“Perfect!”

Ranked #91 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Sao Paulo, SP
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful 5 nights stay at Basil. Clean, quiet and safe rooms, very friendly and helpful staff and amazing food that you can have at restaurant, room or on their roof top that is lovely to take a cold drink and watch the sunset and also have a Lotus Temple view. I could not have a better stay. I have nothing negative to say, it was just perfect.

• Stayed June 2013
vikaasG, General Manager at Basil the Residency, responded to this review, May 2, 2014

We would like to thank you for giving us your valuable time & feedback.

This means a lot to us. It gives us a chance to eliminate our weaknesses & make them our strength. We believe in guest satisfaction which can be only achieved by your support.

Hope to see you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us any time for any information.

Team – Basil the residency hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is a refuge after driving through mad traffic and heat in Delhi. Not many facilities around the hotel but I only stayed to have a rest and I had a great one. If you want shops and places to eat outside, go to one the average places in the centre. I chose not to do that and was so happy with my choice. Near Lotus temple, nice roof top terrace, people up there a bit noisy at times in eve but that s India. And I was too tired to be bothered.

Rooms are clean, comfy and big. Well equipped with TV, safe etc. Rooms are quiet despite location on busy road, thanks to good windows! Charming style and new. Food is really good and varied. Staff is friendly, professional, competent, very helpful and attentive. They speak excellent English. I could check out later than normal because i was off to a long bus trip in the evening. It was really kind of the staff to offer me this option. Looking forward to going there again. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Lyon, France
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great staff, everybody will make his best to help and please you. Rooms are modern, nice style and really comfortable. So are the beds! I was travelling on my own and felt really safe. Don't miss this place in Delhi. Nice view on the terrace.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at basil for a week. I must say it just felt like a day. I was here for my interview in Okhla. My time went by so quick and loved everything about this hotel. The staff was super friendly and coordinating. They helped me getting a new SIM card, arranging a taxi or a tuk tuk with no extra costs and commissions. Indeed the perfect decision for my stay in Delhi, centrally located and good food.

• Stayed May 2013

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am a frequent traveller, usually visting delhi every month. My fiance had booked this hotel for me. I must say that my visit & stay was more than just ok. From the guard to the general manager, all the staff was super polite and respectful. They always answer to your query with a smile. The decor is beautifully and tastefully done. The menu pricing are super reasonable. They helped me arange a taxi with no extra commissions . Cant say enough. Nice effective air conditioners, basicaly couldnt find a flaw. Even if there was a small mistake by any trainee satff, they would action it on staright away. I got a complimentary lunch because the trainee staff had droped the tray by mistake. Thanks again to vikas the general manager who helped us out of his way and his whole team. Cant wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2013

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed April 18, 2013

it is a wonderful place, excellent ambiance. Getting such a view in delhi from the terrace is very rare, comfort level of the hotel is good. Services including guest relations are warm, the food was above my expectation, would recommend everyone to atleast stay once, overall a perfect experience for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Shillong, India
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My stay at the Basil Residency was indeed wonderful...The Receptionists are very friendly, the staffs are always at their best behaviour..The rooms are very clean, so are the toilets..The terrace really adds much colour and indeed a plus point..Hats off to The Basil residency..Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family