“Nice Place, live music, tipsy waiters are a put off though.......”
Review of Raas

Raas
Ranked #634 of 12,749 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Raas is located amidst the extremely hot and happening Hauz Khas Village. It is a family place and hence, is not as loud as the other pubs/restaurants around.

The ambience is good, the cooling is great, the view from the restaurant is really nice. The live singer is excellent and knows his stuff.

The food however, is not that great. We ordered a Pakistani chicken Korma and Raas Rajwari Ghost.

The Korma was just average. The Ghosht was a little better with the mutton done to perfection. The breads were a little underdone. The overall impact of the food was just about average.

The servings are generous and one can have a complete meal with just the curry in the dish.

The waiters at Raas were the strangest I have come across. Most of them had that glazed look in their eyes which comes from having a couple of drinks and then trying hard to act normal.

Overall a good place to go to occasionally.

1  Thank CHOPRAMO

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to Raas last Friday in a group of 10.

I ordered wine by glass and got to know that they can only server the one which is already open. I ordered it anyway and found it to be oxidized-I didn't complain about it but I'm sure the good staff serving there would have taken it back.

Loved the starters but I still think they need to add more variety(not the regular north India stuff), specially main course. My friend ordered a chicken starter and left half the portion because it was under cooked(again, we were in too good company to complain about anything).

Also, I think it was some live music night so there you go...all the live music fans!

All in all, good service, good food(whatever is in the menu) and reasonable price.

1  Thank Priyapatwal
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I liked everything about this place. Starting from the interiors to the outside view, to the spread in the menu and last but not the least the taste of food. After all if a food joint can't offer a tasty meal, all other decoration is just waste.

Raas also champions in dishing out some unthinkable combinations of flavor. One of such combos was our traditional tandoori items like Paneer, prawn etc with Wasabi. We orderd Wasabi Paneer tikka and Dahi ke kabab. Both were finger licking good. The main course also has some great spread of Mughlai, North Indian, Pakistani dishes. I had one of the best versions of my favorite dish Laal Maas there. So I am a happy soul.

Would definitely go back here and recommend it whole heartedly

Reviewed May 2, 2013

very good food,warm,very nice staff.gud live music.perfect dineout
not only starters n food was good,dessert were very impressive too
very very courteous staff
wine selection gud too
overall ,nice experience

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Took an important client. The food was fine and the ambiance is ok too. The chicken was tender and kababs roasted well. However the waiters ensure that you do not have a proper conversation with your guest Very intrusive...almost like credit card salesmen. Refuse to let go. I think we made the mistake of being one of the early guests...so all the waiters had ample of time.