“My Favourite New Hotel In Delhi”

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
Ranked #13 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, Singapore
“My Favourite New Hotel In Delhi”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is now officially my favourite hotel in New Delhi. A 5-10 minute drive from the airport, this clean, new hotel is a fresh addition to the options in Delhi. What sets it above the others is it's over the top service. Now, service in India is always fabulous, however, Marriott Aerocity goes above and beyond. As a platinum member, this hotel ROCKS. Put simply, the exec lounge and level of staff in the lounge is second to none. The service, personal chef, amazing hospitality hours, and the personalized service per member is the best I've ever seen. When I checked in late last night, my second stay in two weeks here, the doorman and hotel lobby desk executives held a beautiful scarf the size of a carpet above my head as I walked through the door, and another man played a gong next to an artfully drawn bowl of flowers and candles . Royal Treatment from the time I stepped through the door.

The rooms are clean & new, the check-in service is seamless in the room, and breakfast buffet amazing... comparable to the other two great Marriott properties I've been to in Beijing and Phuket which rank tops in my books.

The exceptional service leveraging the executive board room was a nice touch - they allowed my guests in, prepared sandwiches and drinks for us during our meeting and did everything possible to make our two hour meeting not just comfortable, but a great success.

I will continue to stay here on trips to Delhi... no need to stay elsewhere, easy to get in and out, and the service by far is their differentator. Love this hotel and their staff! Thank you for making my last two stays in three weeks amazing!!!

Room Tip: stay in a room that faces over the pool or courtyard, the rooms facing construction are not as nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for giving us a chance to host you during your recent visit to the city. It is a delight to receive such a heartening feedback from one of our esteemed guests and to know that we could make your last few nights in India memorable. Your kind remarks about our hospitality standards are indeed inspiring and have been shared with the entire team. At JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, we strive to offer the best of everything to our patrons, and we are glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

It was an honor to have you at our hotel in New Delhi and the entire team looks forward to your next visit.

Balan Paravantavida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had the opportunity to spend a week and a half at this new hotel, using it as a base for extensive sightseeing in Delhi. The experience was outstanding and establishes a new benchmark for service. The Executive Lounge team (Vivek, Amit, Avijit, and others whose names I unfortunately can't recall) could not have been more accommodating, and made us feel truly welcomed. The entire team was both professional and friendly, and the food offerings incredible. In the food prep area, Amit and Prashant both answered our numerous questions about Indian cuisine, and prepared wonderful Indian "snacks" for us. (Their word, not ours!) Knowing we were staying for more than a few nights, they ensured we had new delicious treats to try each visit. For less adventurous palates, there were many Western style food offerings as well both morning and evenings.

Speaking of food, the hotel also has two other restaurants that we tried. Akira Back is a Japanese restaurant owned by the celebrity chef of the same name. Very good, but easy to run up a very expensive tab even by Boston standards. The other restaurant, K3, was outstanding. Three open kitchen stations offering buffet style food representing Indian, Italian, and Chinese cuisines. I'd call it K4 since there is also a wonderful dessert bar. Service was excellent and the chefs are eager to describe their offerings for the evening. Rahul makes an outstanding Indian Daal! We both remarked how we'd like to be able to dine there regularly. This restaurant is definitely worth visiting even if you are not staying at the JW.

For lighter fare, there is a very good option off the lobby called Delhi Baking Company. Great place to relax over Masala Chai and a sandwich, or freshly made bakery items.

Hotel Location - it's very close to the airport in a new office park type development called Aerocity. As one of the first properties, the area surrounding the JW is essentially a construction site. Noise was not a problem, but it's not something pretty to look at. Enough of development is built out that you can see it has potential once the remaining 20+ buildings are finished.

About three clocks away is the Airport Express Aerocity metro station that whisks you by rail into New Delhi in about 20 minutes(or the airport going the other direction). Closest thing I can compare it to is Heathrow Express. At the terminal, it ties into Delhi's new Metro system which is less than 15 years old. If you're not adverse to subways, it's an excellent alternative to sitting in traffic in taxis. Just avoid rush hour when the subway cars and stations are very crowded. So while the hotel is out by the airport, it is easy to get into the city and enjoy the plethora of historical sites, shopping, museums, etc.

So all in all, an excellent hotel choice. Hard to believe it's only been open for a few months given how well the staff has everything under control. I've stayed at ITC and Taj properties in India, and the JW Aerocity is right up there with the finest hotels. It will be my first choice on a return trip.

Room Tip: The hotel was sold out on several nights while we were there. If available though, a room facing the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to receive your review following your recent stay at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity. Our location in proximity to the airport makes us a preferred choice among business travelers. Guest satisfaction is our topmost priority and it is nice to know that you were impressed with the services delivered by our associates. Our associates express gratitude to you for your kind acknowledgement of the service areas, food spread and the overall ambience of the hotel.

The chef and the team are delighted to make your dining experience wonderful. Your words are a testimony to our endeavors to serve you better and we would indeed be privileged to have you back with us soon.

We would appreciate the opportunity to have you again at our hotel and provide the service we take pride in.

Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed February 13, 2014

superbly designed rooms.. spectacular cleanliness.. awesome buffet... Crystal ball room serves as one of the most desired locations for holding any kind of reception. Unmatched opulence and proximity to T3 gives this hotel an edge.

Room Tip: stay for at least 2 nights in order to revel in the luxuries.
1 Thank surbhiseth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review and appreciating the various aspects of your stay on this prestigious forum. We are pleased to know that you were impressed with our amenities especially our Crystal Ballroom and our proximity to the airport terminal.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of hosting you on your future trips to the capital.

London
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very convenient for the Airport this is a brand new hotel in Aerocity. From the moment I arrived by taxi from the airport nothing was too much bother for the staff who made me feel so welcome and relaxed. The bedrooms are very comfortable and I loved the bed and heaps of pillows. I sunk into a bath whilst watching the large flat screen telly and almost didn't want to leave my room it was perfect. I did however manage to locate the spa and pool but isn't have time to use them but used the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which were all free.
Just wish I could have stayed there longer and tried the Japanese restaurant but did mange to enjoy some great glasses of chilled wine. A great start and I am sure things will just get better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your review. We are glad that our amenities and service delivery were at par with your expectations.

Your appreciation is a great source of inspiration to the entire team who are motivated to welcome the guests with utmost warmth and courtesy. Thank you again for your kind words and indeed we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Essex
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Getting met at the Airport by a man driving an S-Class Mercedes is always a good sign when choosing a hotel and this was just the start of things to come.

Upon Check-in I was simply told to take a seat and relax whilst all the paperwork was done, I was always professionally addressed by my name and then was taken to my room to finish the process, ensuring that everything was as smooth and comfortable as possible.

The room was great and the terrace was a nice place to sit, have a drink and watch the planes take off.

The Room Service menu could have had a bit more choice, but I soon learnt that even if you asked for something that wasn't on it, the chef still catered for your needs. (Pizza was only available on the Children's menu, but they made an adult one for me and finished it perfectly with my own choice of toppings)

The Check-out process was as good as the check-in and even though the Mercedes wasn't available for my transfer, having a brand new Audi A8 instead...kind of made up for it!

The one negative was that the pool bar didn't have any drinks and when I finished one drink and asked the pool attendant for another, he cleared my bottle and 25 minutes later I never saw him or a replacement drink.

This hotel is only three months old and will get better and better and the pool service (I'm sure) will also improve.

Dear Guest,

It is our pleasure to receive your review following your stay at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity. We express our gratitude to you for your kind acknowledgement of our service offerings, food spread and the overall ambience of the hotel. We pamper our guests with utmost luxury to make their stay comfortable. We are glad to receive your excellent rating and we regret that pool service was not at par with your expectations. We assure to provide a stay par excellence on your next visit with improvised services.

Thank you once again. We would love to have you with us again .

oregon
Reviewed February 8, 2014

With a greater than 12 hour layover in Delhi before our very long trip back to the US West Coast, I did some research for our group and suggested that we go to the Mariott Aerocity for food and rest. The hotel seems impressively secure and is perfect for a stay when you need to get to the airport quickly. The Hotel was beautiful, and the buffet restaurant was impressive for its size, food selections and it's virtual emptiness. The chefs working in the buffet were very friendly and enthusiastic about their food, and it was delicious.
Our room was beautiful and luxurious and I wish I could have spent more time enjoying it.
The problems came when dealing with the front desk and billing. I was splitting a room with a friend for just a few hours to sleep before a 1:45am departure to the airport. The paid arrangement was for the room and transport to the airport. This was pre-paid before going to our room. However, I got an additonal bill from the hotel for "other services" charged to my credit card 4 days after I left India! Also, bleary eyed at 1:30am, the front desk staff tried to charge me again before they would transport me to the airport. Then, as I tried to take my luggage to the van, a female employee came running after me, yelling that I had not paid my bill.
Overall, the property was just what I needed at the end of a trip to India, but they need to work out the "bugs"

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tabOREGON
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from JW Marriott Aerocity New Delhi!

It was our pleasure to host your stay at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity. We are glad that our convenient location in proximity to the airport added value to your stay. We are happy that you were impressed with our rooms, facilities as well as the overall ambiance of the hotel.

We regret that your check-out experience was not at par with your expectations. The concerns mentioned by you have been duly noted and we assure that these will be looked into on priority. Your candid review gives us an opportunity to introspect and strive for continual improvements.

We look forward to serving you with improved hospitality of all times on your future visits.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I don't think people will appreciate this hotel if they have not stayed at other Delhi hotels. This place is fantastic A to Z. Aside from the rooms and the staff being fantastic... The must do at this hotel is the Japanese/Korean restaurant. I only had the sushi there but it was fantastic...dare I say Zuma Dubai.
I am a fanatic sushi eater and would recommend Akira Back any day.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank GlobalHawke
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute delight to welcome you at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity. Guest satisfaction is our topmost priority and it is nice to know that you were impressed with the services delivered by our associates. Your kind words of appreciation have been shared with the entire team and have inspired them to continue to offer the best in hospitality.

Thank you for your recommendation for Akira Back. We look forward to the opportunity to have you again at our hotel and provide the service we take pride in.