“One of the best meals I had in India”
Review of Barbeque Nation

Barbeque Nation
Ranked #89 of 12,580 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian, Barbecue, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,252 helpful votes
“One of the best meals I had in India”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visited this unreviewed branch of the chain on the basis of so many positive reviews of other branches, both in Delhi and around India, and I wasn't disappointed. This branch is upstairs in block N of the outer ring of Connaught Place. Lunch is 12-3 and dinner is 7-10. I opted for lunch on a Wednesday which was 500rs on my bill, although the price list said 611rs. The price was higher on evenings and during the weekend. Anyway, for your 500rs you got unlimited veg or non veg starters, served at your on table barbecue, followed by serve yourself unlimited soups, salad, curries, rice, and desserts, with breads brought to the table. I opted for the non veg menu, which gave me prawns, chicken tikka, fish, lamb sheekh kebab and tandoori chicken, the first three served on skewers with marinades to 'finish off' on the barbecue, although in reality they were already cooked. All of the starters were tender ands tasty, the prawns and chicken tikka being particularly good. After a couple of skewers of each I was offered more, and you could pick which in particular you wanted more off if not all. I had a couple more skewers before moving onto the mains. All the curries were tasty, too many to mention individually, the biryani good, and the breads fresh. The desserts were also plentiful, the gulab jamun probably the best I've tasted, plus plenty of fresh fruits and cakes which I didn't have. The price seemed to include a drink, I had a coke which was not on the bill, and there was a no tips policy. Unlimited bottled water was also complimentary. Service was excellent throughout, polite, helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013