them to offer me some free tea :-) for making me wait, though it did not make a difference to me.

Their air-conditioning unit seemed like it was started just before we walked into the room and did not work right for the few hours we stayed there. Their room service was good, the hot water worked great and the bed was comfortable. Their internet connection was down because their server was down, I'd think they'd be better equipped with all the money being charged for the room rates. I had wanted to check my flight schedules and they did not have a phone book with them to get hold of phone numbers. They did however connect me to the Yellow Pages hotline free of charge and I was able to obtain the required phone numbers.

Upon check-in, I had confirmed that the payment was already made for the room. However, upon check-out, thanks to a lack of communication with the staff working in the evening, they had to make a bunch of calls again to make sure the payment was already made and made me wait a good 15 min. during check-out before confirming something they should have known.

Sriram

• Stayed: November 2005
17  Thank sriramcs
A TripAdvisor Member
England
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We stayed at the Quatab for 14 days last year and the service especially from the restaurant staff was exeptional. We are trying to book again for 2006. Excellant

Stayed: October 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Sweden
Reviewed April 30, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Qutab on 2 separate occasions in january 2005.

On leaving we did not have time to go to the post office and post our holiday postcards - about 20 of them.

So we left the money for postage with staff in the reception and someone promised to post the cards.

Now, 3 months later, nobody has received a postcard. Not one single postcard arrived.

What should I think ?