“Worst Hotel”

Ranked #190 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Worst Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Beware of this Hotel, it was one of the worst experience ever we had.
Toilet is unclean, bedsheets are used ones, room is dirty. One of the worst part is water (not drinking water) is salty, when asked at reception : this is their reply - that is what we have, if you want to stay, stay or else leave. So rude.
While leaving we where aksed to pay extra taxes for which we had to call mmt guys and it was resolved after they interviened. So embrassing, they are just money minting people, beware of this hotel.

Room Tip: Beware of this hotel, strictly no for family.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rahamat
Dear Guest,

May we please take this opportunity to express our sincere apologies for not being able to meet with your expectations during your visit to our hotel.

The feedback has been taken up with the concerned department head and every effort shall be made to ensure that there is an improvement.

We humbly request you to treat this as an aberration and assure you that we are capable of much better. We hope you will allow us another chance to be of service to you.
The team looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Warm regards,
Jatinder Kumar Rehan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ahmedabad
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days for my family visit to Delhi tour.. It is situated in Pahar ganj area near the New Delhi railway station.. very sort distance. Room service is good. Food is also good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Vikrant S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Chand Palace. We are grateful to you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Vancouver B.C. Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

THis is a basic Indian Hotel. In India "basic" is really basic. I found the room to be clean. It is noisy - but then it is in a market area. IT may be a bit of culture shock if this is your first India stay. (I had previously lived in India). The toilet is "Indian style". The main attraction is its location - near the New Delhi Railroad Station. And also colse to Connaught Circus - the center of New Delhi - with a huge underground market.
My main purpose of writing this review is to alert travellers about a scam pulled by taxi drivers from the Airport (even if they get vouchers from the "New Delhi Police Prepaid Taxi Office" at the airport.- they stop at an "office" and a man pretends to call your hotel, tells you that you are late and they have given your room away - then says he will find a hotel for you.
Always, when travelling in or to India have the hotel arrange for you to be met by a taxi - having pre-arranged the price.
Second tip - when travelling by train. At the New Delhi Train Station is a Tourist Booking Office - very helpful, as train travel in India can be daunting, especially when a change of trains is needed during your trip.
(I actually was there several years ago, but the choice of dates did not go back that far).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Chand Palace.We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your entire stay at Hotel.

It is great to read that you initiated and also raised a point for other travelers to be careful from taxi divers. We are grateful to you for all your kind words of appreciation that will definately motivate us to do even better on your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

If we had paid maybe half the money for the rooms, I wouldn't have as much of an issue, however, considering the cost this is very disappointing. The staff not helpful at all, the bedding was dirty, no warm water, and they attempted to sell us travel plans (which is actually quite common we found in New Delhi). I wouldn't have complained if it was cheaper and didn't promise so much, but it fell short in every department, particularly hygiene. I'm sure there are plenty of other more appropriately priced hotels in this backpackers area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies if you were inconvenienced during your visit to our hotel.

May we request you to forward your contact details to gourav_rehan87@yahoo.com so that we may speak with personally about your feedback.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Isle of Wight
Reviewed March 4, 2012

For the price it was a typical low budget Delhi Hotel , I booked through Agoda / Trivago or what ever and paid around 10€ a night so what can one expect ?
Well I did expect the airport transfer to be there , but it was´nt and thats no fun after a long(ish) day travelling ( from Goa) so there I was at Delhi international and no taxi ..hmmm.. good start me thinks, so I got one for 250 rupees which is apparently way over the odds for a taxi but the airport pre. paid ones knew my situation and as all good Delhi touts would do , they ripped me off ..
Anyway finally got to the Hotel , which the driver had to ask 3 people where it was I went in to a nice reception area and a smiling man behind the desk , after asking about the airport transer a denial was the first form of defence then an apology followed
After asking for the internet access code , which was advertised as " free Wlan connection " I was told it cost 50 rupees the hour or 250 for 24hours , tried to argue but gave up .
Room was what you would expect for 10€ a night , dont think it has ever been properly cleaned and I had to ask for bed linen as a dirty old blanket was all what was on the bed .Hot water was aplenty , I managed to get the window slightly opened .
Breakfast was bought to the room by a friendly guy , there is no restaurant there but thats ok and the food was fine as was the the evening meal which I ordered through room service .The porter who took care of the floor i was staying on was very good and helpfull
Sleeping was not good, the dogs outside fought all night long , seems to be a Delhi thing I guess and ther hotel was noisy, guess the staff forget there are guests staying and should nt really shout and laugh inthe middle of the night / first thing in the morning .. unfortunalty my room was right next to where the porter has his desk , so the phone would go off now and then .
Was moderatly happy with my stay , as I said for 10€ a night one cant complain too much , but then I booked for a taxi the next day at 5am to catch a flight and it was there , but the hotel man then told me it would cost 650 rupees !! I then lost it with him as he was grinning slyly , once again they had me by the b**s as I needed the taxi otherwise I would miss my flight ! As the gent who commented just before me a taxi for 100 rupees is over the top and there he was saying he wanted 650 rp to " organise " it all !! , So once again this is a classic case of rip off tatics , which is silly really because they must realise it will be commented here on TA and there is no chance of repeat custom , once bitten twice shy and all that !
So alone because of that and of the internet charge I would never in a thousand years come here again and would advice anyone becaue of this to stay away

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DrWho43
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a though one. As a business traveler I do not have a lot of experience with budget backpacker style hotels, so it took me some time to rate this hotel in a fair way. There are definitely good things to say about this hotel. It is very close to the central railway station. The hotel’s airport pickup was waiting for me and the driver took me straight into the hotel, which is possibly difficult to find in the dark. There is AC (haven’t tested it) and there is a nice flatscreen television in the room. Those are the good things.
At first, the room looked reasonably clean, but my white slippers looked filthy after 2 nights of wandering from the bathroom to the bed. The price for the airport pickup was 100 roupies more than what was told me on the phone (airport parking fee, sir!).
The room had a window that could not be closed completely. The fighting street dogs kept me awake all night. Take your earplugs when you go there!
There was no hot water in the shower.
The 2 nights were booked and prepaid through an internet website. When I checked out, it took some time and email proof to convince the receptionist that the room was already paid for.
The price paid was more or less OK, but there certainly are places with better quality places for less money. I think my next stay in Delhi will be in a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Travelled a fair bit and stayed in some dumps and palaces. This was neither. It was fine for a couple of nights and the staff were very helpful. If I was on a budget again I would stay here but to be honest for a little more there's much better available. A good location for the back street shopping of the area.
Oh and double check the exact location first - we had huge problems getting taxi drivers to find it and always had to direct them to it. Had a nightmare on our first night.
My ratings are in line with what we paid not how I'd compare it to other places

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple