“Pan-Asian in Pan-Delhi outlets...”
Review of Side Wok

Side Wok
Ranked #166 of 12,608 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
New Delhi, India
“Pan-Asian in Pan-Delhi outlets...”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whenever one approaches Malcha Marg market, one confronts with Lotus Garden and Fujiya as they occupy the front rows. For Side Wok, one needs to take extra efforts in finding its location almost at the back of the sprawling market complex. As you locate the restaurant and climb a few stairs, you would enter its chic but understated interiors tastefully done with glass & wood. With an exposed brick finish on one side, the restaurant is divided into four sections around the stairwell by glass walls, which feign continuity. While the lighting was muted, the illumination was perfect for the interiors. And I immensely liked the crockery with Chinese motifs and designs.

I will have to limit my experience on food alone as we went for a ‘take away’ dinner this time for four. Our order for a portion of Mizutaki soup (Rs.355.00) for two was very much adequate even for four persons. The clear soup came with a balanced aroma & taste with diced vegetables, chicken and shrimp. In the main course, a portion of Hunan chicken (Rs.345.00) came in huge quantity and the dish was well prepared too. Our veg dishes of stir fried vegetables with basil (Thai) and Pakchoy with black mushroom in oyster sauce (Chinese), costing Rs.275.00 each were high on the aroma and had the right appeal to our palates. We had also ordered for two portions of veg hakka noodles (Rs.195.00 each), which could actually feed five. The light & easy dinner for four of us was billed at Rs.1888.00 - Side Wok allowed a discount of 10% on total food bill (gesture appreciated), VAT @ 12.5% and service tax @ 4.944% on (food + service charge). What really stumped me was adding the service charge @10% on the food bill as we hardly availed any services of the restaurant for a ‘take away’ dinner!

On the overall, a good experience…I’ll look forward to visiting them soon for more exotic items on the menu from Myanmar, Thailand and Indonesia…

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
INDIA
“Perfect for a family lunch out on Sunday.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is close to our house so when Chinese is the taste , we head out here.
The food is good, not the best.
Service is average, waiters r not the friendly types, more like machines.
There is no alcohol licence here so no point going on a Night out with friends .

• Visited March 2013
New Delhi
“nice food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

very nice food specially the chanakyapuri one...............amazing fish.
love to go there. everything is very good soups and side orders and specially ambience is very good ,
earlier we used to go to fujiya's but its a flop show now.

• Visited February 2013
new delhi
“For a change”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

In india you can eat well in many places For a great change try side wok in a "turistic"spot as khan market is far less expensive than the other rest in the area, the plates are generouse and the food delicious

New Delhi
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have only been to their outlet in Connaught Place which unfortunately one may miss if one careful enough while negotiating the bumper-to-bumper traffic in the area. I missed it once and had to take a complete round of the Connaught circle. I would have liked if these guys would have located the restaurant in the inner circle of CP or maybe the middle circle. One has to take one long staircase to reach the restaurant. The decor is excellent and both me and my wife were greeted by cheerful guys, which is nice as I went there after a hard day's labor in the office.
The service was nice. I had Vietnamese Grilled Chicken, Roast Pork Sichuan and Hakka Noodles, which were all tasty and good portions. I will surely visit the CP outlet again despite the traffic issues and also check out the other outlets at Khan Market and Malcha.

• Visited July 2012