“Fantastic value!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #157 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our favourite hotel whilst travelling around North India. The room was spotless, the shower was amazing, and the bed was very comfortable. We were left two complimentary bottles of water which was a nice thought and added to the great service.
The breakfast was lovely throughout our stay, with different dishes offered each day.
The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful when using tuk tuks or taxis as they would let us know how mug we should pay, or arrange it if need be.
It's location was great, just up a side street away from the main centre and the markets. The metro station is 5 mins away if that, and about 10 mins away is the market in New Delhi.
Great value, and would recommend to everyone! If we are in Delhi we will definately book with metro view again!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Traveller10205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel five separate times over a six week period. This is because I travelled to different states and cities around India over eight weeks and Delhi/Hotel Metro View was my central point where I would return and then leave for another part of India. Three times I stayed for one night and twice I stayed two nights.

I was given a different room on each occasion and my first night there I got the best room out of all my stays at the Metro. King size bed very spacious room with two chairs and a table. The bathroom was very nice with a shower only. The room has a very modern look which is quite appealing. The showers have an overhead shower head which I'm not keen on so I asked for a bucket which I had come accustomed to in India. This is the only hotel out of all the hotels I stayed in India that didn't include buckets in the bathroom and I stayed in a few. All other rooms I stayed in over those weeks were smaller versions of the first room including the bathroom and without the extra chairs or table. In a couple it was that small I had trouble getting out of one side of the bed because there was very little space between the bed and the wall. The lighting the flat screen tv including fan and AC were great in every room and of course I found the beds to be very comfortable. There can be some outside noise from local businesses that sell and install car audio but that didn't put me off at all.

Breakfast was included and it's very basic. My first stay they had to make the toast in a sandwich maker but on my return a couple of weeks later they had invested in a real commercial toaster that most hotels have. They will cook an omelette on request. That's my only experience if the food as I ate out for dinner. Their restaurant is open 24 hours.

To the staff. I must give special mention to several people Alok - Front Office, Tulsi - House Keeping and Prakash - Food & Beverage whom I found to be very very helpful and courteous. I'm certain all staff are just the same.

Overall I found the Hotel Metro View to be an excellent hotel with a modern look. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay there again given the opportunity.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kuryus
Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed with my wife at Metro View Hotel for six nights in a premium room.The room as well the hotel is very clean and tidy.It is one the the best hotel in the Karol Bagh area and is about 300 meters from the Karol Bagh market.The staff at the reception is very helpful and very cooperative especially the manager Mr Salman. The buffet breakfast and the food at the restaurant were tasty. The room service was OK and was provided with a tea/coffee maker and an iron.The airport pick up service was punctual and the taxi service made available to visit tourist attractions was excellent. Will definitely recommend my relatives and friends to stay over there.
Lot of thanks to all the staff for the the nice stay.

Room Tip: Premium rooms are excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jug2402
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, clean and very nicely furnished. Room service is exceptional. The rooms are spacious and well equipped, only deluxe rooms come with tea and coffee making facilities.

The staff are helpful, however it may be worth venturing out to source a 'tour' as we spoke to someone recommended by the hotel, paid our money and then basically got a driver who was unable to speak much english and as a result was unable to tell us about the sights we were going to. This was a bit disappointing.

On our arrival at the hotel my partner was poorly, the hotel staff offered advice in terms of local hospital and pharmacy.

After the first night in a room at the front of the hotel where we experienced noise pollution in terms of the room opposite and also from outside, we were moved to a standard room at the back of the hotel, this was much quieter except the noise from the air con unit.

Breakfast was amazing and the restaurant area was beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel as a good base with great transport links with the metro being a stones throw from the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a better room - go for the front of the hotel, if you want quieter go for the back but b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dawnie271
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights while travelling around Northern India with my 2 friends.

The hotel was easy to find and the staff at the front were very friendly and nice.

The room itself was very clean and tidy, as was the bathroom.
We had a few issues with the shower, there wasn't much hot water and most the days it was either cold or luke warm.

We had breakfast there once, and did not venture there again.
The tea had bits in it, and the milk was off.

We had room service on a couple of nights and that wasn't too bad. We only had chips though (fries).

The best thing about the hotel is the short walk to Karol Bagh Metro station, go out the hotel take a right to the main road and then left to the station. Probably a 6-7 minute walk at most!

I'd stay here again as the price is brilliant for a budget hotel, the issues with the food can easily be addressed seeing as you're near a metro station and right next to Karol Bagh itself!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Karandeep B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was a pleasant stay despite some hiccups that we face with the bus provider. The friendly staff tolerated with our dissatisfaction and took action to change a bus provider which was much better. Occasionally, there weren't warm water in the shower, but efforts were taken upon us calling the help desk for the water heater. In all, the staff were friendly and always tries to meet our needs and demands. The hotel decor was good for a budget/b&b accommodation. I will recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tan L
Greater Noida, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I came and stayed here with my family. the hotel is very well situated being near to market and metro station. the hotel itself is well built, has premium feel. we stayed here for just 2 nights out of our 7 day trip to delhi beacuse we were supposed to stay at a relatives place for entire trip but due to some circumstances we stayed at hotel metro view for 2 days. the stay was very overwhelming at minimum. the rooms perfect, resturant excellent, amenites just whats needed.
a big thumbs up to the entire hotel staff for really giving so special treatment, which is really unexpected.
all in all really a superb hotel at really reasonable rates.

Room Tip: room no 203 is big and quite, and feels very premium.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family