“Bravo Bloomrooms.”

bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station
Ranked #31 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was impressed with Bloomrooms from the outset.

We only had 5 days free to visit India before meeting up with friends in Sri Lanka. Our resulting time constraints meant landing in Delhi at 10.30pm ahead of catching the express train to Agra at 6am the next morning.

I love luxury accommodation but it doesn’t make sense to pay 5 star prices for nothing more than a quick shower and a couple of hours sleep. None of the budget hotels near the railway appealed to me until someone on a TA forum suggested Bloomrooms ‘Railway’. I was impressed from the outset. Their website was well laid-out and informative with the terms and conditions and cancellation policy clearly defined. My enquiry email was answered promptly and they had obviously taken the time to actually read it (Some places in India send infuriatingly generic replies to everything) so I booked.

Good decision.

We arrived around midnight. The railway district surrounding Bloomrooms is as dirty and dingy as you’d expect, so the clean white facade really stood out. We were checked in promptly by friendly staff. Although the hotel itself is new, the building is not. It’s essentially open in the middle with the rooms arranged around the outside of the resulting courtyard. As expected our room was small, but it was spotlessly clean. The beds (actually ‘the bunk’ because there are no twin rooms) were comfortable, the water was hot and the shower pressure was good. The towels and linens were clean and new and the air con worked. We napped for 4 hours, checked out effortlessly, met our guide, walked less than 5 minutes down the road (you can always jump in a tuk tuk if you have a lot of bags) and caught the train to Agra in plenty of time. That’s what we’d been hoping for and it’s exactly what we got.

I really can’t recommend the hotel highly enough within its (much needed) niche. What Bloomrooms promised, it delivered.

FYI. Breakfast at the hotel doesn’t start until 7am so if you’re catching the express to Agra (and you’d be nuts to do anything else) make sure you book a first class seat. The breakfast served on the train is surprisingly edible. Also, there are 2 Bloomrooms in Delhi so make sure you book the right one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Laonie
There are newer reviews for bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in both bloomrooms in delhi and both were excellent. The location of this one was perhaps better because of the railway station which links to the metro and the airport. The rooms were lovely and clean, nice bathroom (not a wet room!) and just a fantastic welcoming feel. There are so many useful things for backpackers to use for free - maps, the lonely planet, Apple Macs, and a nice cafe serving western and Indian food. The staff were so helpful - second to none. Can't believe you get this for a such a low price!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Frengladeutschgirl
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I came to New Delhi for a business trip and was heading towards those usual crappy pahar ganj hotels , Just few minutes after i left the railway station gates i spotted a Well Lit White and Yellow building at the corner of Arakshan road .I thought it might be one of those dearer hotels run by chain hotel companies. I stepped in to check out the room prices and was amaze to find out how low they were . I quickly asked for a Standard room and the manager at the front was more than happy to offer me standard queen room which had a nice view. My room was quite spacious with a very comfortable bed and very clean washroom. Internet was offered for free by the hotel and so is the coffee . For a moment i felt i am not in India looking at the high standards set by the hotel management, Its location is great coz it took me 5 minutes to reach CP where my meetings were. When i return back to the hotel after day full of meetings i headed straight to the Amici cafe for dinner and ordered a Pizza which i quite like as it was Wood Oven one , Used one of those iMacs they got at the front which i think is a brilliant idea. The Bed was really great coz i had nice sleep after the tiring day in Delhi heat.They do have a free shuttle service which dropped me to the metro station .I was very impressed by this hotel and I recommend this to anyone looking for a Great Place to stay for Brilliant Price in Heart of Delhi.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sethsahil
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very central area, awesome bed, very clean, good value for money, refunded pre-booked breakfast when I had to go for an early trip, airport pick-up was working well, was dropped off by free hotel shuttle at the central airport metro station.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank FRQNTTRVLRFB
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Forget where it is located, moment you step in you are taken to an amazing new level of customer service. Everyone seems to be trained to be impeccable, I arrived earlier than scheduled on Monday morning and was waiting. Bala showed me around the hotel and what struck me was the freshness in the air, in the rooms and cleanliness. You just can't believe you are in Paharganj area (the area is quite a dump honestly) but this is like an oasis in the desert. Every little thing they do, they amaze me. The rooms were so clean, the pressure in the shower was amazing, could go on and on. Move over Ginger and other budget hotels, you need to take a lesson or two from Bloomrooms.

Room Tip: I got a room inside so it was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Manish_Kamdar
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed at bloomrooms a few days ago with my friend and i was extremely satisfied with my stay! The lobby and rooms are impeccably clean, the service is fast and friendly, the cafe serves a breakfast buffet with continental fare at a fair price and overall i felt extremely safe in an otherwise sketchy area. Highly reccomended!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julia P
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A great oasis in Delhi. The beds are the comfiest I've slept on in India and possibly ever!! The free filtered water, tea/coffee and wifi are wonderful and we even had a little balcony. We opted for a standard room which was actually quite big.
The staff were very attentive and lovely.
As it is new it can be difficult to get a rickshaw/taxi who knows it but we got there eventually. Despite being right near New Delhi station google maps said it was as long as the walk to the metro at Connaught place (about 15mins) as you have to find a pedestrian walk way, so we just used the metro from Connaught place instead.
I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013