“Olive inn review for reviewers”
Review of Olive Inn

Olive Inn
Ranked #479 of 1,086 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Delhi, New York
“Olive inn review for reviewers”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Nice small hotel nestled in a bustling neighborhood of Karol Barg, Delhi. I had a room in the back which as quiet as it gets in center city Delhi. Bed was very comfortable. The best part of the stay however was that fact that the owner of the Olive Inn, Amit, also owns the Karachi Sweet shop. A great small place where you can everything from a thali or samosa chat to any number of countless sweets. Amit is a quick to smile generous man that made my decision to stay at the Olive inn and easy one.

Room Tip: sleep in the back in every hotel in delhi its always quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jetsetR87
Amitmalik, General Manager at Olive Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Accept my sincere thank for tendering us an opportunity to serve you and being our valued Guest sharing your sincere feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us. Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It could be so much better. The installation are good.
It's just not clean enough.
We doubt that they had clean the bathroom before we got in. The towel was suspicious, the floor mat was wet, the shower is visibly not cleaned often.

About the included breakfast: we weren't sure if it was butter, it had a strange smell and look. We asked the guy at the reception what it was. He dipped his finger into it to tell us it was butter.
Food serving: plate, omelette, napkin, other plate, omelette, napkin. It was disgusting to cover the food with napkins!

Service is cold and limit rude.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amitmalik, General Manager at Olive Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013

Trust us we had taken all prevention measure to avoid such feed back again.

Bozeman
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A great place to stay in Delhi. Close to the Metro, close to the local market, and nestled in a great neighborhood in Karol Barg. The beds are really comfortable, best we've had in India. Good AC, nice TV, and swift room service. Next door is the Karachi Sweet Shop, an amazing small place that sells delicious snacks and Thali plates. Do yourself a favor and stop in and say hi to Amit, the same owner of the Olive Inn. The desk and other hotel staff are all professional and eager to help. The rooms are clean and the sheets are soft. This is my go to hotel now in Delhi. Thanks to Amit and staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rikki W
San diego
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Clean cozy rooms,comfortable beds,good aircon,big tv with many channels,good hot shower,clean bathroom,friendly staff,free Internet,...well I guess that's enough we want from small budget hotel and that's what we got at THE OLIVE INN.located on the main road in nice quite area within walking distance to main markets,shops ,restaurants,few minutes drive to city center.highly recommended.Can bet olive inn stands way up compared to other budget hotel in Delhi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 169JEssy169
Del Mar, California
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Staying at this hotel felt like staying at home.it was very comfortable,all demands were met,very clean,compact cozy rooms.staff was friendly.the owner is very respectful,jolly,hospitable and listens to his guests very carefully,tries to make make them feel as comfortable as possible.we had to leave 6 am and asked if it is possible to get breakfast at 5,tho they start at 7 but owner'squick response was 'yes definately no problems',and it was at our door exactly on time.very good memories of'' the olive inn'.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lovely_daze2003
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for few nights and had wonderful time,rooms are clean comfortable beds and bathrooms are nice.away from traffic and honking,very quite.have all the basic amenities travelers look for.and the best prices we got compared to other hotels in the area.breakfast was served in the room which was quite tasty.ask for the owner who will be happy to help you in anything ,met the owner in lobby who was very polite and helpful,tried out desserts at their sweet shop next door which was awesome.best budget option in Delhi.highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ratraveler2000
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and that includes Africa and never before I felt so humiliated.
I was changed from the Hospitality bed and brekfast to this hotel because they didnt have availability there and I was told that the price was going to be 2000 ruppies, when I arrived they told me that I had to pay 2400, but I said it is ok because the hotel looked nice. The sheets and the toilet where dirty but I usually dont care about it. I stay there 3 nights and the last one they asked me to move to other room, when I took a shower the morning I was leaving I dried with a towel full of human excrement, [--].
To solve the problem, they gave me back the 1200 ruppies they charge me extra and give me a cup of tea to help me stop crying.

I dont wish experience this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also do accept our apologies for all the inconvenience you had experienced your stay with us. I would like to have this as an opportunity to assure you and all our Guest that all the precautions had been taken with a serious note that such situations will never come again.