“Brilliant food, chic setting, good collection of wine: Overall, a memorable meal.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Neung Roi

Neung Roi
Ranked #86 of 12,534 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Neung Roi finds its inspiration from the undiscovered, unseen nooks and corners, cultures and traditions of the kingdom of Thailand. It offers a harmonious coming together of complex elements of cuisine from its various regions. The freshest elements are sourced and then prepared painstakingly by our specialist chefs to create dishes that are exquisitely well balanced while retaining their natural goodness. It is the best of Thailand recreated in a menu.
India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Due to paucity of time, we could only taste their Appetisers and drinks. Can't wait to come here again and try their main course dishes.
Ambience: Classic chic, minimalistic with oriental touches but not over the top: I liked it.
Service: Good, cordial, smiling and helpful.
Menu is on a tablet and food is divided as per various regions of Thailand. For every region, you have appetisers, soups, salads, main course. It could take a little time to get around the menu because most of us are not familiar with what comes from where in Thailand (unless we have extensively traveled in the region).. Just like for most of the westerners, Indian food is all about Butter Chicken or Parathas. Our server was persistent enough to guide us through the menu and help us chose dishes.
We ordered for a veg salad (from Central Thailand) and chicken satay. I am sorry, I don't remember the name of salad as this meal happened 5 days ago but I am attaching the pics of the same.
Once you are seated, they serve a thai Paan, a palate cleanser kind of a dish. It's quite interesting: fresh, tangy, tasteful.
My salad was AMAZING. the flavours were well balanced, light, left a very good after taste in my mouth and truly made me happy for my trip to Thailand the same night.
My friend's chicken satay was very tender and good too.
Desserts are the usual lot but a good collection.
Red Wine is served in the most beautiful wine goblet.
Value for money: Not reasonably priced but definitely value for money.
Ratings:
Food: 4/5
Drinks: 4/5
Service: 3/5

Will I go again: For sure, yes.... can't wait to taste their main course. After Kebab Factory, this is another winner in Radisson's kitty.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank gary25

New Delhi, India
“Excellent Culinary Thai Ambassador”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

You learn the culture of a country through its food-or is it vice versa? In any case, the iPad Menu keeps you engrossed for a few long moments before you can decide to order a few of around 150 dishes the truly authentic Thai restaurant has to offer. The Menu is divided into four parts-the 4 regions of Thailand. You may have to visit the restaurant a few times to remember the name or to learn to pronounce correctly. But I couldn't remember a better restaurant I had eaten Thai food before- after I finished a leisurely meal from all 4 regions. Prawn dishes were amazing-thanks to the freshness (except for one piece, the Thai Chef explained she checks for fresh supplies every day but an occasional not-so-fresh piece does get pushed through by the supplier) and the sauces. Service is excellent-the restaurant was not exactly buzzing with customers when I went, so not sure if you would be treated as royalty even when it is packed with people. The open kitchen is a pleasant sight; you can see the chef working herself and supervising the 7-8 chefs working under her. The decor is quite pleasant and luxurious. The presentation is quite elegant. I wasn't too impressed with the dessert and would have to go through the iPad several times and taste before finalising for a dinner of about 40 pax I plan to organise soon. What really impressed me was the wine list-there are quite a few wines that are reasonably priced (usually I find one or none in any 5-star hotel). Where else would you find a (Louis Roederer) Champagne priced at Rs.5200?! Food is reasonably priced for a 5-star restaurant-expect to pay around Rs.3200++ for two besides wine-you could order a decent bottle from Rs.2400-3600 from a wide choice. A definite repeatable restaurant for Thai food lovers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank wineguyindia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flavours you'll savour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Thai is the new 'in' cuisine in the metropolitan cities, but there are very few places where one can find the authentic flavours of Thai food. Neung Roi in Radisson Blu Plaza is one such restaurant which promises flavours that'll keep your palate craving for more. Neung Roi has a wide range of dishes from different parts of Thailand and each dish has a distinct flavour. The vegetables are especially imported from Thailand to maintain the real taste and apart from the taste, the chef makes sure that the dish is also well presented. From the mocktails to soups to salads to seafood to vegetarian dishes, every item in your platter will please your senses. The ambience is warm and quiet and the manager and service persons' delighful demeanour add in making your visit a memorable one and one to look forward to again! Cheers to Neung Roi!

• Visited September 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“Nothing WoW about it, but alright.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Delhi doesnt have much of Thai dining venues, most who claim to be thai have indian cooks cooking behind and claiming to cook authentic thai.

I narrowed down to this joint after finding out that the lady chef was from Puket, so decided to go.

My nephew was going gu gu ga ga about thai food and hence I decided to take him for a thai. I love thai curries and know a bit about it but after my experience at Neung Roi, I didnt feel anything "WoW" about it.

4 people and we had ordered 5 dishes and total bill was 4300 Indian Rupees + on an average 20US$/ person.

Extensive iPad menus "very detailed" but guest would feel lost.

Staff very courteous.

Btw, the Thai lady chef was on vacation as mentioned by the staff ;-(

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must visit for all Thai lovers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well this is the first time I am writing a review for a restaurant. And Neung Roi prompted me to leave one.

I went there with my husband on my Birthday and Neung Roi made it special in so many ways. Everything from the decor, ambiance, open live kitchen, lightning and cuisine speaks of Thai. It is like they are taking you on a small visual journey to Thailand. To start with, you are welcomed by ever smiling, warm and friendly staff always ready to help you out. We both have been to various thai restaurants across the country but this one takes the crown. The menu is extensive and gives you the description of each dish as most of the people are not aware of thai delicacies. The menu is divided into 4 parts with all 4 regions of Thailand. To be honest I was not aware of these different regions and the type of cuisine it consists of. So the menu did enlightened me of that fact but it hardly makes any difference to a layman like me who doesn't know what Isan or Lanna cuisine tastes like. For me thai cuisine is thai cuisine irrespective of the region it comes from. But it's a great effort by Radisson to go deep into authentic thai cuisine and bring to us a thai experience we cant forget. Would appreciate if they could give a small description about each cuisine in the starting to tell you what you can expect out of it. But we went there to experiment and we were delighted with each dish. We asked our waiter to suggest keeping in mind that I am a vegetarian and my husband a Non-vegetarian and so he did. We started with soup and appetizers followed with main course and 2-3 types of salads. The salads were exceptional good yam som, yam hed bpa etc. All were very light and refreshing. I had Porpia Sod which is fresh veg spring roll with tamarind dressing. Too good and refreshing. I don't remember most of the names from that evening but all were unique and very tempting and i still cant forget those flavorful delights and the beautiful presentation.

A must visit place for every thai lover. I and my husband both had a great time and wish to go there again soon.

• Visited July 2013