“Nice hotel, but the staff is not professional”

Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara
Ranked #97 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Иркутск, Россия
“Nice hotel, but the staff is not professional”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Nice hotel, but the staff is not professional, hotel is far from the city, but metro station just in 1 km from the hotel. A lot of minor flaws and mainly because of the staff. Some speak English as a 3 year old child. The restaurant even though it was a small too long are dirty tables at staff too much even for such a small restaurant! No napkins. Although even in hotels 2 star restaurants have always napkins. But it is clear that the staff tries to maintain at a high level, just have not experienced. After a few months, the hotel will match a 4 star but for now no matter how good your room when the service does not match the level to stay in a hotel just do not feel like there is no other option! Honestly it is better not to order food in the room. The price does not match the quality! The taste of food was very bad. But the prices are very high. But when there is no choice you can't do anything also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SiddharthChaudhry, General Manager at Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Greetings from Park Plaza Delhi - CBD Shahdara!
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and i am sorry for the lack of services faced by you during your recent trip to Park Plaza. We take a lot of learning from all feedback and in this case, we seem to have failed to deliver you the Park Plaza experience. I am sharing this feedback with my entire team so corrective action can be taken immediately and we will not repeat these shortcomings. I am very sorry!.
I request you to please give us another chance to host your stay. I will personally look in to your feedback and make the hotel services better for future guests.

Siddharth Chaudhry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2013

it is not often that hotel pictures are exactly the same as the actual hotel. We booked hoping to find a quiet peaceful hotel. Afterall the last thing that one wants after a long tiring flight from atlanta is a noisy hotel. Lobby is okay, rooms okay, staff is willing to help with a smile on the face.
What works -
Spa - definitely recommended for anyone. the therapist recommended a stress relieving therapy which sent me to sleep 5minutes into the 45 minute session. Followed by a trip to the steam room and an hour later, i was fresh as a daisy.
The restaurant on the first floor is good for rich indian food. Though i am not a big fan of the same but this time the boyf won. Good food indeed.

What doesnt work-
There is hardly anything to do in the area after 7 pm, one needs to head out to central delhi according to taxi drivers. So if you are looking at having a go at the delhi pubs, it will take you almost 30 minutes to get to one.

For tourists, there are internaional food chains around the hotel (visit closeby malls) for all your cravings for junk food. We stayed here for 2 days and werent dissappointed. This trip finished and took us to the beautiful city of Agra for Taj Mahal. That is in my next review.

Room Tip: all should be okay considering we got a decent room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SiddharthChaudhry, General Manager at Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Greetings from Park Plaza Delhi - CBD Shahdara!!

Thank you very much for taking the time out to write this review. We appreciate this feedback and it will help us make the hotel better for your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you at Park Plaza soon.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel just opened late last year. The rooms are clean and modern, however there is a serious problem with the shower and drainage system. The drain gets blocked up pretty quickly and floods the bathroom. We stayed in 3 different rooms and had a flood in each bathroom as a result of using the shower. Ended up pulling the drain cover out to prevent the bathroom from flooding.
Very friendly and helpful staff especially the F & B team that took good care of us. Food was pretty good too.
The hotel is not centrally located. There is nothing much within walking distance and you will need a car to get around.
Overall great stay! Thoroughly recommended (if you have a driver to take you around) and will stay there again.
Free Wifi (no multi login).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SiddharthChaudhry, General Manager at Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you feedback. We value the same and appreciate the time taken to write this.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and the food that we serve. I am very sorry for the water clogging in your rooms. This problem is being rectified as I write this email to you. I am very sorry once again and can promise you that we will take every step possible to make sure that this problem is not repeated for all our future guests.

The hotel has a fleet of chaffeur driven cars kept exclusively for the guests staying with us. We will be happy to provide to with the same for your future visits. This will make travel easier in and around delhi.

We thank you once again for writing this review and look forward to seeing you at ParK Plaza shortly.

Lucknow, India
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Before I landed at the Hotel the mail sent to the Hotel was responded to within an hour by their GM which was the first sign of their exceptional professional dedication and client servicing. On finally landing at the Hotel I was swiftly taken up to my room and Check-In formalities completed and a brief on the room given. The room was exceptionally clean, mattresses were comfortable, large windows and the wash room was well maintained. I tried the Lounge Services which were slightly slow [keeping with the laid back attitude with which a client normally visits a lounge] and the drinks satisfactory. Room Service was exceptionally prompt and food was as per expectations - no unpleasant surprises. The breakfast spread every morning was extensive and catered to all tastes - Indian and International. The Housekeeping Service was done without fail every day and the evening turn down service was not missed for the 3 days I stayed here. Park Plaza CBD Shahdara leaves a very professional impression on a visitor. I would like to stay there again during my future visits to the NCR Region. I would like to however make the following minor suggestions: 1. The location of the Hotel is not known to most cab operators/taxis. Perhaps certain direction signs can be put up on the Main Vikas Marg indicating the impending arrival of the Hotel. 2. The Choice of TV Channels particularly Indian channels can be improved with Prime Time Channels like Star Plus, Zee, Colors and Business Channels like CNBC TV-18 being included. 3. A little personal touch will make the stay one which a guest will never forget - the personnel manning the workstation during the breakfast come running asking for your Room No. as if someone would be trying to steal a free meal in the Hotel. Rather than this a mechanism should be in place wherein the guest should be identified and greeted by their name and then requested in a discrete manner about their room details, if at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SiddharthChaudhry, General Manager at Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Gupta,

Thank you very much for staying with us and an even bigger thank you for this wonderful and positive feedback regarding your stay.

We look forward to seeing you at Park Plaza soon. Please let me know if we can be of any help for your future trips. All special request are welcome!

I am correcting all things mentioned by you in your feedback. We are looking at the possibility of adding more tv channels to our channel guide. I will also get directional signages put up across Vikas marg as mentioned by you. As for the breakfast, I can promise you this shall not be repeated and we will never ask for room numbers in that manner. I have already briefed my team on the same.

Thank you very much once again and please take care.

sydney
Reviewed February 13, 2013

nice quiet hotel in the middle of nowhere in delhi. They call it the CBD district. Perhaps will be CBD in 2020 as of now there isnt much around apart from a few marriage halls, upcoming malls and closeby metro construction.

The hotel however is apt for a 4 star deluxe hotel. This could be a good hotel anywhere in the world. Not too expensive as per international standards made me book this hotel. Online booking was easy on booking.com.

WIll recommend this to al travelers to east delhi / noida area. Housekeeping staff is very efficient and make all guests feel warm and welcome. Will stay here again if price isnt increased and i have business in noida again.

Stayed in room 320.

Room Tip: salon looked inviting though didnt use it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SiddharthChaudhry, General Manager at Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Alan,

Thank you for your feedback, we value the same. I am glad that you liked your stay, enjoyed the services offered and we look forward to seeing you at Park Plaza.

Please let us know the next time you are travelling to Delhi and we will be happy to consider any special requests. You can email us directly on reservations@pkshahdara.com.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Hotel itself is of a very good standard, being brand new since December 2012, was one my main reasons for booking this hotel. The hotel itself didn't dissapoint. The check in was seamless after being stuck in rush hour traffic from the airport. The normal 45 minute drive took twice as long. My own fault, my flight arrived late and i left the airport at 5:40pm. The hotel pick up from the airport was excellent, I was in India with my family, my wife, my mother and 2 children and loads of luggage. The hotel arranged for one of their cars and a MPV vehicle to collect me from the airport. Although my flight was late by 2 hours the driver waited patiently at the airport.

I stayed for 2 nights Fri/Sat/Sun and found the rooms to be of a very good standard, the beds were comfortable, the hygiene and cleanliness of the rooms was very good. The bathroom was excellent, the shower was hot and powerful. The management had carried out all of my requests, as I had asked for 2 interconnecting rooms. The overall ambience and comfort of the hotel is very good. There are electronic safes in the rooms which I found very useful. Just be careful with the powerful shower as sometimes the base can't cope with all the water and sometimes overflows into the bathroom. The shower base needs to be raised.

The steam room in the gym area is excellent, although it opens a little late at 9am, just ask at reception to turn it on early shoul you desire. The outdoor pool looks nice, but they don't run it in winter. In summer I'm sure it will be great.

We had the complimentary buffet breakfast at The Promenade restaurant, which I thought had enough variety but could do with more western cooked breakfast items suc as bacon, waffles, baked beans etc for western palates. They had cerals, juices, fruit and other indian breakfast items. Eggs were available on order, but did take slightly long to arrive once ordered. One day it took 15 mins for an ommelete to arrive.
We had an evening meal at The Promenade which I thought was very nice and pleasant, the food was very good, compliments to the chef. The front house restaurant staff could be a littlt more attentive towards their guests at brakfast, instead of huddling around wit each other.

The hotel is quite well placed for Central Delhi, we headed out on Saturday morning and it took about 20-25 mins to reach India Gate. The traffic in Delhi can be horrendous, it's 20 times worse than London at peak hour. Even during the day and weekends it can be difficult to get around, the metro (underground) might be a wise choice.

The only one negative point about the hotel is it's immediate surroundings, which I must mention. When I booked the hotel direct on the phone, the staff did not mention the immediate surroundings, when I quizzed them about he hotel.
The hotel is surrounded on 3 sides by empty grounds. In the wedding season these grounds get converted into temporary marriage marquees. On the first night there were 2 weddings going on simultaneously and the noise was very loud. The noise was filtering into all of the rooms. Also in the corridor the noise was coming through the air conditioning vents. When I complained, I was reassured the music would be switched off by 10 -10.30 pm according to local laws. It went off about 11pm. On the Saturday, luckily there was no weddings. The only other downside is the view of a site which belongs to the metro where they carry out their works, but no noise. The 5 star Kempinski is just around the corner and I imagine in 5-6 years this area will be up and coming.

The manager Mr Choudary was very nice and accomodating and he actually called the police to have the music shutdown according to the law. I found Siddarth (general manager) very helpful and always aiming to please.

My checkout was quick and fast and my 2 vehicles to the airport were waiting.

Overall a very nice and pleasant stay and would highly reccomend to others, its new, everythings in excellent working order, its part of a international chain and you can't go wrong except for the weddings going on outside which is the only drawback. Get those stopped and I wouldn't have too much to moan about. N.B. If in Delhi, make sure you visit Akshardam Temple in the evening, the architecture and the whole place is out of this world. Amazing do not miss.

A special thanks to all the staff, keep up the good work, although your hotel is new, don't let your standards slip as they are excellent at the moment. And a special thanks to the General manager Siddarth for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Johal,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are extremely grateful for your feedback. I am glad that you liked your stay at Park Plaza Delhi - CBD Shahdara.

I will share this detailed feedback with my entire team and we are already taking necessary steps towards making the hotel better for your next visit. Points mentioned by you like waffles, baked beans and bacon have been noted and i am arranging for these to be on the buffet spread from tomorrow morning itself. I have already added a live cooking omelet station for quicker delivery of omelet's and pasta to the guests.

Thank you very much once again and please give us another chance to serve you. Please take care.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

went in the mnth of dec.amazng stay gud csd servc specialy the frnt ofc staf.
very helpful and full of amiableness.
rooms were well maintained
dinng is well organised.
staff knows how to maintain the decorum.
as the infrastructure is newly built so its as per the present era.
CHEERS

• Stayed December 2012
SiddharthChaudhry, General Manager at Park Plaza Delhi CBD Shahdara, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Ms. Sharma,

It such a pleasure to recieve this wonderful review from you on Tripadvisor,
Thank you very much for your stay and for sharing your thoughts,we are really glad that you liked our service, food, contemporary style and design.

At Park Plaza Delhi - CBD Shahdara, we try to make sure that every little detail is taken care of when it comes to guest comfort. I am sure you will discover this on your future trips and stays as well.

It will be a pleasure to have you at our hotel again, we hope to offer you a new perspective yet again.